Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's getting American Gods, which has me tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

PaulieBeef wrote: »
    Has this improved at all in the last few months?

Yes, to be fair it has. Still not remotely close to Netflix, but better than when it launched

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yes, to be fair it has. Still not remotely close to Netflix, but better than when it launched

What's the situation with the whole Prime vs Prime Video subscription lark at the minute?

bit more colour on this. Movie selection isn't great, but their tv shows are good (and they appear to be adding to them all the time).

Both seasons of Man in the High Castle now (was just season 1 when Prime Video launched in Ireland). I've also watched Startup (excellent, well worth a look) plus Hand of God & Sneaky Pete (both decent).

Top Gear is on it too (haven't seen it myself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I signed up today to watch some of the Walking Dead, when I clicked on it, it said I could not access it due to licensing issues.

Turned out, I had to go on to the prime video website and change my location from UK to Ireland, sadly after I did this, the Walking Dead disappeared off the list of titles.

Have to say, the choice of TV shows/Movies is shocking, which is funny as I read above that this is an improvement of what was there before.

I definitely wont be continuing beyond my trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

1huge1 wrote: »
    I signed up today to watch some of the Walking Dead, when I clicked on it, it said I could not access it due to licensing issues.

Turned out, I had to go on to the prime video website and change my location from UK to Ireland, sadly after I did this, the Walking Dead disappeared off the list of titles.

Have to say, the choice of TV shows/Movies is shocking, which is funny as I read above that this is an improvement of what was there before.

The selection beyond a few decent series and particularly the movies is downright farcical especially considering the name behind it but for 3 quid a month for 6 months I'm paying it, handy if u don't see something on Netflix, defo not worth the 6 quid a month though unless it radically improves (sceptical). I have UK PS & Roku accounts so can watch full screen via my PS3 & 4 and ROKU's and it's just been added to my Samsung TV now too. If I could only watch on tablet or PC I'd never have bothered with it.

1huge1 wrote: »

Correct, it is better than it was. When it launched is was beyond a disgrace, it's improved to being just poor...

Yeah, being able to watch the Amazon Original shows is an improvement, because there was a ridiculous situation before where they weren't even available. I signed up for Prime essentially for Bosch + The Man in the High Castle, so I was raging I couldn't access those.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

Anyone know why Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 has episodes on Prime Video but you cannot play them? The Prime Video 'customer support' team are a bit confused on the issue but I am guessing it is some sort of rights/location issue?

However the Season 3 episodes are the only shows that cannot be played as far as I can see so why show them at all? When Man in the high Castle Season 2 was not available you could not see Season 2 so why is FTWD different? Again their 'customer support' were not very useful and could not answer this and could not give a date when Season 3 would be available as the dates are 'confidential'.

• Advertisement

Liverzeb wrote: »
    Anyone know why Fear the Walking Dead Season 3 has episodes on Prime Video but you cannot play them? The Prime Video 'customer support' team are a bit confused on the issue but I am guessing it is some sort of rights/location issue?

However the Season 3 episodes are the only shows that cannot be played as far as I can see so why show them at all? When Man in the high Castle Season 2 was not available you could not see Season 2 so why is FTWD different? Again their 'customer support' were not very useful and could not answer this and could not give a date when Season 3 would be available as the dates are 'confidential'.

If you check the UK site (via amazon.co.uk) it's an available to buy series so if it's not on the UK Prime it's very likely we won't have it, it's still airing in the US on AMC and on the BT only UK AMC channel (Episode 4 aired June 18th) so maybe Amazon will have the series on Primevideo once it's aired all Episodes (hope so anyway). In terms of why it's there at all on ireland most likely an error but I don't believe anyone has the rights here (I don't watch linear TV anymore so don't know for sure) so it isnt beyond the realms of possibly that Amazon could have the rights for its other territories including ireland and are trying to figure out what it all means but they're still a bit half baked so who knows.

Just getting through S1 now (waited for S2 to come on), they still haven't fixed the Subtitles/CC for non English portions of dialogue, Spanish in this case but there isn't much and it was painful in Mr Robot with the Danish scenes and I tried watching The Debt movie a few weeks ago and unless you know German it's unwatchable so another example of them still figuring it all out, I hope they get their sh1t together soon though, it's ok @ 2.99 but I'd not pay full wack....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Liverzeb

thanks - makes sense (their CS is less than helpful) could see them adding Season 3 when it finishes airing although they normally take a mid season break so it could be a while. Also having issues with the subtitles - finally worked for Ep 7 of American Gods and then the same subtitles showed up randomly in the next episode.

Strange question here, I signed up for the (Prime video) trial back in December and everything worked well. It was my understanding this would continue into a subscription. However it now appears that this has just expired and I'm no longer a member.

Also, the "Prime Video" weblink now just redirects to Amazon.co.uk

Anyone else experience the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LiamG

signed up for prime - I have a fire tv so was hoping to seamlessly integrate
    its an amazon.co.uk account
    seems to play prime music but not video for some reason
    keep getting 5505 error - content not available for my region

anyone know what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

LiamG wrote: »

anyone know what to do?

.co.uk prime Does not work in Ireland , think it’s international .com but not sure if that’s related to 5505

so if i set up a vpn would that solve it do you think?

• Advertisement

anyone know what to do?

You need to go to primevideo.com sign in with your Amazon account and then pick your video region as Ireland. You won't be able to play stuff in Ireland until you do that.

Thanks MJohnson

One small question please - sign in on my PC at home (which is on same IP as the firetv) or is there a primevideo app on the fire tv i need to sign in under?

Thanks

the catalogue of tv series and movies is slowly getting there , hateful eight has just been added as is x files and sons of anarchy seasons

Thanks MJohnson

One small question please - sign in on my PC at home (which is on same IP as the firetv) or is there a primevideo app on the fire tv i need to sign in under?

Thanks

On your PC in the browser, at least that's where I did it. Most of the apps don't have the function of setting the video region.

ok - will do
    i will let you know if it works!

• Advertisement

the really weird thing it they seemed to play on my pc!

Works on the PC but not on the fire tv - arggggg

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Is it possible to watch Amazon Prime content on a TV here?

I don't have a Smart TV and the Amazon Fire Stick doesn't ship here which I presume means that it won't it work here. Seems pretty flawed that this system doesn't allow for users to watch content on their TV screen.

Suzyq wrote: »

I don't have a Smart TV and the Amazon Fire Stick doesn't ship here which I presume means that it won't it work here. Seems pretty flawed that this system doesn't allow for users to watch content on their TV screen.

there is an app coming to apple tv other than that you need a smart tv

Suzyq wrote: »

I mean surprised the Fire Stick doesn't ship to Ireland, but just use Parcel Motel to get around that. I'm using the Prime Video app on my Xbox One to watch stuff on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Subscribed to Amazon prime this week, using an Android box connected to the TV for viewing.

MJohnston wrote: »
    I mean surprised the Fire Stick doesn't ship to Ireland, but just use Parcel Motel to get around that. I'm using the Prime Video app on my Xbox One to watch stuff on it.

I think that the reason the Fire Stick doesn't ship to Ireland is that it won't work here. There is someone else on this thread who says that his Fire TV doesn't work here.

I asked Amazon who answered:

Further, regarding the Fire TV Stick in Ireland, I'd like to inform you that, you cannot access this outside UK. This is the reason you are unable to access.

Clear as mud :-)

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Subscribed to Amazon prime this week, using an Android box connected to the TV for viewing.

Great thanks, I'll look into that!

Suzyq wrote:
    Great thanks, I'll look into that!

Hi Suzyq, the Android box is great, basically turns the TV into a smart tv, with the bonous of no restrictions of what app's you put on the box.

Thanks so much Friendo - that worked a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I had a 30 day trial of Prime and everything worked great on my Samsung TV.

The trial lapsed, but a few days later I renewed - and now prime tv gives a region restriction!

I don't know what address I used for the original trial (my real one or my parcel motel one) but no matter which one I use now I can't get it back.

Amazon customer service cannot think outside the box - I want them to compare addresses, check the details of the trial account etc. but they cannot seem to grasp it.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Have seen one of those big wall add featuring... Amazon Prime Video and Vikings.

Are they coming here for real?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does the Fire TV Stick still not work with PrimeVideo Ireland?

finally got onto a competent amazon help desk employee. he explained that at present amazon prime tv will NOT stream if you have a fire tv (and i assume fire stick). so you need another android device to stream it. immediately cancelled by amazon prime account. bit stupid if you ask me - if they want us to enter the amazon universe why it cannot be done but their loss

grogi wrote:
    Have seen one of those big wall add featuring... Amazon Prime Video and Vikings.

grogi wrote:
    Are they coming here for real?

Season 1,2and 3 on at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FishD

just signed up for my 30 day trial to prime. Opened the app on my TV and WOW all those new films......
    But each one i clicked it said i could not watch them because of my region, even the 'original amazon' series!! Surely they are free to licence these to whatever region they choose?. Took me quite some time to find a single item which i could watch here.

I guess netflix has regional restrictions, but at least they don't display the items you can't watch. Amazon is shooting itself in the foot. Wont be continuing with it once the trial ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Signed up to prime video it works fine on my samsung tablet but not on my sony Bravia KDL -42W706B Television. I rang amazon she offered me fire stick 20% off the price so i went to buy but no sale to ROI. Any adivce welcome id like to veiw on th e big screen asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a firestick....used address pal for shipping address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

vince wrote: »
    Signed up to prime video it works fine on my samsung tablet but not on my sony Bravia KDL -42W706B Television. I rang amazon she offered me fire stick 20% off the price so i went to buy but no sale to ROI. Any adivce welcome id like to veiw on th e big screen asap.

Reinstall the app maybe?
    I've a Samsung smart tv and all content works on it, same as on my ipad and phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Millem wrote: »
    I have a firestick....used address pal for shipping address
    dose it work on an irish ip address. I rang sony today they made me do a factory reset no joy. Its a 2014 model so no app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I signed up to the free trial....I think my amazon address is my parcel motel (Northern Ireland) one and the content seems largely unlocked.

Has the issue regarding the content in Ireland improved considerably or is it potentially the use of a NI address?

Vudgie wrote: »
    I signed up to the free trial....I think my amazon address is my parcel motel (Northern Ireland) one and the content seems largely unlocked.

Has the issue regarding the content in Ireland improved considerably or is it potentially the use of a NI address?

Where did you sign up? Did you sign up on primevideo.com (two week free trial renewing at 2.99 for six months before going to 5.99) or did you sign up on amazon.co.uk for the month trial (one month renewing at 5.99 GBP for video only or 7.99GBP for full Prime but also includes other Prime benefit When signing up for UK variant usually the content is region restricted though based on credit card address and geo location).

The Irish (Primevideo.com) version has a fair bit of the same Entertainment content as the UK (but still fairly shallow in comparison), the Irish movie selection though is completely different and besides a handful of decent titles is full of ancient or really low grade muck)

Dave..M wrote: »
    Where did you sign up? Did you sign up on primevideo.com (two week free trial renewing at 2.99 for six months before going to 5.99) or did you sign up on amazon.co.uk for the month trial (one month renewing at 5.99 GBP for video only or 7.99GBP for full Prime but also includes other Prime benefit When signing up for UK variant usually the content is region restricted though based on credit card address and geo location).

The Irish (Primevideo.com) version has a fair bit of the same Entertainment content as the UK (but still fairly shallow in comparison), the Irish movie selection though is completely different and besides a handful of decent titles is full of ancient or really low grade muck)

I signed up at primevideo.com, as far as I could see the free trial is a month though. Maybe it was just after hearing all the negative comments about content I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as it used to be.

I signed up to the trial about 6 months ago and I couldn't even access amazon's own content it was terrible, so I was just wondering if it has recently expanded the library for Ireland.

I signed up at primevideo.com, as far as I could see the free trial is a month though. Maybe it was just after hearing all the negative comments about content I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as it used to be.

I signed up to the trial about 6 months ago and I couldn't even access amazon's own content it was terrible, so I was just wondering if it has recently expanded the library for Ireland.

Maybe they changed the trial period, it was defo 14 days back in Feb. The content has improved massively since then but still falls far short of the UK. If you are wondering which library you are viewing below is the UK library which can be viewed via the Amazon UK site.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=dvm_crs_dna_UK_ko_s_test?_encoding=UTF8&node=3010085031

an example of a difference between that and Ireland for you to check is The Walking Dead seasons 1 through 6 are free on the UK but Ireland only has seasons 5 & 6. Also the movies Interstellar & Arrival as an example are on the UK and not Ireland. Alas there are tons of other differences but if you don't have those then u are on the Irish library. If you do then you have the UK library which is far superior and we'll worth the money (Irish library is worth the 2.99 though)

• Advertisement

Dave..M wrote: »
    Maybe they changed the trial period, it was defo 14 days back in Feb. The content has improved massively since then but still falls far short of the UK. If you are wondering which library you are viewing below is the UK library which can be viewed via the Amazon UK site.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=dvm_crs_dna_UK_ko_s_test?_encoding=UTF8&node=3010085031

an example of a difference between that and Ireland for you to check is The Walking Dead seasons 1 through 6 are free on the UK but Ireland only has seasons 5 & 6. Also the movies Interstellar & Arrival as an example are on the UK and not Ireland. Alas there are tons of other differences but if you don't have those then u are on the Irish library. If you do then you have the UK library which is far superior and we'll worth the money (Irish library is worth the 2.99 though)

Thanks for the info, yes Walking Dead was one thing I noticed alright so I am definitely on the Irish Library. While it still isn't great it is miles better than it was during my previous trial when I never used it.

I presume Amazon are giving nothing away in terms of improving the Irish Library?

Thanks for the info, yes Walking Dead was one thing I noticed alright so I am definitely on the Irish Library. While it still isn't great it is miles better than it was during my previous trial when I never used it.

I presume Amazon are giving nothing away in terms of improving the Irish Library?

Zip but feedback is always useful..

I think it's well worth the 2.99 if just to have the extra option but when it kicks up to 5.99 I'll dip in and out, NETFLIX though more expensive has a better rounded offering as it stands. If they continue to improve their library though it'll be a very interesting alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

Hi, could someone who has Prime please let me know if Ill be able to watch Fear the Walking Dead? The only reason Im signing up really so no point if I cant view it. Thanks a mill. Im useless at technology!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

snowgal wrote: »
    Hi, could someone who has Prime please let me know if Ill be able to watch Fear the Walking Dead? The only reason Im signing up really so no point if I cant view it. Thanks a mill. Im useless at technology!!

You're not. Amazon is very poor on communicating what is available in Ireland - and it is almost nothing IMHO.

snowgal wrote: »

They currently have season 1 and 2 of FTWD available to stream via Primevideo.com.

Season 3 is listed, but it says "Not Available", and I don't know when or if they will add it, but presumably not before the end of the season.

The original Walking Dead show only has seasons 5 and 6 for streaming, so I dunno what Amazon's plan is there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement