Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Mine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I could imagine the fright it would give the thief (and others close by)!

I could also imagine the fright it might give to the paintwork.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I can also see said their getting compensated for perforated ear drums or something similar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wouldnt be taking it too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Hmm, interesting. I could use something like this to add on to my seat post harpoon idea. Might add a little stage magic showbiz pizzazz to firing a barbed spike at a bicycle thief's buttocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

check_six wrote: »
    my seat post harpoon idea.

I think you'll find that your seatpost harpoon is a derivative work and any royalties accruing will be vigorously contested with my prior patent for the seatpost shiv, less complex and without the tethering line and hook I would argue that, with its automated resetting system, it can eliminate multiple thieves without the need to remove the previous miscreant's carcass.

• Advertisement

I just find the aesthetic of some hoojah bike thief having to drag the bike behind them whilst they limp, shriek, and wail their way to unsympathetic medical attention adds a whole unexplored nouveau-realism artistic dimension that simply stabbing them in the arse with a rusty shank lacks.

Both are good systems, no doubt, but art trumps function in this case I fear!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as a concept, the idea is stupid anyway; an alarm lasting a fraction of a second is of limited use.
    if it severed the chainstays in the explosion, it may do a better job of the thief making off with your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I think the exploding air bag seat is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Version II should be a concealed in the seat post version.
    When a thief rides off, it sets off a shotgun cartridge and sends pellets up thru the saddle!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    When a thief rides off, it sets off a shotgun cartridge and sends pellets up thru the saddle!

Ah here! A shotgun shell? There's no magic there! It's gotta be a harpoon. (An appy webby CO2 actuated harpoon, no less!). Even Skyrnesaver's seatpost shiv had more of sense of delight and wonder than a bloody shotgun shell!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how about an invention of a key operated bolt in the headset which which renders the steering useless, without the key?
    would mean any thief getting through the lock would not be able to cycle the bike away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

how about an invention of a key operated bolt in the headset which which renders the steering useless, without the key?
    would mean any thief getting through the lock would not be able to cycle the bike away.

And then it stabs them in the arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Can't beat a rope tied to the bike leave unlocked and see them crack their nuts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Some good variations here

https://www.facebook.com/twinztv/

Also alot of other ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

07Lapierre wrote: »

Version III with Automatic Arse Recognition so it doesnt go off with the wrong passenger should the owner forget to disable it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Daroxtar wrote: »

I was going to post them then I realised they were tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

godtabh wrote: »
    I was going to post them then I realised they were tossers.
    Utter tossers. Not much sympathy for the victims though

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Utter tossers. Not much sympathy for the victims though

Not exactly victims. They are as bad as each other

Advertisement