Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Surely they'd let you bring a drawstring bag in? The women will definitely be allowed
    backpacks and rucksacks it said i think? or maybe that was Slane.
    more to discourage people as they'll have to check them properly, i'm sure plenty of people will have small bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭buried

Just got into town, loads of young party people about Hueston Station trying to down the last of the bottled stash they have. No bags, none have bags of any sort. Some look like they went up to the gardens then came back the direction of train station, they could be using lockers in Hueston?, I dunno. I'm not going in till later, just want to catch Orbital tonight. Its all about tomorrow evening for me.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

buried wrote: »
    Just got into town, loads of young party people about Hueston Station trying to down the last of the bottled stash they have. No bags, none have bags of any sort. Some look like they went up to the gardens then came back the direction of train station, they could be using lockers in Hueston?, I dunno. I'm not going in till later, just want to catch Orbital tonight. Its all about tomorrow evening for me.

Not a bad idea, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Can anyone tell me if the Lighthouse Stage is tented or otherwise?

How's the ground down there today?

Not a bad idea, to be fair.

Yeah but just to be warned, I think if you go into the venue and then go back out, they won't let you back in the second time, I'm not sure about that but I think I seen that rule someplace. I was going to book the hotel beside the station but seen that little doozie so didn't bother.

I'd say the ground be grand, few little showers, beaming sunshine here at the moment at Christchurch

• Advertisement

buried wrote: »
    Yeah but just to be warned, I think if you go into the venue and then go back out, they won't let you back in the second time, I'm not sure about that but I think I seen that rule someplace. I was going to book the hotel beside the station but seen that little doozie so didn't bother.

I'd say the ground be grand, few little showers, beaming sunshine here at the moment at Christchurch

It's more that I'm coming up from bog land, and will have **** with me, going out straight after, so change of clothes may be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did anyone catch Paradox's set, what was it like?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Watching Sulta at AVA.

**** I'm feeling it now. C'mon ta ****, tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Aphex @ Field Day - words (mostly) fail me. Watching it on my tv is one thing, can't wait to bathe in the sonic and visual assault in person tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Only went for Orbital, but as usual they didn't disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

What's the ground like in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Paleblood wrote: »
    What's the ground like in there?

Held up pretty well, there was a torrential downpour during Orbital, but it seems to be pretty dry out there now it's probably had time to dry out a bit since.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Any need for wellies down there today or will normal non good shoes do?

I'll be wearing runners. I'm from the Midlands and people are never quite sure if wellies are part of my normal attire. So I'll be wearing Converse to avoid the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Ground was grand yesterday. Got a bit sloppy on the hill at the main stage during the downpour but say it's ok now. Wouldn't see any need for wellies.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

Did any women have bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

what are the bar prices lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Did any women have bags?

Yeah you can bring in bags no problem. They'll search thoroughly though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Casshern88 wrote: »

6 euro for a pint of bulmers or five lamps, 3 euro for bottle of coke, 2 for water.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

anyone manage to successfully sneak booze in ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

How were Orbital?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

€6 for Pints of Bulmers, Outcider and Five Lamps. €8 for Cocktails. Annoylingly if you want outcider or a cocktail you have to go a special bar for each, Bulmers and Five Lamps can be gotten in the Core Bar and over by the Bulmers live stage,
    Yeah you can bring in bags no problem. They'll search thoroughly though

Your wan just gave a cursory glance in the general direction of my bag. My friend who was behind me however was throughly searched. Must just have an innocent face! Seen lads in there with backpacks, no idea how they got in!

From the amount of empty naggins I saw on the ground plenty did.

Vinculus wrote: »
    How were Orbital?

Unreal craic. I got soaked for it. "The girl with the sun in her hair", it wasn't! It was beyond brilliant anyways. Great atmosphere. Can't wait for tonight. If you see a guy in white aphex logo t-shirt with black jacket going all out later tonight, come on over for a pinteen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Yeah search was a pat on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Amazing atmosphere here today, much better than last couple of years (which were great).

Easy access to bars and food, sunshine, no one acting the maggot and Peggy Gou in a tent.

Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Found Aphex Twin to be slightly underwhelming to be honest.

Aphex twin show was unreal. Was up the front, absolute next level entertainment. When the visuals of Tubridy/Enda/Leo/Twink came on I literally lost the piss out of my pants. The Machinedrum tune coming on was the hghlight for me also 10/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I would agree with the next level entertainment statement - for an electronic artist. Clearly the most accomplished artist there, thought he would of been better though, pretty good though. Wouldnt go back to this festival though myself - getting old i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Well that was something special. About four thousand people getting blasted with jungle which ends abruptly, followed by screeching analogue and white noise and bass. Unbelievably good. Sun Ra would approve.

• Advertisement

Aphex was the highlight for me but it was let down by a poor crowd. But that's city festivals for you. I'd love to see him with a Bloc type crowd.

Advertisement