Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapha Festive 500 Challenge.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

halvis wrote: »
    Well done lads, impressive. A great week for it, but still tough I bet.

Fine weather helps alot and I'm sure if it wasn't so good I'd be passing on it.

This is my first attempt at it so I'm quite chuffed to do it in 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Got another 80km in today so roughly 190 to go. Its doable but I just hope the weather holds out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well done lads. Bloody gutted I couldn't do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Planet X wrote: »
    151k today...up NCD for a change, nice peachy roads compared to the back lanes I was on in Kildare.
    "Yizzer have it easy up there" :)

https://www.strava.com/activities/813845498....
    :confused: According to your Strava route, you weren't anywhere near NCD! :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah well......loosely, across the river :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Completed the challenge today, 64km with an AVG of 30.9, felt good so used a little more gas than normal while trying out some big ring climbing on small digs.

Going to take a while day off now and the 2017 journey begins on New Years Day....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Festive 500 me hole. 70k Stephens Day and laid up since with a sore throat.

Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Just back from spin. This was in doubt to the end, but I did it.
    512 kms in total with 3,500 metres of climbing at an average speed of 28.3kph.
    Day off tomorrow, then Duleek Parish Spin on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Got to 373 with yesterday's effort but just couldn't get myself out of the bed this morning and with plans for the rest of the day I decided to just knock it on the head. Feels weird thaty cycling is done for the year but tomorrow is another year so off I go again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭sann

sann wrote:
    Day 2. 102k. Horrible. Headwind every way I turned and wasn't feeling 2 fresh from previous day. Will probably pull it back a bit tomorrow but well on track thankfully!!

sann wrote:
    Day 1 . 109k. Nice conditions. New set of Zondas so I had an extra bit of motivation to get out on the bike.

sann wrote:
    Day 2. 102k. Horrible. Headwind every way I turned and wasn't feeling 2 fresh from previous day. Will probably pull it back a bit tomorrow but well on track thankfully!!

sann wrote:
    Day 1 . 109k. Nice conditions. New set of Zondas so I had an extra bit of motivation to get out on the bike.

Day 3 was another 102k. That was Thursday.
    Knew I was leaving myself with 180k left and only 2 days.
    Didn't manage to get out yesterday so I knew the game was up.
    Day 4 (Today) 105k.
    So that's a fail for me.
    No excuses bar pure and other laziness midweek.
    Ah well it's still 400 odd k in a week that I'm sure won't do any harm.
    Well done to all who completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Might as well finish this out, 104km today on the club spin took me to 617km for the challenge, got me over the 100,000M climbing for the year as well.
    Lovely day for the job, in a lovely part of the world.

https://www.strava.com/activities/816770845

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

nilhg wrote: »
    Might as well finish this out, 104km today on the club spin took me to 617km for the challenge, got me over the 100,000M climbing for the year as well.
    Lovely day for the job, in a lovely part of the world.

https://www.strava.com/activities/816770845

No work done I suppose?

Shame on you, best Xmas weather ever 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

ford2600 wrote: »
    No work done I suppose?

Shame on you, best Xmas weather ever 😀

Went hedgecutting yesterday, all the cyclists heading up Dunmurry Hill were giving me dirty looks so I decided to leave them in peace and go cycling myself today...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

nilhg wrote: »
    Went hedgecutting yesterday, all the cyclists heading up Dunmurry Hill were giving me dirty looks so I decided to leave them in peace and go cycling myself today...........

I always give hedge cutters a dirty look.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Advertisement