Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen Anderson Paak by mistake at Pukkelpop last year and i thought he was really good and would def go see him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Orbital announced as the headliner for Saturday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

In an ideal world they'd have a late licence and be on no earlier than 11 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just grabbed my 3 day ticket there. Surprised that the early bird are still available to be honest.

Would love for Anderson Paak to be announced. Saw Mick Jenkins in the Academy recently, and he was excellent, so would agree with BOHtox on wanting him at Forbidden Fruit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Ah i was really hoping for a proper lineup announcement and not just 1 headliner

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Ah i was really hoping for a proper lineup announcement and not just 1 headliner

Is this a recent thing for some festivals to just drip feed announcements? Life festival has been doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

Is this a recent thing for some festivals to just drip feed announcements? Life festival has been doing that.

It's sh*t. Seems to be an Irish thing. Line-ups already announced much later than other European/UK festivals.
    Just give us the full line-up so we can decided on getting tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Orbital is a bit of a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Orbital is a bit of a coup.

Absolutely, this has made my Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Orbital and Booka Shade for Saturday, seems like it's shaping to be a very dancey day, maybe the Sunday will push towards a more rap/hip-hop vibe?

• Advertisement

MattD wrote: »
    Orbital and Booka Shade for Saturday, seems like it's shaping to be a very dancey day, maybe the Sunday will push towards a more rap/hip-hop vibe?

Where did you see Bookashade for the Sat, can't see anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Listed in their own tour dates:

https://www.bookashade.com/live

maximoose wrote: »
    Listed in their own tour dates:

https://www.bookashade.com/live

Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

16508832_1281486591898263_4979688451982889472_n.png?oh=ea4783909a51d632258ab2fb5c546ab4&oe=59434654

Looking forward to reading bodhrandude's reaction to this great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Day tickets on sale this Wednesday according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wanted it to be Electric Picnic this year, right I'm gonna burn down Forbidden Fruit ha ha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Anyone see Aphex Twin last time he was at FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Anyone see Aphex Twin last time he was at FF?

I think there were a few thousand in the audience.

(Soz)

Wooderson wrote: »
    I think there were a few thousand in the audience.

(Soz)

Haha, had to be done. Any boardsies had the pleasure of being there in 2011?

• Advertisement

Yeah was at the 2011 one which was amazing but I always thought FF shared the same acts over a space of a few years with EP seemingly not. Just wanted to see him at a camping festival that is not Oxegen. Ah well, might as well top myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he was pretty good in 2011, there's an audio recording of the whole thing floating around online, and amateur video of the whole thing on youtube (or used to be anyway).
    can't believe it was 6 years ago tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I was there mate, yep. Loved it.

How much are day tickets normally for this, price has probably changed since 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

How much are day tickets normally for this, price has probably changed since 2011.

From the FF site:

9PDqlRN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Was there for him in 2011 - also loved it. Haven't been back to this in a fair few years, think 2012 was my last one - that will have to change in 2017. Must see.

Year plan to date: RTJ, Angel Olsen, Forbidden Fruit, Body&Soul, Radiohead, EP.

Shaping up nicely :)

€49.50 for first release day ticket is very reasonable. Will be purchasing my Sunday ticket Wednesday morning so.

I've got my family on the case to get me a Sunday ticket for my birthday, here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I was there too. One of my top 10 gig moments ever was when he mixed Autechre's "Vletrmx21" over "Spider Silk" by Lakker. The weather was also really good that day, if I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Was there in 2011 - I really enjoyed it, but I had a few mates who didnt like it at all. He was on right after Caribou, who managed to get the crowd into a great buzz. Perhaps that might have affected some peoples enjoyment of it - anyways, they shuffled off into Button Factory for the Caribou DJ set.

Went to Oxegen in '08 for the day just to see Aphex Twin - wasnt let down, that was some show. Helped by the fact that it was on in a tent I think. Battles and Tricky were on just before him too, I think.

Advertisement