Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harvest Cafe Athlone town centre

• 14-12-2016 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭

Bought a wrap and chips. The wrap had lettuce. Some chicken and cheese. Bowl of chips with literally a handful of chips in it. One handful at most. 9 Euro. Recession is over and rip off is in full swing again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

OK - The wrap is a bit on the expensive side alright ... but sweet Jebus €3 for (at a rough count) 16-18 chips?!?!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Syrandfield cafe Dundalk- complete rip off- hardly get a coffer and scone for a tenner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

OK - The wrap is a bit on the expensive side alright ... but sweet Jebus €3 for (at a rough count) 16-18 chips?!?!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was just thinking what I sometimes get for €9.

Two fish and chip in Dunkey Fords in Limerick ... and there'd be a assload more proper chips than what you got there my friend. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I was "treated" to a very expensive meal about 25 years ago. I ordered the steak and chips.
    The food was cooked to perfection. All 3 chips were perfect.
    No, not spelling mistake. Just 3 chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Two fish and chip in Dunkey Fords in Limerick ... and there'd be a assload more proper chips than what you got there my friend. ;)
    is that a sit down cafe chipper though. Some chippers which are have a separate seated area and charge a lot more.

No excuse for the miserable chips the OP got. Did you complain? They tell you to go to facebook, so you should, and warn others.

There are already complaints about miserable portions, people prefer pictures too though.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Harvest-Cafe-160065647371491/reviews/?ref=page_internal

This is why I was pleased to hear of plans to have calorie values put on menus. It would give you more legitimate reason to complain if the meal appeared to be far smaller than the stated values. Most people only considered it to be an aid for people trying to lose weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Heard recently, the Harvest Cafe are giving extremely small portions. Not good for business. Back a while one got a scone & tea for 3e there & it was lovely. Got the most beautiful lunch recently in the Creggan Court Hotel.

Advertisement