Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher dip/masters Computer science courses reviews?(DIT) / Springboard+

Options
  • 14-12-2016 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey all,

I did electronic Eng 4 years ago however I went into work with an IT firm that was using highly unique software and now that I have lost my job I feel under qualified and feel I should go back and do a CS higher diploma or masters. I don't feel I can adequately code anymore or understand IT sufficiently and want to go back to education to boost my confidence.

I was looking at a (springboard) higher diploma in science in computer science from DIT. Anyone have any experience or recommend a similar course or masters?:pac:

Apologies if I do not reply promptly. Also, money is no concern. I was hoping to get into IT but not sure what area so a broad overlook of CS would help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Garry Logan

For job prospects, a Masters is always preferable to a post-grad conversion course, especially if money is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 morinmemphis

been lost 123

hi i got accepted in DIT , starting my course on the 23 rd jan . have you joined ..?? pm your no if you could pls.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nunu123

Anyone know if i will get accepted in a masters programme in DIT if I have two repeats from my final year undergraduate course? After the repeats I'll get a 2.1 and thats my requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jthreehats

I did the creative digital media masters in DIT, I found it really bad. No feedback from assignments, very little creativity, it was really about coding and building mobile apps, One of our lecturers downloaded our whole module from Lynda.com for 30 Euro. this module worked out at 1300 Euro for us. And worst of all they didn't even know how to teach it. They let the lecturer go when this came to light. we had to take classes on Saturdays to catch up. Just a total mess and a waste of money. Our final project was a group one, so if anyone dropped the ball, that could result in you final masters grade being affected. Some people dropped out of the course and their team mates had to pay to get an extension. And fight tooth and nail to not have their grade capped at forty

Advertisement