Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options
  • 15-12-2016 12:22pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017
    Bank Holiday Weekend 3,4,5 June
    Museum of Modern Art, Kilmainham, Dublin

First announcement:

Monday, 5th June
    Bon Iver
    with special guests
    Flying Lotus (3D)
    Lisa Hannigan
    The Staves
    Gordi
    Paul Thomas Saunders
    Plus many more to be announced!

We are delighted announce that Bon Iver will be headlining and curating the line-up for an incredibly special evening of music on Monday, 5 June. The show will take place on the beautiful grounds of the Irish Museum Of Modern Art at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham in Dublin’s city centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Looks like Monday is an additional day and we can buy tickets for it Monday the 19th without buying a weekend ticket.

Not sure if I should risk an early bird weekend ticket without the line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Bon Iver will be curating the line-up

What does this actually mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

What does this actually mean?

It's means Bob Iver have hand picked or at least helped choose the musicians playing on the Monday of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What's the set up of this venue, is it all standing?
    Is it expected to sell out in minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

There are 4 stages, 2 of which are predominantly DJ sets. There's also a comedy tent.
    I doubt Justin Vernon will be booking Gearoid Farrelly for the comedy or Nialler9 or Kelly Ann Byrne for a DJ slot.

I'd imagine his 'curation' will be limited to the main stage.
    It's also possible that the Monday will be stripped back, and the comedy and some of the DJ stuff not happening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah, I'm going to take "curating the line up" as "meaningless hipster marketing bollocks".

Still, looking forward to it!

Just picked up two tickets for the Monday.

Picked up a couple tickets.

Now if only they could 'curate' Mac Demarco, Real Estate and Sylvan Esso onto the lineup that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Yeah, I'm going to take "curating the line up" as "meaningless hipster marketing bollocks".

Still, looking forward to it!

Its this line All Tommorrows Parties used in the UK for nightmare before Christmas and their other festivals.

Essentially the curator gets to picks the bands he wants but from a list of bands with deals with the promotor ,so because of the availability the list is a very small one and probably no different to want the promotor would pick.

So yes it is meaningless hipster marketing bollocks, its essentially means if you like bon iver you might like .....

Will Flying Lotus be on at same time as Bon Iver or how are they going to run the Monday?

What was the Patti Smith day like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Kneebreaker

Rfrip wrote: »
    What's the set up of this venue, is it all standing?
    Is it expected to sell out in minutes?

Just on the all standing. Wife will be heavily pregnant then, is there seating at the venue at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There hasn't been any seating at the festival any of the years I've been there, maybe the Monday show will be different but I can't imagine them getting seating in for the last day.

Just on the all standing. Wife will be heavily pregnant then, is there seating at the venue at all?

I've never seen it at FF but there should be an Accessibility Seating area like at other festivals and outdoor gigs. It's usually a elevated ramp with space for wheelchairs and seats for plus 1's & carers etc. There is info on how to request it on the Bon Iver ticket page on TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Will Flying Lotus be on at same time as Bon Iver or how are they going to run the Monday?

What was the Patti Smith day like?

They moved everything into tents because of bad weather, but the timetable may have been similar anyway? I can't remember. I know there was just time to run from Spiritualized, but the Patti tent was pretty rammed by then.

Patti Smith will perform her classic album Horses in full at 9.15pm – here is the new running order:
    New Secret Weapon: 6pm (Tent 2)
    Ariel Pink: 6.40pm (Tent 1)
    Spiritualized: 7.55pm (Tent 2)
    Patti Smith: 9.15pm (Tent 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe they will book Aphex Twin again, it would coincide with the gigs in Europe anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

15826098_10155041309189416_6876288617541930197_n.png?oh=3ac87ceeba48a35cfbfc1b2e4e98ec36&oe=58E0B436

Gutted, I was going to one of the London show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not sure if I should risk an early bird weekend ticket without the line up.

Is there a cut off date for early birds? Can't see any.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Gutted, I was going to one of the London show.

Same....Flights and accommodation booked for Edinburgh

maximoose wrote: »
    Is there a cut off date for early birds? Can't see any.

Not sure. I ended up buying a Monday ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Seems pretty clear from those dates that Forbidden Fruit is not included in the cancelled shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Feel bad for anyone going to one of those shows. I would be gutted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Same....Flights and accommodation booked for Edinburgh

Same for Paris.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Booka Shade are playing this on the Saturday.

https://www.bookashade.com/live

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Forbidden Fruit Festival

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017 ... line-up details coming soon!

They seem to be getting ready to make an announcement on facebook. I'd say there could be something this week.

Probably expect a few of these to make an appearance as it's the weekend before:

tmp_8220-IMG_20170131_1807181531127533.jpg.2eec3b03adc9b90dbec6102a6f4225ca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Anderson paak is way too far down on that lineup. If he somehow got announced for the Bon Iver day I'd be a happy happy boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Mick Jenkins and Denis Sulta are so far down as well. Really hope both play

Won't be around for it myself but plenty of acts on that line up who would be great additions to FF. Frank Ocean or A Tribe Called Quest could be a good option for a headliner, Forbidden Fruit have had a few big hip hop acts the past few years. Denis Sulta is in Belfast for AVA the same weekend so he could be a good shout to play at it. I would be raging if I missed Armand Van Helden, I saw him at Oxegen in 2010 and he was brilliant, don't think he has played in Ireland since..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

MattD wrote: »
    Anderson paak is way too far down on that lineup. If he somehow got announced for the Bon Iver day I'd be a happy happy boy.

Anderson. Paak already has two shows lined up for Ireland this year.

In support of Bruno Mars in the 3 Arena in April...

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for his own shows, though. I think we're well overdue!!

Advertisement