Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Enfinity X2+

• 14-12-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have one of these pieces of crap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thats not a cheap box, what image are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I'm struggling. The only one that works is the OpenATV 4.2 image that comes with it. ViX4 and later OpenATV versions are much better in theory but none work right. Crashing usually when accessing tuners.

I went to buy a Solo2, which was out of stock, so I bought this instead on the advice of the lad behind the counter. Even though there's a 23% restocking fee I can't see any alternative but to say goodbye to 60 odd quid and bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

n97 mini wrote: »
    Anyone else have one of these pieces of crap?

Looks like a reasonably price box for a 2xdvb-s2 plus 1 dvb-t box running @ MIPS at 1300 megs. (199STG)

Optibox have been bringing out decent specced boxes for years but there only issue is support teams.

OpenATV seem to be issuing E2 images for it, so not to bad.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/nightly/index.php?open=x2plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

its faulty so they should give money back. where did you buy?

I'm struggling. The only one that works is the OpenATV 4.2 image that comes with it. ViX4 and later OpenATV versions are much better in theory but none work right. Crashing usually when accessing tuners.

I went to buy a Solo2, which was out of stock, so I bought this instead on the advice of the lad behind the counter. Even though there's a 23% restocking fee I can't see any alternative but to say goodbye to 60 odd quid and bring it back.

From reading a few posts on their forum, this box has issues. A lack of support seems to be the main one!

You have two options. Install the stable Opendroid. http://images.opendroid.org/5.5/EVO/index.php?dir=x2plus

or install openAtv 5.3 and run the remove dependencies command from telnet before you do anything else.

opkg remove --force-depends llmnrd

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've gathered by now! (about lack of support)

The issues began when I bought the box for €240 in Satworld on the advice of the lad behind the counter ("same chipset as Solo2, you be ok"). Brought it out to the car and unpacked... even though it says all over the box that's it's triple tuner and there was no DVB-T tuner, only a twin DVB-S2 (wonder what the CAI would hve to say about that). Went back inside and was told that the triple tuner version is €270 or I could buy the tuner on its own for €45 later. Told the guy behind the counter the box has "triple tuner" written all over it and he just (literally) shrugged his shoulders and said "all come in same box".

I'll try Opendroid and see how it goes.

A few developments.

Opendroid (latest) works fine.

ViX4 latest builds (009 and 008) crash instantly when scanning DTT. Autobouquetsmaker hangs. But interestingly the oldest build I can find (003) works fine. Haven't tried any other builds, will stick with 003 as I'm not willing to put any more time into it and it does what I want it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Hello,

I'm trying to pair the Evo remote with my Samsung TV but can't find any support material or manuals online. Anyone else found anything useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

A few developments.

Opendroid (latest) works fine.

ViX4 latest builds (009 and 008) crash instantly when scanning DTT. Autobouquetsmaker hangs. But interestingly the oldest build I can find (003) works fine. Haven't tried any other builds, will stick with 003 as I'm not willing to put any more time into it and it does what I want it to.

I also have an EVO Enfinity x2+ and the screen has gone black. I wanted to try and flash it again. Do you happen to still have a copy of the 03 build of VIX4?

I also have an EVO Enfinity x2+ and the screen has gone black. I wanted to try and flash it again. Do you happen to still have a copy of the 03 build of VIX4?

There are very recent OpenATV images available.

Unzip one to the root of a USB and stick in the box and turn on.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    There are very recent OpenATV images available.

Unzip one to the root of a USB and stick in the box and turn on.

I did try that but the audio then didn’t work so I rolled back to OpenATV 5.1.

I did try that but the audio then didn’t work so I rolled back to OpenATV 5.1.

There are 4 images in that directory. All of them do something to your audio ?

Use the latest one.

What kind of audio setup do you have ? Is it just straight forward HDMI to TV?

On the OpenATV website it looks like a new build version is created daily and for the past 3 days it has been the exact same size in bytes so i assumed that nothing was different however today's version is slightly different "openatv-6.2-x2plus-20190427_usb.zip" so I will try loading that one and see what happens.
    For the sound I would normally just use a HDMI cable but I am forced to use component (RGB & RW) because thats not working. HDMI works only on the load of the opening splash screen but then goes black when it gets to 49% loaded

For the sound I would normally just use a HDMI cable but I am forced to use component (RGB & RW) because thats not working. HDMI works only on the load of the opening splash screen but then goes black when it gets to 49% loaded

Does the flash ever complete ?

