Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was there in 2011 - I really enjoyed it, but I had a few mates who didnt like it at all. He was on right after Caribou, who managed to get the crowd into a great buzz. Perhaps that might have affected some peoples enjoyment of it - anyways, they shuffled off into Button Factory for the Caribou DJ set.

Went to Oxegen in '08 for the day just to see Aphex Twin - wasnt let down, that was some show. Helped by the fact that it was on in a tent I think. Battles and Tricky were on just before him too, I think.

I was there for Battles and by god they were unreal (even though they had serious problems with their gear)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Moderat just announced playing Sun on their website!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

BananaR wrote: »
    Moderat just announced playing Sun on their website!!

Moderat and Aphex Twin on at the same time?

Moderat and Aphex Twin on at the same time?

I most very hope not!.... Unless for collaboration type purposes... rather than clashing

http://moderat.fm/new-tour-festival-dates-in-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

their website says Aphex Twin Sunday headline...lets hope it's not a hacked website :D

• Advertisement

Aphex Twin headline main stage - Moderat in tent?

Aphex Twin headline main stage - Moderat in tent?

doesn't really matter does it? it's Aphex Twin...:D:D:D

doesn't really matter does it? it's Aphex Twin...:D:D:D

Not in the slightest! FF bringing its A game so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now that I got a ticket, C'mon Bulmers do the right thing and book the Zombies, they have carried you for many summers on Its the time of the season, that sold you pint loads and crate loads through the summer and they are playing Primavera around the same period.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Was there in 2011 - I really enjoyed it, but I had a few mates who didnt like it at all. He was on right after Caribou, who managed to get the crowd into a great buzz. Perhaps that might have affected some peoples enjoyment of it - anyways, they shuffled off into Button Factory for the Caribou DJ set.

Went to Oxegen in '08 for the day just to see Aphex Twin - wasnt let down, that was some show. Helped by the fact that it was on in a tent I think. Battles and Tricky were on just before him too, I think.

Also saw him in 2010 in Scotland at the RockNess festival, fecking amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just now:
    We are delighted to announce Moderat, Maceo Plex, Motor City Drum Ensemble, NAO, KiNK & Mall Grab will be joining us at Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017. Time to get your tickets! www.forbiddenfruit.ie

Booka Shade not deemed poster worthy yet. They are really taking this drip feeding seriously....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Maceo Plex aswell, this is turning into a beast of a lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Booka Shade not deemed poster worthy yet. They are really taking this drip feeding seriously....

Yeah found that odd.

Initially disappointed to see Bookashade & Orbital on the Sat, Moderat & Aphex on the Sun. Means I'll just have to go both days so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yeah found that odd.

Initially disappointed to see Bookashade & Orbital on the Sat, Moderat & Aphex on the Sun. Means I'll just have to go both days so :D
    That's generally the plan of promoters, split similar stuff up so that people feel they have to pay for full weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

That's generally the plan of promoters, split similar stuff up so that people feel they have to pay for full weekend

D'uh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The Saturday & Sunday ticket for 100 quid is as good as value gets in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Lineup from another Bon Iver curated festival, it's happening a few weeks after FF. Could see some of the same names popping up at this as well

C4J7pAXUcAAkluA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Lineup from another Bon Iver curated festival, it's happening a few weeks after FF. Could see some of the same names popping up at this as well

C4J7pAXUcAAkluA.jpg

Would be delighted with Francis and the lights... new album is really good.

Hello Forbidden Fruit thread its been a while since you were posted on, whats the craic? Nao has been added to the line up, I'm not sure what day though.

16683804_1296393617074227_870730253599506216_n.png?oh=589f0d64008083621ddebacb44c55a05&oe=5935FCB3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 brains481

Anyone know how tough FF is on ID's and whatnot? I'm 17 and going, and though my brother has offered his ID, I'm not 100% certain on how strict they are exactly. Is there anyone who has gone before have any insight into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Hello Forbidden Fruit thread its been a while since you were posted on, whats the craic? Nao has been added to the line up, I'm not sure what day though.

16683804_1296393617074227_870730253599506216_n.png?oh=589f0d64008083621ddebacb44c55a05&oe=5935FCB3

Enjoyed her set at the Pic last year.

brains481 wrote: »
    Anyone know how tough FF is on ID's and whatnot? I'm 17 and going, and though my brother has offered his ID, I'm not 100% certain on how strict they are exactly. Is there anyone who has gone before have any insight into this?

Here we go with the ID questions, brains as long as you don't look 14 it should be OK, it might be a different story if you try to get a pint though.

Here we go with the ID questions, brains as long as you don't look 14 it should be OK, it might be a different story if you try to get a pint though.

if you get in then there will be no problem buying a pint. Just look respectable (not drunk/high) as you go through the security checks and you should be fine.

I think I may have found the music equivalent to the Waterford Whispers News, headline reads "Aphex Twin's Syro makes me think too much", moans Calvin Harris fan."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Booka Shade, Tycho, Jax Jones, Fatima Yamaha, Snakehips and Hot Chip (DJ Set) added to the line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Booka Shade must have some sort of incriminating evidence on POD to constantly get booked for their festivals.

day breakdown next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

VERY happy to see Tycho added - their show in Button Factory in 2014 for Awake was one of my favorite of the year.

Just wish I had known about the other headliners when I got my Monday ticket before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Some new "big additions" and day breakdowns expected today, according to the festivals FB page

https://www.facebook.com/forbiddenfruitfestival/photos/a.181773508536249.37150.156564297723837/1313818688665053/?type=3

Advertisement