Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aon2 axa2 for blood bike.?

• 14-12-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys. Ambition to join the blood bikes someday. Have experience in health where a blood bike made the difference for a family member and I find my self wanting to see if I can provide the same for someone else. Able bodied . why not.

Looking for information on the requirements for the blood bike volunteers.

Apart from the RoSPA course there is a requirement for

Aon2 course and or axa2 course.
    Why are these nesary? Just curious.

Is there anyone here who could shed some light just on the process etc and how it goes.

Just reaching out to you guys to shed light on it other than whats written online etc. It might help others who are interested also.

Details.
    Riding few a few years. Full A license . no points. Various size bikes experience.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭ratracer

neildyr wrote: »
    Hi guys. Ambition to join the blood bikes someday. Have experience in health where a blood bike made the difference for a family member and I find my self wanting to see if I can provide the same for someone else. Able bodied . why not.

Looking for information on the requirements for the blood bike volunteers.

Apart from the RoSPA course there is a requirement for

Aon2 course and or axa2 course.
    Why are these nesary? Just curious.

Is there anyone here who could shed some light just on the process etc and how it goes.

Just reaching out to you guys to shed light on it other than whats written online etc. It might help others who are interested also.

Details.
    Riding few a few years. Full A license . no points. Various size bikes experience.

Thanks.

What part of the country are you in, and which blood bike group are you hoping to become involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

ratracer wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in, and which blood bike group are you hoping to become involved in?

Hi ratracer. I'm in south Dublin aera. I assume a group operating within or around Dublin itself. Thsnks

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

neildyr wrote: »
    Hi ratracer. I'm in south Dublin aera. I assume a group operating within or around Dublin itself. Thsnks

Can find all the info you want, here:

http://www.bloodbikeseast.ie (I think this is the main one)
    http://bloodbikeleinster.ie/

Are you over 25? The age limit used to be 30 (something I didn't agree with, and put my off joining them even after I turned 30).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

I was looking at joining last year, but I just can't find the time. I did speak with Pat in Blood Bikes East at the time, the AXA Grade 2 is needed to show you're good enough as a stop gap while you're on your way to getting the RoSPA. I have one from year's ago so that was fine apparently. The Blood Bike guys get you RoSPA ready and then arrange for your test. If you have your RoSPA already you don't need the Grade 2 as RoSPA overwrites the Grade in their eyes (plus it's more widely recognised).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Colm17RvB.

Ah thats what I was trying to figure out. So the RoSPA overwrites it! Ok thanks.

rat_race. Yup im nearing 30 now so. Ill mull over al the info when I get home from work.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Different groups use different criteria, ours us over 25 with clean licence, we'll use a rospa assessor to assess you on a ride out, if he says ok you'll be on rota after a familiarisation day, we ask that you apply for and get rospa silver or gold inside of 6mths. Anyone in Galway that fancies it, info@bloodbikewest.ie and we'll put you to use!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Bumping this up a little.

Would anyone have any information on the Dublin operation? The site seems to be down. Have the full licence, do mainly be out on the bike every now and again, ideally I enjoy the thought of riding around but ideally with a purpose and this seems like a good one at that.

I notice the site for the east is down, anyone have any details on someone I can touch base with to find out more information?

Cheers.

Edit, site is working on my phone!

Will give them a shout, need 2 years full licence and some advanced riding, might see if I can do some admin work for them while I get training and that.

Anyone on here with them at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

TallGlass wrote: »
    Bumping this up a little.

Would anyone have any information on the Dublin operation? The site seems to be down. Have the full licence, do mainly be out on the bike every now and again, ideally I enjoy the thought of riding around but ideally with a purpose and this seems like a good one at that.

I notice the site for the east is down, anyone have any details on someone I can touch base with to find out more information?

Cheers.

Edit, site is working on my phone!

Will give them a shout, need 2 years full licence and some advanced riding, might see if I can do some admin work for them while I get training and that.

Anyone on here with them at the moment?

Yup what ya wanna know?

Advertisement