Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you find difficult that should be really easy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭RonFan

Getting laid. Although that's only proposed to be easy for the average man because of the myth that marriage is unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can't eat off a plate on my lap - I have to sit at the table - I just can't manage to eat in front of the telly even if I really want to watch something. The best I can do is put a little table in front of the sofa and put my plate on that but that doesn't really work well either.
    I also can't manage to eat an egg from it's shell in an egg cup - I put it in a cup like a toddler!

I love egg in a cup. I'm going to make one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Resealable anything

I start opening it and immediately the whole side is gone off the bag of pasta, or crisps, or whatever

Try resealing that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Packing the dishwasher. I always make a hames of it. There'd always be a few dishes or plates left on the counter that I couldn't fit and the misses always manages to make them fit somehow. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

The Sums :( If I left to own devices I'm grand I can do the simple sums but ask me to do sums complete mental block
    Being quiet. I'm very loud and can't be quiet.

Also going out on late nights it takes me days to recover from the tiredness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I love egg in a cup. I'm going to make one now.

They're lovely with a slice of toast alright:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I can't dance without feeling like an idiot, regardless of how drunk I am. It just feels like a very strange thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can't dance without feeling like an idiot, regardless of how drunk I am. It just feels like a very strange thing to do.

Same as that, I bloody hate dancing.

No matter how much I concentrate or just let it flow, I find it really difficult to write two letters very similarly. Like I can write quickly and accurately no problem, but the same letters end up different sizes, words at different angles, spacing all over the shop, its mental. Same goes for numbers. I have gotten better if I write so that the letters are at a 60-70 degree angle instead of straight, it actually comes out fantastic I just keep forgetting to twist the page.

I'm also a bit of a lightweight, I have a fair amount of body mass but would get drunk after about 4 cans of cider. I can hold a lot so could drink 10-12 cans fairly okay but I'm well past tipsy after number 4 most of the time.

I can't roll tobacco properly either, always end up rolling conical joint looking things, or have enough tobacco for two cigarettes in one skin, along with the general torn skins, loose filters or worst of all, gappy fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 seaniemammy

I can't do anything that'she backwards, eg I can reverse a car but only very simple manoeuvres that don't require working anything out. I could never put kids'shoes on if they were facing me, had to be same direction. My head literally spins if I try to work anything like that out. Oh and a map has to face the direction of travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭CPTM

trixychic wrote:
    I can't get my head around the elevator buttons. Not the ones on the inside... the ones in the lobby.

Press the direction you'd like to go and forget about any other variable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

properly decorate the bloody christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭zeroliner

Can't peel spuds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When someone says something like "show me your right hand" it literally feels like time stands still for about ten seconds while my brain quickly scrambles to discern my right from my left

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Putting in and taking out contact lenses.

Would love to be able to wear them but just cannot get used to essentially sticking something in my eye and then pinching it out.
    Here's an easy method for removing them:

I used to have a hell of a time getting the buggers out, but this way works brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Einstein could not tie his own shoe laces

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Stephen Hawking?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

And when to use 'being' rather then 'been'.
    And 'then' or 'than'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Here's an easy method for removing them:

I used to have a hell of a time getting the buggers out, but this way works brilliantly.

ha that's clever

I gave up on lenses solely because I couldn't get the f(kers out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Winterlong wrote: »
    And 'then' or 'than'.

ah come on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

lawred2 wrote: »
    ah come on

I am been deadlier then serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can't boil an egg the way I like it, yolk still soft enough to dip toast into but not runny. I google methods, I set timers but I end up with an undercooked or an overcooked egg:(

get a good nights rest, just not something I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Thanks for all the replies made me laugh out loud a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Speaking to an audience.

answering a pointed question without stuttering :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Open doors. If the key has to be twiddled or there's a way of moving the handle to disengage the lock or it just needs a good shove 'just so' and then you yank it..I can't do it and someone always has to do it for me.

I have to be careful with that. I've broken doorframes, car keys.....

I can't remember names either. Or convince anyone that I'm telling the truth, despite an excellent track record of not lying to people and warning them about [INSERT OBVIOUS THING THAT IS HAPPENING]. I think it's just my stupid face. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

:pac: Yes I'm a bit like that too. I called a child a young gentleman recently.

I went to do a girls nails last week and her little sister was there chatting away to us. She had a speech impediment and was very small, so I asked was she in junior infants......she was in 3rd class :o she was 9 and I thought she was 5. I was morto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

And 'then' or 'than'.

I passed by your comment and to respond. This may not help you, but anyway

You use "being" when describing a current state of behaviour. Example: "I'm being good" "He's being sick" "Are we all being quiet?" Etc. Note it's in the present (now) tense, and it's generally a state of behaviour/mood.

"Been" on the other hand refers completely to the past tense of to be, and can refer to both a state and place.
    "I've been there before" "I've been in Turkey"
    "I've been sick the last few days" "he's been good this year" - again past tense and can refer to either a state or a place.

Then and than: the most simple way for me to explain the difference is think of a maths equation where x amount is greater THAN x. Than generally refers to a comparison of two objects. Example: "My son was taller than me"
    "My brother is older than me". A comparison of two or more things were one has a greater value. "He was a greater man than I" etc.

Then, on the other hand refers to an event and usually is used in place of suddenly. "Then, he slapped her across the face" (Suddenly could be used here but suddenly creates a slightly more dramatic effect* whereas then creates a smoother transition). "He then walked into the shop".

However you would say "He then become bigger than the other man" (the first then suggests a change of events, the second different than refers to the fact he has become bigger in relation to the other man). "It was then he became a boxer"
    "When he held his son, he knew then (event) his life would change"

Does that make sense, I'm not great at explaining things (one thing I can't do right) haha

*Effect and Affect always confuse me though I've looked up definitions numerous times! Ugh!

Also sometimes when driving I forget the right direction to steer the wheel in when reversing (not sure how it's possible) and also when put on the spot for simple sums and my left and right, which might explain the reversing. :)

razorblunt wrote: »
    Typing "select" at the start of an SQL command. The amount of times the below happens

seelct seelc seel see se .... select FAWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKK and breathe ... select

We have a sql autofill thing for sql server.
    ssf + tab = select * from
    It's magical
    PandaPoo wrote: »
    I went to do a girls nails last week and her little sister was there chatting away to us. She had a speech impediment and was very small, so I asked was she in junior infants......she was in 3rd class :o she was 9 and I thought she was 5. I was morto.
    I got asked once how the junior cert was going when I was in 3rd year college
    HTH :p

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Running...
    I'm a relatively fit person, do lots of swimming, used to do lots of hiking and cycling, but annoyingly I can't run without doing myself an injury. Its because of my extremely high insteps and narrow ankles.

I'll be grand for the first three strides, then its just a matter of how many strides before one ankle twists. Then a hop, skip and stop. Or if I'm not lucky, fall on my face.

My P.E. teacher at school was NOT kind to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

bluewolf wrote: »
    We have a sql autofill thing for sql server.
    ssf + tab = select * from
    It's magical

Shut up and take my money!

I'm going to try that on Monday, annoyingly my SQL Server will give you autofill suggestions for tables every now and then, but never, everwhen you're looking for a new table for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Meeting new people and having a good time.

OH Xmas party tonight. Have to meet 15 new people...oh god...Don't want to be awkward but I will be. Oh and free bar? Oh hell's yes... Maybe I'll be so drunk. I just won't remember what happened.
    With luck!

razorblunt wrote: »
    Shut up and take my money!

I'm going to try that on Monday, annoyingly my SQL Server will give you autofill suggestions for tables every now and then, but never, everwhen you're looking for a new table for the first time.
    :D
    I think it's sql complete

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Clicking my fingers
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went kayaking with friends a while ago: no trouble getting in, or with the kayaking itself (on a river in Florida), but when it came to getting out of the kayak... it took me 5 minutes to climb out on to the dock. All the time, it felt like the slightest movement by me would send the kayak shooting off in one direction and me in to the drink. There was a Sloth watching from a tree, going "get a bloody move on". :o

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

getting the pillow just right.

can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Just realised another one...Wrapping presents. I'm simply awful at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can't cut a straight line with scissors, even if cutting along a line that is drawn on paper. A jagged mess every time.

turning off the electronics and going asleep - haven't mastered the skill :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Im rubbish at Attempted Murder
    I always end up killing the poor blighter.

I can't blow my nose without hurting my ears.

• Advertisement

online chat, not good at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why does everyone hate cooking so much :(

I can't use any voice activated devices. Satnav, gopro and those new Amazon speakers. They can't understand my bogger accent and I just end up shouting at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I can't use any voice activated devices. Satnav, gopro and those new Amazon speakers. They can't understand my bogger accent and I just end up shouting at them.

Count your blessings it hasn't been installed in lifts yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

Adult - I don't do it very well sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Feign interest in things or people.
    I end up just not talking much, sometimes looking away. I catch myself doing it because it probably seems like I'm really rude but I don't mean to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Money management. I've a Finance and Accounting degree and worked in the Financial Sector all my working life and still cannot make a paypacket last a month. The last week I tore into the account where I had money siphoned of to pay the Revenue justifying it with 'Ah sure It's Christmas'.

I'm the worst with money, the absolute worst. FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Doing things fast, like peeling spuds or chopping veg, little everyday tasks. I'm just like a freaking sloth at everything. I'm not even relaxed at doing things, I.m.j.u.s.t.s.l.o.w...

Actually, I'm fast at typing, only thing I can do fast.

Can't do maths either.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Froshtbit

And 'then' or 'than'.

Easy as pie. 'Being' is the continous form of 'be' so if you use 'am,is,are' then it's 'being'. Eg: He is being difficult.

'Been' is called the past participle of 'be' and it's used when we use 'have' in the place of 'is'. Eg: He has been difficult.

Than is used for comparisons and with prefer / rather.

EG: I'm taller than my brother. Id rather / prefer this than that,

Then is used to how sequence in events. Eg: Let's go for a coffee then to the cinema.

For all of you people who struggle with left and right; put your hands up, palms facing away. Look at your thumb and index finger. On your left hand, you'll see they form an L. L for left. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I'm really bad at following instructions. If someone shows me a sequence of things to follow or explains something to me that I need to carry out I tend to get confused and fuzzy headed... it's a bit worrying

Advertisement