Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

snowgal wrote: »
    Hi, could someone who has Prime please let me know if Ill be able to watch Fear the Walking Dead? The only reason Im signing up really so no point if I cant view it. Thanks a mill. Im useless at technology!!

Just checked app - can watch season 1 & 2 as stated above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So just bought a TV with prime video built in, arrived and as far as I can tell I am the same as everyone here, I can only watch the grand tour and a handful of other things.

Any idea when / if this will change?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

errlloyd wrote: »
    So just bought a TV with prime video built in, arrived and as far as I can tell I am the same as everyone here, I can only watch the grand tour and a handful of other things.

Any idea when / if this will change?

When this was happening to me, I needed to goto https://www.primevideo.com in a desktop browser, then I think when I signed in with my Amazon account, I was prompted to pick a video region or something. Once you do that, you should be able to see a greater range of stuff. At the very least it'll get you access to all of the Amazon Originals catalogue.

It'll also give you access to some of the other shows they have for Ireland. It's not as extensive as anywhere else, but there are some goodies in there - all of Seinfeld, Preacher, Mr Robot, Outlander, all of The X Files, The Americans, Fear the Walking Dead. And there are some decent movies on it too, though more classics than new releases - No Country for Old Men, Munich, Gone Girl, Reservoir Dogs, that kind of thing.

But overall the Irish selection is pretty weak and shallow, I don't know why none of the Amazon Studios Movies are there for example - Manchester by the Sea and Neon Demon, that kind of thing.

That helps a lot, all I really wanted was Mr Robot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

signed up for 7 day trial will look at app when i get home - is there really no movies on it? when i login to https://www.primevideo.com/ there is nothing coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

signed up for 7 day trial will look at app when i get home - is there really no movies on it? when i login to https://www.primevideo.com/ there is nothing coming up.

yes quite a few , spotlight, moonlight , most of Tarantino's

full list here

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/amazon-prime-video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

peteeeed wrote: »

full list here

Great, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Prime Video has launched on the Apple TV (4th gen anyway) and works very well. Irish content loaded when I signed in and plays perfectly. The catalogue has grown quite a bit and some good shows / films on there now. Worth a look if you have an Apple TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Arborist

hi
    looking at a buying an amazon stick and amazon prime subscription to watch odd movie and hopefully get bbc programs, is this the right thing to buy?
    we have an old amazon stick and i,ve been using mobdro etc but far too tedious and unpredictable especially with our it connection
    would appreciate any help
    eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Arborist wrote: »
    hi
    looking at a buying an amazon stick and amazon prime subscription to watch odd movie and hopefully get bbc programs, is this the right thing to buy?
    we have an old amazon stick and i,ve been using mobdro etc but far too tedious and unpredictable especially with our it connection
    would appreciate any help
    eoin

BBC iplayer will not work and you will only be able to watch the content from primevideo the rest is geo-locked.

Of course if you put a VPN on it you will be able to access the full amazon library along with iplayer, ITVHub, 5ondemand etc ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Take a warning campo, there is no discussion of circumventing regional restrictions here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

It's not exactly straight forward to get the Irish version going straight away which is slightly bizarre but going into the website and then changing it to Ireland seems like something they need to sort.

Other than that it's a good option for 2.99 a month for the 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I just signed up for Prime video and it works fine on the Ps4 and laptop but when i try use it on the fire stick (Bought using UK address) i get error 5505 i got onto amazon and they said i need to return the fire stick and buy one that is shipped to Ireland as that will be configured differently. is there any way to get it to work without sending back the fire stick and buying a new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I just signed up for Prime video and it works fine on the Ps4 and laptop but when i try use it on the fire stick (Bought using UK address) i get error 5505 i got onto amazon and they said i need to return the fire stick and buy one that is shipped to Ireland as that will be configured differently. is there any way to get it to work without sending back the fire stick and buying a new one?

Did you setup your address as a NI address with Amazon if so you need to change it to ROI.

I had same error on mine but changing the address sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 sumach

You can download the silk browser app and type in the prime video url. Add it to bookmarks. You can also get the YouTube website here and also add it to the bookmarks. 
    Works fine for me this way.

peteeeed wrote: »

full list here

Is this website still accurate. I think Amazon Prime Video in Ireland lost Mr Robot on New Years day. :(

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is this website still accurate. I think Amazon Prime Video in Ireland lost Mr Robot on New Years day. :(

I can see it on my account right now...

dulpit wrote: »
    I can see it on my account right now...

Weird, I can see it on the app but lost it on my TV on New Years day. (I was on the Season 1 finale too :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You probably need to goto www.primevideo.com sign in and then pick your Prime Video region as Ireland. I can't be certain though, as I think some have mentioned other things they had to do to get Fire Sticks working.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My understanding was that Amazon Prime Video Ireland won't work on the Firestick, only UK Prime.

If you get the fire tv stick in UK it won't work. If you buy the tv stick basic from amazon.com (https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-Basic-Edition/dp/B01ETRGE68) it apparently will work.

This is a nonsensical situation from Amazon, but there you go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 sumach

You can use the same workaround Amazon have set up to get YouTube. Download the Silk or Firefox web browser app and set the primevideo url as bookmark. I use Silk and it works fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

i have a uk firestick, bought on amazon.co.uk and shipped via parcel motel

i have access to a uk amazon prime account

it will not play all videos. i wanted to watch the grand tour for example, it wouldn't play, so i didn't bother trying any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

Im getting the geoblock error on my firestick but my workaroud is to play from the primevideo app on my phone and the button to cast to firestick works grand

• Advertisement

Okay, nows the time to remind posters yet again that there’s absolutely no discussing circumventing regional restrictions here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

icdg wrote: »
    Okay, nows the time to remind posters yet again that there’s absolutely no discussing circumventing regional restrictions here

There is a fine line between resolving configuration/account issues, going around platform limitation or actually trying to block geolocation.

For instance, if content from one provider plays fine from multiple browsers and devices from same location, but on one device it fails, it is not geoblocking that is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

icdg wrote: »

Sorry, my workaround is genuinely with the irish edition subscription of primevideo to cast to a fire tv on normal default Irish DNS, apoloigies if this wasn't clear.

Ill also have to remind posters that there’s absolutely no on thread discussion of moderation, either

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Has anyone had their Fire setup break in past few weeks? Mine has worked for past year, but recently has stopped playing anything now. Amazon just telling me Fire not supported in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Working fine for me, what prime account are you using on your device? As in, which country. And which country is the fire set to?

As amazon don’t sell the fire devices here, they’re a bit fiddly.

All UK.

Country? So UK prime account with US country? Will try later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Bit of a pain the Fear the walking dead only has two seasons, says third season not available in your region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone have any luck sharing prime video with someone else. I setup a household account with my partner but prime video is not sharing

Advertisement