Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl 12 days of Christmas

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Satriale wrote: »
    Not impressed with them this year either. Prices are creeping up and their XXL offers are often more expensive than the standard. I've borrowed the sisters Dunnes card and 20% till voucher a couple of times already stocking up for Christmas and the Mrs has those Tesco vouchers so its looking like i mightnt make it to Lidl at all this Christmas.

You don't need your sister's Dunnes ValueClub card to use her Shop & Save voucher - the vouchers aren't linked to specific cards.

If you don't already have your own ValueClub card, I'd seriously recommend signing up as every now and again, they tend to mail out Shop & Save vouchers to irregular shoppers. Same applies to Tesco and SuperValu loyalty schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tiesto10

Not a fan of whiskey😥 how can I find out wots on offer Friday 16th ?? Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Tiesto10 wrote: »
    Not a fan of whiskey😥 how can I find out wots on offer Friday 16th ?? Please

Ask on Thursday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

If it was Jameson or their own stuff (Dundalgan I think it's called) I'd be all over this offer, bushmills though I think I'll be passing on

If it was Jameson or their own stuff (Dundalgan I think it's called) I'd be all over this offer, bushmills though I think I'll be passing on

Could make for a nice present though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing wrong with Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Does anyone have a link to where on their website they show those offers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I think they just update their homepage on the website each day.

I was lucky to get the Santas yesterday - apparently in many stores the offers were sold out immediately. They've introduced quotas of 3 per customer now, I believe, so hopefully that will help.

I was lucky to get the Santas yesterday - apparently in many stores the offers were sold out immediately. They've introduced quotas of 3 per customer now, I believe, so hopefully that will help.

That was the case yesterday as well. But some posters here mentioned staff at checkout weren't too bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I think I would prefer €10/20 discount vouchers to this 12 days promotion :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

They always had. Just didn't enforce it.

Quackster wrote: »
    You don't need your sister's Dunnes ValueClub card to use her Shop & Save voucher - the vouchers aren't linked to specific cards.

If you're referring to the vouchers at the end of receipts correct

Vouchers you get in the post you do indeed need your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Just a heads up that Lidl have booklets in store that advertise their christmas ranges. There is an advent calender in the middle with an offer for each day. Today was 25% off beef wellington. Each window of calendar has a barcode to be used. Most are small things. Tomorrow is 50% off chocolate coins. On the 19th you get a free cookie.

They would show up on the front page. Ask them on social media, twitter or facebook they'll give you the information there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Read some of those comments on fb... Jesus some people take it so personal, its fecking crisps and m&ms! Its junk food! I always assumed christmas was about quality food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

annie.t wrote: »
    Read some of those comments on fb... Jesus some people take it so personal, its fecking crisps and m&ms! Its junk food! I always assumed christmas was about quality food

I'll find you, and when I do ..........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

I'll find you, and when I do ..........................

Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

I installed their app the other day. This morning I got a notification of 70cl Bushmills on offer at €16.99. I nipped around at lunchtime and picked up a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stephen9090

Anyone know what deals are on for the next 11 days?

The staff in the lidl stores only find out in the morning to pack it out before the store opens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Deluxe Beef wellington reduced from €8.99 to €5.99 for tomorrow's offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

These offers are going downhill fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Janecreavin03

Any idea of what day 4 deal is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Any idea of what day 4 deal is?

Welcome to boards. Your post number is 76, try reading post number 74, just one page back;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother strolled into my local Lidl on Wednesday and had no issues getting the M&M's selection boxes at about 1pm and she said their was loads left on the shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Two beef Wellies. Was €9 now €6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Haven't read all posts....but was in lidl when the 2 euro tayto wad ongoing. Saw people with loads of boxes so smelt a deal..all gone by 11am. Got update off lidl app at 5pm......today in aldi saw Bushmills for 16.99 down from 21.99 or 22.99..so seems to match lidl

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Obviously today's deal wasn't very good, no queue outside local Lidl at 07.50 when I was passing :D (perhaps a bit early, there's usually a few eager beavers there a few minutes before they open)

miamee wrote: »
    Obviously today's deal wasn't very good, no queue outside local Lidl at 07.50 when I was passing :D (perhaps a bit early, there's usually a few eager beavers there a few minutes before they open)

I really don't see how those beef wellingtons could be appealing even at a reduced price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭Nollog

miamee wrote: »

They were 25% off yesterday with their advent calendar coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Just had a look at Lidl's Facebook page and found the following:

Tell people what you think

· 6 December 2016
    On a recent trip to my local store, an elderly lady was in front of me in the queue at the checkout with about 6-7 items on the belt. When it was her turn, the cashier started to scan the lady's goods before she had reached the end of the check out. As she proceeded to put her items into her bag, the cashier appeared to get annoyed and actually released a loud tut & an even louder sigh. The elderly lady was visibly upset and apologised to both the cashier & myself for the delay. I reassured her that there was no panic and to take her time. The cashier gave her the total of her goods and slammed the till closed after handing back the lady's change. The cashier proceeded to scan my goods at speed before the lady had even put her change away. Then the cashier received a call on her headset and clearly was in a heated discussion with whoever was in the other end. As I had waited until the lady left the area to move down with my trolley, a large amount of my goods had built up and I proceeded to put them into the trolley. Before I had gotten half way through, the cashier announced my total. I paid and despite holding my hand out for my change, it was "dropped" onto the checkout among my remaining shopping. The cashier then proceeded to scan the next customers goods before mine were packed.
    I use the local Lidl store regularly and up to now I always thought the customer service was good, at times great. This has totally put me off.

· 14 December 2016
    Went to get some m&m selection boxes @9am and all sold out! Why promote these offers so much and not have sufficient stock in for customers. Glasnevin store only received 2 of the cardboard stands of the m&m selection boxes today and 1 pallet of the crisps yesterday. I certainly won't be going back to Lidl to get anymore offers as this is a scam to get customers into your store. I left annoyed today and on principal won't be purchasing any of my shopping from you and the same was said for a number of customers there this morning. Another point is I actually felt sorry for the staff as customers were venting their anger at them and it's wasn't their fault but they probably had to put up with this for the rest of the day!

· 25 November 2016
    Lidl your Black Friday Sale is a Fraud!!

4 x laptops for sale.
    Went to Ballycullen Store in Knocklyon
    one person allowed to buy two laptops.
    there were 4 for sale. (Other two sold by ticket lottery from pre-store opening)

4 x 32 inch Samsung TV;'s for sale. (All sold before the shop even opens)
    tickets handed out to people queuing since 6.30 am.
    (Who went back to and and came back to the store at 8.15 am)
    2 x 40 inch Televisions one sold to a guy behind me in the Que, so now ticket system is redundant and all of a sudden its a free for all.
    This is so unfair, cloak and dagger dark ages advertising, not equitable, for people, and huge e-mail I received yesterday is false advertising.
    Please do not send me an advertisement e-mail ever again LIDL.
    Please remove me from your mailing list, you have lost me as a customer.

· 12 December 2016
    I bought my son an engraver for his birthday and it was already opened and broke (nice) so spoke to the manger as I had lost the recept but had proof off my ban...

· 10 December 2016
    We just came back from Lidl in Ennis. Where did had Santa experience free of charge my boys who are 9 and 6 loved it. The staff were so friendly and even offere... See more

· 8 December 2016
    Absolutely shocking service this morning went to my local store to purchase some of the selfie phone covers was at the door at 7.50 got in went straight to the covers I was the only one getting them they had 20 of them I was goin through them to get the ones I wanted when the store manager rudely leaned in over me taking 7 of the covers and walking awaking into her office !! Surly she can't purchase when she is working ?? Can she Lidl ?

· 18 hours ago
    Just back from the new store in tallaght village and it's amazing!! I would usually only shop in Aldi but definitely will be changing to here from now on!! Was ... See more

· 14 December 2016
    The so called special offers are gone before the shop is even open! It's a joke! Went in today to get the special at 9.15 am and everything was gone! How people who work or have children in school can possibly get anything?????? It's joke. Whoever did the logistics of this offer is a moron!

· 18 hours ago
    We visted our local lidli today to visit santa I must say they out done themselves it was just brillrent I have never seen any other store but something so magical on for there local shopers or just local people was just brillrent my kids enjoyed ever minute and workers were just so frinedly so thumbs up :)
    Ingrid Ni Raghallaigh
    · 10 December 2016
    My dad won your trolley dash, and we did it today in your cork street dublin 8 store, the staff couldn't of been any nicer. We had a fantastic time all thanks ... See more

· 12 December 2016
    Hi there... I've just received my telephone bill in for November..... And yes there was a Lidl competition on the 11th of November on Facebook..... Probably a s... See more

· 14 December 2016
    I've never had any problems in my local lidil in tallaght village and Der is one particular lady on the tills always has time to say a lil hello to the children as well as their parents etc always very helpful to customers ill look forward to shopping 🛍 in the new concept store ️�

· 30 November 2016
    A very regular customer of your Lidl store in charleville after 2 days in a row of a very bad experience with your staff I'll be taking my daily and weekly shop somewhere else shocking customer service

· 25 November 2016
    Thought the security guy in particular and the staff were really helpful and nice in the Moore st shop. Ticket system worked in that shop anyway. Thanks. Great deal got.

· about an hour ago
    The parking fiasco at your Tallaght store is ridiculous! I have circled the car park numerous times and have had to leave. Large parking areas are being blocked off by your car park attendants. I have never had a parking issue before.

· 11 December 2016
    Why did lidl change there baby wipes - to a smaller pack obviously for less money - but the other ones where great - great value for money- don't like the new ones at all - very annoyed

· 13 December 2016
    Really think ye shud have a limit on special offers of the 12 days,one customer buying all the boxes of taytos and not leaving anyone else get a chance is very unfair.

· 13 December 2016
    I called into Lidl Clondalkin on Sunday after trying several Lidl stores for a particular item. The staff were so lovely, even the Security gentleman helped ☺ I left with the elusive item and an awful lot more than I had expected ☺ We'll done ☺

· 27 November 2016
    Advertised a promotional item (Cushelle) and I went to buy not available. Didn't receive enough on delivery. Why put on promotions if you can not fulfil the dem... See more

· 1 December 2016
    A member of staff took my bank card out of your safe and took it home with them as confirmed by your manager in Dundrum. I'm still awaiting a call but Joe Duffy Liveline have now been informed

Wonder will Lidl listen?

• Advertisement

A link would've been good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

There Share more Special Moments have the vouchers for the 12 days of Xmas 17TH is Favorina chocolate gingerbread shapes 33 percent off tear off the voucher get the goods.///

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Tomorows deal anyone??

Tomorows deal anyone??

20 pack box of Tayto €14.00, I'm assured there'll be tonnes of stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

vicwatson wrote: »
    20 pack box of Tayto €14.00, I'm assured there'll be tonnes of stock

Er.... no thanks.

Day one (Dec. 13th) : Tayto Box (20 packs 25g) only 1.99

Sorry everyone I'm not able to edit the OP since yesterday I'm not sure what's happened. I've PMd one of the mods here to see if they can see any issue if it goes past that I'll post in help desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just post as normal while waiting for the mods to update?

Lobster tails 8e.. Champagne 15e

LIDL you've lost it...what could have been. Hasn't .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sorry everyone I'm not able to edit the OP since yesterday I'm not sure what's happened. I've PMd one of the mods here to see if they can see any issue if it goes past that I'll post in help desk.

You can only edit your post for a limited time (which you've probably now passed) hence why you can't edit anymore.

• Advertisement

You aren't allowed edit a post after, I think, 2 days

Ahh. I had no idea of that. Oops. The plan was to add new deals into the OP to make it easier than trying to find the right post with it for that day but never mind!

Pfft lobsters tails and champagne what are we the king of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Ahh. I had no idea of that. Oops. The plan was to add new deals into the OP to make it easier than trying to find the right post with it for that day but never mind!

Pfft lobsters tails and champagne what are we the king of England.

i loikes a bit o bubbly meself

BoatMad wrote: »
    i loikes a bit o bubbly meself

Hey everyone it's the king of England let's get him!

Could make for a nice present though!

Unlike most years I'm ahead of the game regards Christmas presents but yes that's true

Pavlova 1.99 and New York style cheesecake 2.49 for tomorrow's offers.. not worth the effort I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Not 12 deals of Christmas but the frozen lobster is 3.49( I think ) from Monday, cheaper than today's lobster tails

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

The normal Saturday deals aren't bad half price salmon in pastry and also deluxe sorbet in different flavours.

They were available on Friday as well. Only lemon sorbet left by the time I got there

Anybody know what tomorrow's deals are? The app is being a bit sketchy

Anybody know what tomorrow's deals are? The app is being a bit sketchy

3 posts up:D

vicwatson wrote: »
    3 posts up:D

Those were Sundays. And the post after that are not part of the 12 deals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement