Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm actually considering Carroll in for Iheanacho as a bit of a differential punt. I didn't see the game last night but checked his stats and they were pretty good. He's always a threat in the air and his next few fixtures are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think I'm going to bank for the first time in a while. I'll have to play Amat this week though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone fancying Walcott back in for a double up as Arsenal fixtures looking nice over Xmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

now contemplating vertonghen........could just play kone at home to Watford though.....then bank and get both Phil Jones and ibra in the following week
    only .1 wiggle room on this and leaves me with limited options to move zaga out when the time comes . may just have to ignore spurs defence and play kone

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone fancying Walcott back in for a double up as Arsenal fixtures looking nice over Xmas?

Nah. Have kept a very close eye on him. Much better options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

Ye I am. I'm stilling thinking Alexis has a good chance of being rested on DEC 26. Wenger said he was gonna give him a winter break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Had an awful midweek, but any moves I'd like to make look like they're either sideways or chasing points or both.

Think I'll sit on it this week and have 2 for next week.

High risk - modest reward. I would hesitate to buy Carroll.
    What are his stats that you mention are good?

He had a good few chances and his shooting stats were better than strikers like Kane and Llorente for example. Hull at home next, probably the best fixture in the league but yeah bit of a risk as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He had a good few chances and his shooting stats were better than strikers like Kane and Llorente for example. Hull at home next, probably the best fixture in the league but yeah bit of a risk as you say.

I think the risk is not so much his ability, but his fitness - ie. will Bilic trust him to start 2 games in the space of a few days. I can see him starting on the bench

manual_man wrote: »
    I think the risk is not so much his ability, but his fitness - ie. will Bilic trust him to start 2 games in the space of a few days. I can see him starting on the bench

That's it yeah and he's in the process of regaining match fitness so you never know. Not sure what to do with my Iheanacho replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Chesty08 wrote: »
    -8 sideways transfer!

True but I need to get Eriksen in as all my rivals have him & this is the only way to manage it. I am happy with the transfers, the added increase in team value will help as well at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Is it crazy to be looking at Siggy to Lallana ? Swans have nice fixtures and Liverpool have 3 toughish ones coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did anyone watch the spurs game last night. I see they changed to 3 at the back. Going by position maps on ffs it looks like eriksen was off the front man and alli to the left. Is that how it panned out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Colking wrote: »
    Is it crazy to be looking at Siggy to Lallana ? Swans have nice fixtures and Liverpool have 3 toughish ones coming up.

Swansea are awful away from home, even against weaker teams away from home Siggy will probably only get 2 point returns, it's just that when he does get returns, he usually ends up in double figures so it's a pain not to have him but also a pain to have him as Swansea are so poor, so often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Gondog finally gone along with Hazard for Erikksen and Lallana. Moving to a strong front 7 with joe Allen becoming my first sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of Nacho + Firmino out for Eriksen + Origi for -4. Will need to do it tonight before price drops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Did anyone watch the spurs game last night. I see they changed to 3 at the back. Going by position maps on ffs it looks like eriksen was off the front man and alli to the left. Is that how it panned out .

Yeah, commentator said they were playing that way at the beginning. Fullbacks were very advanced last night and Eriksen was taking up a lot of the positions I'd have expected Kane to in the box. If they kept that formation, then Eriksen is a better option than Alli. Alli was still making late runs into the box but was a bit like Firmino that he was unlucky not to be found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Pretty much, Eriksen really should have had a hat trick or more. The change of formation really allowed us to get him on the ball high up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Getting rid of Deeney, Have Costa and Kane, 2.3m cash So what are my options? something to do until after xmas, can go cheap to allow upgrade of Costa/Kane to Kun or purchase someone up to 9.3m?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Do people think Iheanacho will still only be on bench for Man City at the weekend?

Would cost me -4 hit to move him out...is it worth it?.....Nolito seemed to do well in midweek game.

Do people think Iheanacho will still only be on bench for Man City at the weekend?

Would cost me -4 hit to move him out...is it worth it?.....Nolito seemed to do well in midweek game.
    Looks like it, hooked off after 58 mins at weekend and kept on the bench all last night. Not as if he needs a rest or anything. I'll be taking a -4 myself to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I got rid of him last night, would think he'll be on the bench, but then again with Pep it's very hard to tell.
    I'll be steering clear of City players for rest of the season, bar possibly getting Aguero back at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Who looks like a good like for like replacement for Iheanacho over busy Christmas spell?....thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Who looks like a good like for like replacement for Iheanacho over busy Christmas spell?....thanks for any replies.

Origi or maybe Rondon/Carroli if you feel like a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Stuani to Rondón.

Loggong out now till after the final whistles on Saturday.

Which means logging in again multiple times between now and 11.30am Saturday, to make sure selections have not mysteriously changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Walker or Rose in? Looking at 3 big hitters in the backline for a few weeks. Concerns over Spurs rotation eased after looking at length of rest between each match, very favourable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fant11 wrote: »
    Walker or Rose in? Looking at 3 big hitters in the backline for a few weeks. Concerns over Spurs rotation eased after looking at length of rest between each match, very favourable.

Poch is certain to rotate his full backs over Xmas if they are all fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Back to the hits this week...

Mané -> Lallana
    Cedric -> Azpi

Mané has been brilliant for Liverpool but is a headwrecking FPL asset, Cedric has just been sick (and not in a good way like the kids say it these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Back to the hits this week...

