Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait time on a replacement credit card

Options
  • 14-12-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Got a text from Fraud services on Saturday and called them up. My credit card was compromised and a number of fraudulent purchases were put through in Germany and Italy. The card was disabled, the transactions blocked and as instructed, I cut the card up.

I was pretty shook because I'm quite careful in terms of online security and I haven't been done like this before.

The gentleman in fraud control said a replacement card would be issued but I didn't ask him how long that would take.

Any advice here? Can I expect a replacement card before Christmas?

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Got a text from Fraud services on Saturday and called them up. My credit card was compromised and a number of fraudulent purchases were put through in Germany and Italy. The card was disabled, the transactions blocked and as instructed, I cut the card up.

I was pretty shook because I'm quite careful in terms of online security and I haven't been done like this before.

The gentleman in fraud control said a replacement card would be issued but I didn't ask him how long that would take.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi Quad, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards and we're very sorry to hear that you've been a victim of fraud. 

A replacement card can take up to seven working days to arrive so you should receive this in the post by next week. 

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi Folks,

As discussed above, I got a scare last month when fraudulent purchases were put through my account. I spoke to customer services, the card was cancelled and a new one issued (which had the same expiry as the one it replaced - January 2017. Rampant inefficiency there lads!).

Anyway, in the end only one of the transactions Fraud Control told me about ended up on my credit card statement. And as of 10 January, there it still sits. Over a hundred quid on something called CK Internet Foto Services.

What's the story here? When is this going to be resolved and removed? Is there a timeline or a process? Do I need to call Fraud Control again?

Cheers,
    Quad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Folks,

As discussed above, I got a scare last month when fraudulent purchases were put through my account. I spoke to customer services, the card was cancelled and a new one issued (which had the same expiry as the one it replaced - January 2017. Rampant inefficiency there lads!).

Anyway, in the end only one of the transactions Fraud Control told me about ended up on my credit card statement. And as of 10 January, there it still sits. Over a hundred quid on something called CK Internet Foto Services.

What's the story here? When is this going to be resolved and removed? Is there a timeline or a process? Do I need to call Fraud Control again?

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi quad_red

Thanks for coming back to us. Please be assured as soon as our Fraud Team have an update for you, they will be in touch. 

Unfortunately with each fraud investigation,  it's difficult to give a time frame as to when it will be fully investigated. At times, we're relying on information from third parties to help with the query. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Hi Folks,

Cheers,
    Quad
    Hi Quad, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards and we're very sorry to hear that you've been a victim of fraud. 

A replacement card can take up to seven working days to arrive so you should receive this in the post by next week. 

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Sarah
    It used to be three days, how come it's gotten so much longer? My last one took 10 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It used to be three days, how come it's gotten so much longer? My last one took 10 working days

We'll this happened on 20 December. Fair enough, Christmas etc. But getting a bit antsy looking at it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement