Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Tea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Twinings Earl Grey or M&S Gold. Yorkshire Gold is pretty good as well.

Lyons and Barrys are absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Twinings Earl Grey or M&S Gold. Yorkshire Gold is pretty good as well.
    "Protestant tea" McNulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

How come there'e only three brands of tea in the poll?

A few of my fave's . . .
    Punjana,
    Bewleys,
    Tetley,
    PG Tips,
    TyPhoo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

LordSutch wrote:
    How come there'e only three brands of tea in the poll?
    Read the thread more carefully.
    LordSutch wrote:
    A few of my fave's . . . Punjana, Bewleys, Tetley, PG Tips, TyPhoo...

Those are brands, not teas.

We may be a tea drinking country but the ignorance in this thread is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

First Up wrote: »

Sorry, I didn't realise there were only three teas available in Ireland, in which case I would have to choose Bewleys as my favourite tea. PS: where does that leave the others I mention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ginger and orange tea with a bit of honey. Perfect in this weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

That's what the thread is asking.....................

Away with your Darjeeling nonsense. Tea is tea. Its an old ladies drink and you cant hipsterise it.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't realise there were only three teas available in Ireland, in which case I would have to choose Bewleys as my favourite tea. PS: where does that leave the others I mention?

Well whoever started the thread seems to know only three but anyone who knows anything about tea knows that there's dozens of options - including the many good ones that are not mass produced by the obvious names. Bewleys have a least a dozen varieties; Tetley, Lyons, Typhoo etc have hundreds between them. Nominating a brand is meaningless.

If you use tea bags, it hardly matters what you buy - they are made up of the shavings from the bottom of the tea chests (and only that if you are lucky).

Glenster wrote: »
    That's what the thread is asking.....................

Away with your Darjeeling nonsense. Tea is tea. Its an old ladies drink and you cant hipsterise it.

I suppose wine is wine too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I suppose wine is wine too?

At least when you're talking about wine you might have a bit of wine in front of you and you might be having a bit of craic.

If your drinking tea you're either sitting in a canteen with bland workmates or humouring your nan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I like rooibos first then
    Lemon and ginger (sometimes with honey)
    Fennel
    Very weak (wave the teabag over the cup weak) black tea.

No milk, no sugar.

Glenster wrote:
    If your drinking tea you're either sitting in a canteen with bland workmates or humouring your nan.

You need to get out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

At least when you're talking about wine you might have a bit of wine in front of you and you might be having a bit of craic.

You realise you're trying to impress anonymous people on the internet by saying you're too cool to drink tea?

I don't drink wine and I love having tea with my Gran.

I'd put money on my Gran being more craic than most people who'd talk about wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Punjana normally.
    I prefer assam tea leaves, so any Irish brand is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

McGraths Reserve Blend.

Perfect in the morning before heading out for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Peppermint tea I guess. I only drink it to calm me down after too much coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Who are the 6 Bewleys reps? lolz

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Insani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Barry's (Red and Pink boxes, I think the pink one is cheaper and the proceeds go to cancer aware or something like that).

Punjana (Northern Irish version or UK version)

Twinnings Earl Grey

And Lavazza for my coffee.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The one out of the machine at work, not sure what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

Lapsang souchong.
    Supertasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Twinings English Breakfast is my go to

Gunpowder tea back in the day, I think temple of heaven was the brand

Sencha is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Do people still think there's much of a difference? Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between Lyons and Barrys although these two do have a slightly better taste then the other normal teabag brands. difference between tea is like the difference between which bottled water brand to go for...they all taste almost exactly the same

Greyfox wrote:
    Do people still think there's much of a difference? Most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between Lyons and Barrys although these two do have a slightly better taste then the other normal teabag brands. difference between tea is like the difference between which bottled water brand to go for...they all taste almost exactly the same

Between big brand tea bags - hardly any difference. Robert Roberts Organic Kenyan Black tea bags are a cut above but properly brewed loose leaf tea is the only way to get the full experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

cant tell the difference between those 3. But I love tea, all of it, even the fruit and green ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

None of them.mcgraths reserve from aldi beats them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I like Barrys and Lyons but my favourite has to be Barrys (any brand caffeinated/decafe or green tea!) :) Own brand of teas like supervalu and lidl are grand too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wish we had a David's Tea in Ireland. They're all over Canada and have so many blends.

Particularly a fan of "Mother's Little Helper" for a pre bed tea. They put something in it to help you sleep.

https://www.davidstea.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What about teas from outer space.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

What about teas from outer space.

Lovely with a Mars Bar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

All Fairtrade related posts moved to this new thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Voted Barry's but I'd happily take Lyons. No huge difference in those two tbf. Can't ever remember having Bewleys, Twinnings or the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lamentabli sane

I like the chai stuff. The loose tea is also superior to the teabags, which are nearly sour with the strenght of them.

Always time for tea :D

Advertisement