Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Cinema Display repair

Options
  • 14-12-2016 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello. Is there anybody browsing boards.ie living in the Ennis area who owns an Apple Cinema Display monitor?

I have a 24" Cinema Display monitor, but it is damaged and not working. It is difficult to diagnose the source of the problem. I took apart the glass and LCD and carefully looked at the inner components. I'm sure the issue is with either the Logic board, the Power supply board, or one of the cables. It's hard to localize it further, and it would do me a great help to swap identical parts to learn which component needs replacing. The Logic board and Power supply board cost over €100 each, and collectively the cables would cost around €50. I don't have up to €250 to spend on replacement parts, so it would be much better if I could localize further the source of the issue by swapping working components.

So if you have a Cinema Display monitor and live in or around Ennis, would you be willing to let me borrow (or purchase) individual components to help me troubleshoot this technical issue? I would pay you for the convenience.

Advertisement