Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I insist on refund for undelivered order

Options
  • 14-12-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I placed an order with Amazon 3 weeks ago for Christmas presents and they still haven't arrived. I've been in contact with Amazon a few times and they keep saying to give it more time due to the time of year. They replied to me again today saying they've been in contact with the carrier (An Post) and requested delivery by Thursday. If it doesn't come by Thursday I'm supposed to contact them again and they'll organise a replacement.

I'm really concerned now that they won't arrive in time for Christmas. If the package doesn't come by Thursday can I insist on a refund so that I can go and purchase elsewhere, or do I have to accept the replacement option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon or Amazon Marketplace? Amazon CS is amazing, Marketplace is more like ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

ED E wrote: »
    Amazon or Amazon Marketplace? Amazon CS is amazing, Marketplace is more like ebay.

Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What was the delivery date on the items? The law is 30 days from when the items where despatched so you can't really ask for a refund yet. Its still 2 weeks to Christmas so I wouldn't panic quite yet it's only 2 more days they've asked you to wait.

What was the delivery date on the items? The law is 30 days from when the items where despatched so you can't really ask for a refund yet. Its still 2 weeks to Christmas so I wouldn't panic quite yet it's only 2 more days they've asked you to wait.

The expected delivery date was 28th November. I don't have a problem waiting the 2 more days but I'm worried about what happens then if it doesn't arrive. Realistically the replacement order won't go through until Friday. I then have 1 week for the package to be dispatched and delivered. It's cutting it a bit too close for my liking.

Sorry I meant if it doesn't arrive on Thursday ask for a refund. It's still less than 30 days though but I think if they are offering a replacement that's accepting it's gone missing.

If Amazon are definitely the supplier there shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement

It's still less than 30 days though but I think if they are offering a replacement that's accepting it's gone missing.

I hadn't thought of it that way. If they do accept it's gone missing, maybe they'd be willing to refund. Hopefully it will arrive by Thursday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

Had a similar problem with them recently and found their customer service excellent. Week past "expected delivery date" I contacted them to say it hadn't arrived. They asked I wait a few more days, no problem, didn't arrive, contacted them again, replacement ordered immediately with free Priority delivery, that was on a Saturday, goods arrived Tuesday. Plenty of time for them to resolve your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If they place a replacement order for you they will probably give you a faster delivery option, might be UPS, DHL, etc so should be faster.

If you test placing an order for that same item today, selecting a faster delivery option what's the date? I would be worried now with xmas even UPS, DHL could be slower than normally.

nava wrote: »
    If they place a replacement order for you they will probably give you a faster delivery option, might be UPS, DHL, etc so should be faster.

If you test placing an order for that same item today, selecting a faster delivery option what's the date? I would be worried now with xmas even UPS, DHL could be slower than normally.

Just tried placing the order again. One of the items is out of stock. The other 3 are coming up with estimated delivery the 19th-28th December using the fastest shipping option. Not looking good for replacement as an option. Didn't arrive in the post this morning, so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Just tried placing the order again. One of the items is out of stock. The other 3 are coming up with estimated delivery the 19th-28th December using the fastest shipping option. Not looking good for replacement as an option. Didn't arrive in the post this morning, so fingers crossed for tomorrow!

One being out of stock is good for you as they will have to refund if it doesn't arrive tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You have much better rights when shopping online and can return goods for whatever reason and get a refund. Just be careful with the packaging. But hopefully you will get your stuff in time. Amazon deliveries often take some time.

Advertisement