Mané -> Lallana
    Cedric -> Azpi

Mané has been brilliant for Liverpool but is a headwrecking FPL asset, Cedric has just been sick (and not in a good way like the kids say it these days)

Hoping for an update on Cedric by tomorrow. If he's not back may have to reluctantly get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Firmino out for somebody... useless pillock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

km79 wrote: »
    Poch is certain to rotate his full backs over Xmas if they are all fit

Thought that myself until I viewed the fixture list in more depth. Spurs play on the 18th, then not until the 28th, followed by the 1st. Quite a decent break between matches considering the usual schedule.

Another thing in their favour is just how poor the replacements are. Davies & Trippier in particular are a massive downgrade on Rose/Walker and affect the side greatly so I think there might be more of a reluctance to rotate now. I expected rotation last night but now it's possible there will be none.

Just looking over my team and realised ive 11 players from 5 teams: 3 Chelsea, 2 Spurs, 2 Arsenal, 2 WBA and 2 Swansea! This January WC cant come quick enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Desperately need Chelsea defensive cover. Courtois is the cheapest way in at 5.7 so thinking of Foster and Haz out, Courtois and Payet in. Anyone know how Payet did last night, in last 9 GW's all he's got is a goal and 3 assists, not great form for 9.1m. I could get Mane as have no pool cover but cup of nations putting me off. Have Sanchez, Siggy, King Eriksen, Defoe, Costa and Ibra as other attackers. Anyone recommend a different move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

AdpRo wrote: »
    Desperately need Chelsea defensive cover. Courtois is the cheapest way in at 5.7 so thinking of Foster and Haz out, Courtois and Payet in. Anyone know how Payet did last night, in last 9 GW's all he's got is a goal and 3 assists, not great form for 9.1m. I could get Mane as have no pool cover but cup of nations putting me off. Have Sanchez, Siggy, King Eriksen, Defoe, Costa and Ibra as other attackers. Anyone recommend a different move?

I'd go for lallana over mane giving you extra money to bring in alonso rather than courtois.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'd go for lallana over mane giving you extra money to bring in alonso rather than courtois.

I don't know, Lallana has only completed 90 mins 4 times, Payet will almost always play 90 and in the short term has better fixtures. To get Liverpool I could go Defoe to Origi next week after Sunderland play Watford at home this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fuchs & Holebas out.

Jones & Ake in.

Two good moves I think with some cash freed up towards my 3rd striker fund which currently stands at 9.0 which surprisingly doesn't give many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

What do ye think about
    Pedro to pogba?
    Utd having some decent fixtures ahead.
    And currently have no utd cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »
    Fuchs & Holebas out.

Jones & Ake in.

Two good moves I think with some cash freed up towards my 3rd striker fund which currently stands at 9.0 which surprisingly doesn't give many options.

Benteke for his January fixtures is my plan.

Benteke for his January fixtures is my plan.

Looked at him alright but not beyond his next 2/3, could just get him now and swallow the - 8, Vokes has been a disaster all round.

Fuchs & Holebas out.

Jones & Ake in.

Interesting. I'd been deliberating on Holebas to Jones as I wanted the bring in United cover from GW16. I wasn't able to do it though.

After West Brom they have two easy home fixtures but not sure if I can drop the potential attacking (and clean sheet) returns from Holebas for what would surely be only potential clean sheet returns from Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looked at him alright but not beyond his next 2/3, could just get him now and swallow the - 8, Vokes has been a disaster all round.

Origi for the next 3 might be worth the extra -4? Then reassess. Don't even know why I'm planning ahead for January, everything will probably change between now and then anyway.

Interesting. I'd been deliberating on Holebas to Jones as I wanted the bring in United cover from GW16. I wasn't able to do it though.

After West Brom they have two easy home fixtures but not sure if I can drop the potential attacking (and clean sheet) returns from Holebas for what would surely be only potential clean sheet returns from Jones.

With Cedric being absent more than ever I needed a defender I could play every week and while Holebas (who I rarely played) is good Watford are likely to be walloped at any time and as Amat is my bogey cheapie I didn't want to be holding another.

Origi for the next 3 might be worth the extra -4? Then reassess. Don't even know why I'm planning ahead for January, everything will probably change between now and then anyway.

It seems mad but 5 in 5 is putting me off him even though they are the leagues highest scorers! He could however eek out another 0.2 for me.

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    What do ye think about
    Pedro to pogba?
    Utd having some decent fixtures ahead.
    And currently have no utd cover.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Any opinions?

Pogba hasn't been consistent but maybe ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I would downgrade Defoe.
    If I was to trade Hazard it would be with the intention of getting two of their defenders and this week is as good as any with them trending toward price rises.

Iheanacho to Carroll done. Am going to hold onto Firmino and see how it goes, the only way is up for him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,310 ✭✭✭COH

Am going to hold onto Firmino and see how it goes, the only way is up for him right now.

I've been saying that for weeks... lets hope you are right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Firmino and Allen to Lallana and Eriksen for free makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

It would mean playing Lovren in the derby though!

• Advertisement

Re payet, west ham have decent fixtures coming up.
    I definitely think he is a good option this weekend @ home to hull.
    Mane you would only have for a few game weeks and another Liverpool mid may outshine him.
    I would prob go with payet this weekend and see how he goes,
    Or pogba may also be an option with utd fixtures coming up

Advertisement