Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New application after mortgage restructure

• 14-12-2016 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone have any experience dealing with banks when you have a negative mark on your ICB. I had to move out of my house for work so it's rented 5 years now, negative equity so wont be selling it. I restructured this mortgage 18 months ago to reduce the payments. My main reason for this was to ensure that the rent would always cover the mortgage and I thought having smaller payments to achieve would help with a future mortgage application...

I applied for a mortgage recently and it has really gone against me that I have restructured the previous mortgage... I passed all the stress tests in the branch, good paye income etc.

Just wondering if I try again in a few months will I get the same response or will I have the wait for a good few years until all the marks drop off the ICB history?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I am surprised that you were declined just because you restructured your mortgage. Did you restructure because you went into arrears which is a different matter?

You need to apply to www.icb.ie to see what is on your record.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 yayatobe

Yea, have the icb report. Nothing else really on it. All payments have been made etc. In a few months I'll have a better savings record so hoping that will tip me over the edge! Have savings there but not a consistent saver which I guess didn't help either!. Just hope that when I re-apply they can look beyond the restructure.

I read somewhere that no bank will look at ya until at least 24 payments are made on the account after any adjustments so I'm hoping when I reapply this will be the case.

Advertisement