There is a file in the directory called noforce. Rename it to force.

Today's version seems to work ok - thanks for your help STB. Still HDMI is not working but I am pretty happy it's almost back to normal. All my settings are a bit messed up now.. EPG, favourites etc..

FYI - when it's booting up on HDMI it doesnt seem to finish booting properly. For example gets to 49% and then the screen goes black.

Might try and get some logs off it

Today's version seems to work ok - thanks for your help STB. Still HDMI is not working but I am pretty happy it's almost back to normal. All my settings are a bit messed up now.. EPG, favourites etc..

FYI - when it's booting up on HDMI it doesnt seem to finish booting properly. For example gets to 49% and then the screen goes black.

Might try and get some logs off it

The HDMI problem could be software related, hardware related (TV or Box), or simply a duff cable.

To elimate some of the causes, when the box is switched on switch from the RGB cables (disconnect them) to HDMI using another HDMI port on the TV. This will eliminate that that HDMI port is blown on the TV. If that doesn't work try another HDMI cable to eliminate the cable problem.

Finally go into the setup on the box, Video, Basic Settings and check that the video output is set to HDMI and that the modes are set to the specs of your TV. If its a HD Ready Tv set it to 720 etc.

Might want to check the HDMI CEC settings as well. There should be some reasons why its dropping the HDMI signal. If none of those work, it might be a dodgy HDMI port on the box itself or indeed software not loading the video drivers for the HDMI. I have seen the latter on Fergusons boxes which were as a result of corrupt firm/software.

By the way you should think of downloading Dreambox Edit. It allows you to make a favourites channel list and flash it over your LAN to the box (assuming the box is connected to the same LAN). It doesnt require you scanning the box etc as it downloads the latest transonder and frequencies etc. You then have a masterlist on your laptop/PC that you can flash to any new image.

The HDMI problem could be software related, hardware related (TV or Box), or simply a duff cable.
    I tried a different cable and no joy.
    Also tried all different ports on TV and different combinations.
    My feeling is that its a software related problem because the HDMI works when its booting up. I was thinking if the HW was the issue then that wouldn't work?!
    Might want to check the HDMI CEC settings as well.
    Not sure how I do this? And there doesn't seem to be any firmware support for these EVO boxes so I'm not sure how I can actually reflash the BIOS or firmware. Even still its acting up a bit and needed to be restarted a couple of times yesterday.
    By the way you should think of downloading Dreambox Edit. It allows you to make a favourites channel list and flash it over your LAN to the box (assuming the box is connected to the same LAN). It doesnt require you scanning the box etc as it downloads the latest transonder and frequencies etc. You then have a masterlist on your laptop/PC that you can flash to any new image.
    This sounds brilliant so will play around with that. I can connect to the box on the LAN and see all the folders.
    It would be great if there was some kind of dummies guide to setting up these boxes. A lot of the IPTV sites seem rubbish as well

STB what do you recommend for EPG? Dreambox is really good for managing favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Fairly in love with my EPG,

Vu+ Duo 4K, hooked up aerial for Saorview, Old Sky sat equipped with an FBC LNB for Freesat services (Can pickup Chan 4/5 HD), and a second sat pointed at Hotbird with FBC also. Complete FTA setup, had to purchase a tivusat card to decode the FTA Italian channels, tons in HD, wife is Italian.

Pleased with my setup after all the research and final setop. Running Open ATV 6.3 slyk q skin. With FBC can record up to 8 channels, not that Ineed to but handy for the odd clash

https://imgur.com/a/DYSlZ39
    https://imgur.com/87XD6kS

@ stux You can also get the Italian Channels on 5W and 12W.

Its the transmitter uplinks for Italy. They use a system called multistream (MIS). Most boxes are not meant to interpret these signals or decode the broadcast. Your Vu+ Box will decode them without the need for a card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nk9xjp4If4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

@ stux You can also get the Italian Channels on 5W and 12W.

Its the transmitter uplinks for Italy. They use a system called multistream (MIS). Most boxes are not meant to interpret these signals or decode the broadcast. Your Vu+ Box will decode them without the need for a card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nk9xjp4If4
    Cool, even the RAI HD channels ?

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Cool, even the RAI HD channels ?

All of them I gather including the premium ones. Like I said earlier they are not actually intended for end use. They are transmission links for dvb-t transmitters in Italy. You are just intercepting them!

https://wiki.openpli.org/Multistream

Latest Blackhole images have the requisite drivers built in to enable Multi Stream reception.

Advertisement