Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed shocking again in Blarney, Cork

Options
  • 13-12-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

And again...... Tonight we can only get 0.2 Mbps , this is happening at least once a week for hours at a time. Ring the technical support each time - yes we are aware there is an issue in the Cork area -what is the issue- this is happening at least once a week and seems to be a more fundamental issue. Eir are unable to provide the service I am paying for.
    Could a rep explain to me why we are having problems at least once a week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

+1, can't even run speedtests in the Ovens area it just times out.. 

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

Danger781 wrote: »
    +1, can't even run speedtests in the Ovens area it just times out.. 
    I'm in Macroom and have the same problem, speed going all over the place but generally unusable, been happening for the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭jos22

cork county too, Very slow, facebook is still loading after 10 mins

did a test and tried to set steam to download a game
    getting 3.5KB/s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 killardkaiser

In Blarney also, I remember this happening last week too. Eir better get their **** together, or else I'll have to give em the boot.
    EDIT: it has come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Seems fine again.. I'd understand this if there was a fault somewhere but the fact it's working again obviously means it's something else..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Seems fine again.. I'd understand this if there was a fault somewhere but the fact it's working again obviously means it's something else..
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Danger781,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have contacted our technical team & they have advised there are no reported issues in Cork. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Danger781,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have contacted our technical team & they have advised there are no reported issues in Cork. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

I'm in Cork and I reported a fault yesterday. My telephone line keeps dropping out intermittently. I'm getting disconnected from the internet, no dial tone on the landline and my phone watch alarm keeps beeping because of a communication failure. And judging by a couple of the threads on this forum there are several people in Cork who are having issues with broadband and have reported it. I was initially offered a replacement modem - that is until I pointed out that I'd only just had my modem replaced 5 weeks ago. For a communications company there doesn't seem to be much communication between departments. I can't wait until my contract is up - I'm off to a new provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

I'm in Cork and I reported a fault yesterday. My telephone line keeps dropping out intermittently. I'm getting disconnected from the internet, no dial tone on the landline and my phone watch alarm keeps beeping because of a communication failure. And judging by a couple of the threads on this forum there are several people in Cork who are having issues with broadband and have reported it. I was initially offered a replacement modem - that is until I pointed out that I'd only just had my modem replaced 5 weeks ago. For a communications company there doesn't seem to be much communication between departments. I can't wait until my contract is up - I'm off to a new provider.

I will also be looking for a new provider- 'no reported issues' - Eir -you are having a laugh. Look at this forum and also eir's own forum. There are a litany of issues every week all over cork

Advertisement