Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cables installed in new estate

Options
  • 14-12-2016 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi

I recently moved to a new estate. I tried to get broadband installed but the K&N engineer told me the main telephone/broadband cables have not been laid along our side of the road yet. They are laid across the road.

How can I get these cables pulled down from the junction box? I can find no contact details for Eircom Wholesale or Open Eir. 

Can you advise please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Utah wrote: »
    Hi

I recently moved to a new estate. I tried to get broadband installed but the K&N engineer told me the main telephone/broadband cables have not been laid along our side of the road yet. They are laid across the road.

How can I get these cables pulled down from the junction box? I can find no contact details for Eircom Wholesale or Open Eir. 

Can you advise please?

Thanks
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Utah,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Have you placed your order with eir?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Have you placed your order with eir?[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't. Would that be necessary to get the cables laid?
    Surely the whole road of houses will need phone cables so would they not be laid regardless?
    I'm just wondering how I get these laid? Or would signing up for an Eir package guarantee the cables being pulled down from the box at the top of the road?

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't. Would that be necessary to get the cables laid?
    Surely the whole road of houses will need phone cables so would they not be laid regardless?
    I'm just wondering how I get these laid?  Or would signing up for an Eir package guarantee the cables being pulled down from the box at the top of the road?

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]An order would need to be placed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Utah for these works to be completed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can place an order with any provider & a technician will come out & request a site survey if needed to arrange to have this work completed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]An order would need to be placed [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Utah for these works to be completed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can place an order with any provider & a technician will come out & request a site survey if needed to arrange to have this work completed.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

I spoke to 4 reps, they all guaranteed that an engineer would pull the cable if I was getting the broadband with Eir. I placed the order, waited two weeks and guess what? Engineer said he can't connect me as there's no cable on the road.

Why would 4 different Eir employees guarantee me something even when I told them there was no cable on the road?

Can you just please tell me how to get a cable laid with Open Eir or Eir Wholesale or whoever I need to talk to. There are 18 houses on the road, we will all need a phone line at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

Hi, 

I am going to join in with Utah here. This is insane. I placed my order for a line install before the break. Was told it would be the 3rd of Jan, took the day off, got a call on the 3rd to tell me it would be the 4th and between 9-5 (seriously guys in this day and age every other company can tell you a two hour window you need to get your act together) only to get a call in the morning to tell me the line hasn't been installed and can't be because there is no main line. This is literally a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing. How do we get lines installed? Are we expected to be billed for the time that we don't have a line with the hilarious-that-it-still-exists line rental? 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

I spoke to 4 reps,  they all guaranteed that an engineer would pull the cable if I was getting the broadband with Eir. I placed the order, waited two weeks and guess what? Engineer said he can't connect me as there's no cable on the road.

Why would 4 different Eir employees guarantee me something even when I told them there was no cable on the road?

Can you just please tell me how to get a cable laid with Open Eir or Eir Wholesale or whoever I need to talk to. There are 18 houses on the road, we will all need a phone line at some stage
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry you were advised otherwise [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Utah [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I will have this feedback passed on to the relevant teams. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me the order details & I will check the status of the order.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi Pamela,

I spoke to 4 reps,  they all guaranteed that an engineer would pull the cable if I was getting the broadband with Eir. I placed the order, waited two weeks and guess what? Engineer said he can't connect me as there's no cable on the road.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry you were advised otherwise [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Utah [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I will have this feedback passed on to the relevant teams. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me the order details & I will check the status of the order.[/font]

Hi Pamela

I am also on the same row. I am sorry to say it but simply passing feedback to the relevant teams falls far short of adequate. The question everyone is asking is can you provide us with the correct contact team we can approach about getting the cables laid?? 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

No order can be completed until the work on the road is carried out.
    Can you tell me how to get the work on the road carried out please?

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    A slightly more pertinent question as well. Will this cable be fibre enabled considering there is a fibre enabled cab 50 yards outside the estate?

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    Have you tried to place an order  Utah?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    A slightly more pertinent question as well. Will this cable be fibre enabled considering there is a fibre enabled cab 50 yards outside the estate?
    I would be unable to advise on this blue.jester without taking a look at your order.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I have an order placed as I mentioned. The engineer came out and cannot complete the order as there is no cable on the road.

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks
    I would be unable to advise on this blue.jester without taking a look at your order.

-Pamela 
    Well I am fairly sure I'm on the same road as Utah and Tootsie and the engineer called today saying he couldn't complete the order and that a similar event happened yesterday. What exactly is needed to tell me if the cable that needs to be laid before we can get lines installed is going back to the fibre cab a few feet away? My order number? 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 
    Well I am fairly sure I'm on the same road as Utah and Tootsie and the engineer called today saying he couldn't complete the order and that a similar event happened yesterday. What exactly is needed to tell me if the cable that needs to be laid before we can get lines installed is going back to the fibre cab a few feet away? My order number? 
    No problem blue.jester, can you PM me the order number & I'll check for an update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Yes I have an order placed as I mentioned. The engineer came out and cannot complete the order as there is no cable on the road.
    Can you PM me the order number  Utah & I'll check this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 
    No problem blue.jester, can you PM me the order number & I'll check for an update.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Sent you it there Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Pamela,

Thanks

-Pamela 

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    Thanks blue.jester,

-Pamela

Eir: Pamela - just looking for an update on the cable install. You said it was scheduled for Feb 1st, we're now at Feb 15th. Can you confirm if the cable was installed as I would like to get my broadband installed but don't feel like booking another day off work only for the KN Engineer to come out and not be able to do anything. 

Eir: Pamela - just looking for an update on the cable install. You said it was scheduled for Feb 1st, we're now at Feb 15th. Can you confirm if the cable was installed as I would like to get my broadband installed but don't feel like booking another day off work only for the KN Engineer to come out and not be able to do anything. 
    Hi  blue.jester,

I've contacted the openeir team and they have requested an update on this. As soon as they get in touch with me I will update you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hey, 
    Did OpenEir come back with a date? Any info at all? I'm an on-call systems engineer and this is now going to effect my job this weekend. I'd really rather not have to go down the ComReg route but I think the issue is dragging at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Interesting reading there. How is it a comm reg issue. Are eir obliged to provide coverage? 

Clearly their main fibre cable isnt ran to your road and this is the issue. It's not a matter of connecting cables. As a systems engineer you should know this and having an exchange at the end of the road dosent mean a whole lot if there's no ducting up your street. 

Plenty of homes throughout the country without fibre broad band so I'm curious as to the self entitled approach? 

Hardly a sense of entitlement. A question was asked concerning dates, which were promised, passed, and now new dates are being requested. If the estate could be told one way or the other way was going on alternate means could be looked into. It's the Limbo that is unacceptable.

Hey, 
    Did OpenEir come back with a date? Any info at all? I'm an on-call systems engineer and this is now going to effect my job this weekend. I'd really rather not have to go down the ComReg route but I think the issue is dragging at this stage.
    The forecasted date at the minute is 28/02/17  blue.jester I'm afraid. Unfortunately new builds will not be straightforward and the forecasted date may change.

-Pamela 

Hey, 
    The forecasted date at the minute is 28/02/17  blue.jester I'm afraid. Unfortunately new builds will not be straightforward and the forecasted date may change.

-Pamela 
    Thanks for the update Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hardly a sense of entitlement. A question was asked concerning dates, which were promised, passed, and now new dates are being requested. If the estate could be told one way or the other way was going on alternate means could be looked into. It's the Limbo that is unacceptable.
    To explain my self entitlement comment you're blaming them for affecting your work. I've yet to see an on call engineer without a mobile phone. 

I'm not an eir customer or in anyway associated with them BTW.  

Hey, 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

Is the cable install happening today as planned?

Thanks.

Any update on this?

Can I please get an update on the status of the cable installation in this estate and road???

• Advertisement

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Can I please get an update on the status of the cable installation in this estate and road???
    Can you PM me your full name and account number  Ms Tootsie & I'll check for an update on this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement