Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged Ninja 250r

• 14-12-2016 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13

Got into a serious enough accident recently where the bike I was on was pretty much totalled, damage includes: Bent forks, broken radiator, warped wheel, smashed front end (headlights and dash). Looking around on parts online, the price to fix could be much more than a grand. Since that is the visible damage and much more could be at play, I'd rather not fix the bike.
    I am wondering what my options are, whether to scrap it, or sell it on for parts. Any relevant advice would be great. In Cork city area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Got into a serious enough accident recently where the bike I was on was pretty much totalled, damage includes: Bent forks, broken radiator, warped wheel, smashed front end (headlights and dash). Looking around on parts online, the price to fix could be much more than a grand. Since that is the visible damage and much more could be at play, I'd rather not fix the bike.
    I am wondering what my options are, whether to scrap it, or sell it on for parts. Any relevant advice would be great. In Cork city area.

Glad that you're okay! Sounds rough.

You could sell it to a breaker, or else sell the parts individually on e-bay and sites like it (adverts.ie).

Have a ninja 250 myself. Let me know whatever you do, I may need parts :) ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was the accident your fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 killardkaiser

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Was the accident your fault?
    No, it was later found out that I collided with a car that pulled out infront of me on a main road, but so far his insurance isn't paying up and it has to go through the courts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if you are not at fault then wait for an insurance assessor to look at the bike if they haven't done so already.. then you can work out if it's worth buying back the bike and parting it out. just a case of having someone do a rough list of what parts are on it and in saleable condition. happens all the time

sorry to hear about the accident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

No, it was later found out that I collided with a car that pulled out infront of me on a main road, but so far his insurance isn't paying up and it has to go through the courts.

Get yourself a loss adjuster. Everyday that the insurance company stalls is another day of charges to them. Every day without a bike, paying tax/insurance. All the gear that needs to be replaced. Taxis to get to locations. As the costs start rising, their attitude will change quickly.

Assuming the other driver was in the wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭paddydone1

What year is it

Advertisement