Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum legal time to receive the P45 after the last day of contract

Options
  • 15-12-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I sent a few days ago a letter of resignation to my employer and my end of contract will be on the 6th of January.

This employer send Payroll on the 12th of the following month.

Ex: your December salary will be paid on the 12th of January.

I have been informed by them they will send the last payroll on the 12th of February and the P45 within 2 weeks after this last payroll.

1) Can they not issue a final payroll on the 12th of January instead of waiting up to the 12th of February to issue the last Payroll or are they legally entitled to?

2) Do I still have to wait up to the 24 of February to get my P45 despite my last working day will be on the 6th of January or is it a legal requirement to wait a certain amount of time to get your P45 after your last working day?

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Tow

12th of January is in the new tax year, does not matter (as far as Revenue are concerned) when the money in earned. So P45 'should' only have your last payment on it.

Don't know why your so fussed over your P45. if you don't have one just ring Revenue with armed with your PPSN and new employer's number and they will transfer the allowance over. 1 min job once they answer the phone, or register for myAccount https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/home.html and do it your self!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Yep, wouldn't worry about it so much. If you're paid monthly then they can't just run a payroll for you.

Or finish up before Christmas and that solves your problem. The issue is you'll be working a few days in the new month. That's what's carrying it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 qwerty1111

Thank you for your answers.

Advertisement