Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

robinph wrote: »
    Will be driving down from Shannon direction on the morning for the half. What area should I aim for to park the car? Need to not be too far from the centre as will have spectators with me who won't be able for walking long distances.

The Park & Ride service from the Black Ash centre, on the South City Link (N27), into the city centre will operate every 10 minutes from 07.30 to 19.15. The service costs €5 for the day. Participants and spectators are urged to use this facility and leave your car outside the city centre. The bus will bring you into the centre, a minute’s walk from the City Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Is it to soon for a weather forecast?

418400.JPG

I'd be happy enough with that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

418400.JPG

Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

418400.JPG

A bit early knowing Cork!

The important bit is that breeze that needs to be nice and mild until we hit the last 6k and then it needs to blow a gale in the Straight Rd.

Luxembourg marathon on this evening. Temps set to hit 30, falling back to 25 or so later. Ouch.

Itziger wrote: »
    A bit early knowing Cork!

The important bit is that breeze that needs to be nice and mild until we hit the last 6k and then it needs to blow a gale in the Straight Rd.

Luxembourg marathon on this evening. Temps set to hit 30, falling back to 25 or so later. Ouch.

I know, yeah. I could be lashing down at 7am, then scorching by 9am!! I've seen it sunny in Ringaskiddy while it raining in town ffs. Once we get the wind at our backs down the Straight Road we'll be grand, like you said. Not long now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Cool with drizzle would be paradise - I've been melting in the small bit of heat we've had his week!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Is it too soon for one of these too? :)

Name Bib No: PB Target Finish Time
    hot buttered scones 03:21:45 03:14:59  

Guess who has too much time on their hands today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Was out for a bit of a run this afternoon & took in some of the CCM route.

The old halfway point:
    2gu0hf5.jpg

No sign of the new halfway mark yet but guessing it's somewhere around here, the construcktion work is for a new entrance to the old railway line from Mahon.
    2ln8i6t.jpg

14m mark is at the old railway station.
    6psyrl.jpg

Half marathon start, surely nothing can go wrong this year :)
    ok50f4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Name Bib No: Event PB Target Finish Time
    hot buttered scones Full 03:21:45 03:14:59 ?
    corkladd Half 01:39:03 01:29:59
    overthebridge Half 01:35:14 01:34:30

I'm not long back from injury and this will be the first real test since. Here's hoping !!

• Advertisement

opus wrote: »

Half marathon start, surely nothing can go wrong this year :)

They'd never take off in the wrong direction (towards town), surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

TheBigGreen Full - 03:29:59

First marathon so as long as I finish it I'll be happy but 3:29:59 is the target :D

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Was really looking forward to this, was hoping for a time of around 04:15:00 but not a chance.
    After putting in the training, I hurt my knee a few weeks backs, went to doc, then scan last week.
    Torn meniscus, waiting for an appointment with consultant now and looks like keyhole surgery.
    Gutted, love doing taking part in the Cork marathon, half or relay.
    The atmosphere is always great and it's a great way to see your home city from a different point of view.
    Best of Luck to everyone taking part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

There's a gang of us travelling for this with a few doing the full, half and relay so we'll be landing around 815am (ish).
    Just wondering where's the best places to park, free if possible but I dont mind paying for a multistorey and more
    importantly are there any good spots open for brekkie at that hour. Porridge would be great but a good cup
    of coffee is probably just as vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I'm one of the 2 leading out the 3:45 pace train so whoever wants to join me, you're more than welcome.
    Make yourself known to me at the start line and I can direct motivational slogans at you all day long. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

There's a gang of us travelling for this with a few doing the full, half and relay so we'll be landing around 815am (ish).
    Just wondering where's the best places to park, free if possible but I dont mind paying for a multistorey and more
    importantly are there any good spots open for brekkie at that hour. Porridge would be great but a good cup
    of coffee is probably just as vital.

45 mins before the start?? Or am I wrong about that? It seems way too late to be arriving in the city.

Itziger wrote:
    45 mins before the start?? Or am I wrong about that? It seems way too late to be arriving in the city.

It's too late to be arriving at the Black Ash. I'm getting dropped in at 8:30, but I've someone meeting me with my bag after. You'd want a bit longer alright if you're dropping a bag a City Hall and then walking back over to Patrick Street.

The start (as far as I remember) was a very minimum fuss affair. About 1000 or so runners and you just take your place 5 or 10 minutes before the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Free parking in town on a Sun so if you're early shouldn't be a problem finding somewhere to drop car within walking distance of City Hall (if you're dropping a bag).

Here's the new location of mile 26 & a reminder to turn left for the finish & not head off right for a second marathon lap :) The new building in the background is soon to be Facebook's first outpost in Cork.

2mxq2rc.jpg

Tick tock tick tock....the taper in full swing. Really excited now. Hopefully we get decent weather conditions and all smash pbs

• Advertisement

Someone add me to the table there. la. I tried and almost got it right!

Full, pb = 3.03.28, target = 2.59.30

Not that I'd say no to 2.59.59 obviously.

Itziger Full 03:03:28 02:59:30

There ya go, la.

Itziger Full 03:03:28 02:59:30

There ya go, la.

Good man. What happened was all the info went into the name space! How does a body get the breaks to work? There were slashes between the columns in the 10 Round Numbers table :(

Itziger wrote: »
    Good man. What happened was all the info went into the name space! How does a body get the breaks to work? There were slashes between the columns in the 10 Round Numbers table :(

I copied and pasted this table from another thread. I noticed the lack of lines too, but I couldn't figure out how to get my work keybaord to do them :o . I just copy and paste the line above, then click into whatever section you want to change (like a table in Word), delete and type the new info. Probably a pain on the phone though.

Name|Bib No:|Event|PB|Target|Finish Time
    hot buttered scones||Full|03:21:45|03:14:59|
    corkladd||Half|01:39:03|01:29:59|
    overthebridge||Half|01:35:14|01:34:30|
    TheBigGreen||Full|-|03:29:59|
    Itziger||Full|03:03:28|02:59:30|

Fixed it!!!

Are there pacers?

Jakey Rolling ||Full|3:36:00|3:2x:xx|

Thanks for fixing the table, been struggling with that one all day!
    Would be hard to do worse than my Limerick effort, steady pacing should get me under 3:30

Forecast currently looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Megager wrote: »
    Are there pacers?

Yes, as far as I remember. Think it was starting at 3hrs, going up in 15min intervals.

Jakey Rolling ||Full|3:36:00|3:2x:xx|
    CR 7||Full|3:03:45|2:59:59|

Might as well put it in stone now. Haven't really gotten enough training for 3 hours in over the last few months due to work, but I'm going to go for it anyway, and either blow up spectacularly or surprise myself and do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

I'll be minding my 4 kids now though, so won't be able to. Will be in there supporting my wife and all the other runners.

Advertisement