Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could the pill have been neutralised?

• 13-12-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi all!

So long story short and to the point.

My gf and I had sex at around 3pm on Sunday. My gf took her pill at 7 the same day and then due to unforeseen circumstances she
    ended up in A&E (I know it sound ridiculous but it was not sex related :D ). On Monday at 1pm she received penicillin due to having an increased number of white blood cells in her blood.

It was the last day of her pill and she is due to have her period on Thursday/Friday.

Could the pill have been neutralised due to penicillin? The pill she takes is called Ovarena.

Thanks for help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Not medical advice: Here's the leaflet. Read it
    Antibiotics (such as ampicillin, tetracycline).
    If you are taking any of these antibiotics in the short term, you will
    also need to use an extra method of contraception (condoms,
    diaphragm or foam) while you are taking the other medicine and
    for 7 days after you stop taking it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Read the charter
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055702312
    First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
    If you want medical advice go to your GP.

Plenty of medical sites out there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement