Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long shot but looking for approx. year house was built in Ballybane

Options
  • 14-12-2016 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

would anyone happen to remember when the houses in Clareview Park were built, specifically the houses that face onto the Castlepark rd, opposite the John Paul Center. I believe these were built after the main Clareview Park. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Pre 1986 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The Galway Advertiser archives from 1970 on are a brilliant resource.

Earliest mention of 'Clareview' is 1976.
    While you might not find exactly what you're looking for, it might help you narrow down the search.
    Worth a look.

http://archive.advertiser.ie/pages/search.php?search=clareview&Submit= Search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Was going to say early 1970s

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

The date that the house was built may be on the electricity meter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If there was double glazing, it may have a date in between the panes of glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

thanks guys, windows have been replaced but I checked the ESB meter and it says 1992 so we'll go with that. contacted council too and they said 2002 no way is that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

fifib wrote: »
    thanks guys, windows have been replaced but I checked the ESB meter and it says 1992 so we'll go with that. contacted council too and they said 2002 no way is that right.

As per planning 16 clareview which is across from John Paul centre, this application for change was in 1986, I imagine build date was not to long before

VDjpjLS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I had friends who as students rented in Clareview Park in 1982.

Advertisement