Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old ESB bill

Options
  • 14-12-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭

Hi - I wonder if you can help me!

We are applying for planning permission to renovate a derelict property and as part of this, we need to provide proof of when the house was last occupied. We believe this to have been in the 1970s and there was an ESB connection. Is there any way that electric Ireland can provide proof of an account from so long ago? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi arctictree,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are unable to provide that information due to length of time that has passed. If the bill required was for a more recent period, we could certainly provide copies of bills to the named account holder.

We would suggest contacting ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 to see if they can provide you with any details pertaining to the supply. They may be able to advise you in relation to when the supply was connected. If you are unable to call, they also have a Twitter account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

Hi arctictree,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are unable to provide that information due to length of time that has passed. If the bill required was for a more recent period, we could certainly provide copies of bills to the named account holder.

We would suggest contacting ESB Networks on 1850 372 757 to see if they can provide you with any details pertaining to the supply. They may be able to advise you in relation to when the supply was connected. If you are unable to call, they also have a Twitter account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    Hi Aoife,

Thanks for getting back to me. We are also looking for an ESB bill for the year 2000. Do you know if you would have this or let me know the earliest that you can get a bill for?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi arctictree,

You are very welcome.

We can provide bills from 2000 to the named account holder at the time.

We will need you to provide us with the following information via private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number or Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) or RM serial number from the meter
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you were the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We will then be able to trace the account.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement