Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

couch cushion cleaning - Dublin

Options
  • 13-12-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Does anyone know a decent company who would visit my house and remove, clean and return the fabric cushions of my couch, or who could clean the whole thing in situ?

Based in Dublin 6, and carless. So someone who can visit would be ideal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Fiberseal do it, don't know about price though, Google

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

Three years later, and I never quite got round to sorting this - any other recommendations for getting a fabric sofa cleaned in Dublin 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Three years later, and I never quite got round to sorting this - any other recommendations for getting a fabric sofa cleaned in Dublin 6?

Are they removable covers?

We looked into getting this done recently and ended up just doing it ourselves. Wasn't as much work as we'd feared. Results were good.

Remove the covers, soak in a bathtub with some Fabrize OxyAction stuff for a pile of hours, then put them in the washing machine.

Took a weekend to do a large 3-seater and another 2-seater sofa, in stages determined by what would fit in the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

The back and seat cushions are removable, and I thought about doing it myself like that, but there are non-removable fabric arms and base which need to be cleaned also.

So because the non-removable parts also need to be cleaned, i think it'll be easier to get someone to do it all in the same way.

I've emailed a few companies for quotes and none of them have got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

We used ecocleansolutions.ie a couple of years ago and found them excellent.
    Actually, it's time to give them another shout so thanks for the reminder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

mvron wrote: »
    We used ecocleansolutions.ie a couple of years ago and found them excellent.
    Actually, it's time to give them another shout so thanks for the reminder!

What did you have done and what kind of prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

I tried looking through my mailbox to see if I could get you the quote but couldn't find the mail.
    We got a 3 seater couch cleaned and the carpet on the stairs and upstairs bedrooms cleaned the same day.
    We were really happy with their work. I can't remember what the charge was but we felt that it was good value.

Advertisement