Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was looking at the Moderat Coachella footage and I see their set was about 55 minutes, if they are up against Aphex Twin on another stage it means their set will probably kick off about half an hour to 40 minutes into the Aphex Twin set. If I guess right Moderat's will start at 9.45 pm or something like that. unless Moderat is subbing for Aphex, but that wouldn't make sense and they are also a visual stimulation type show suited to the marquee stage. More likely it could be Nicolas Jaar leading the way to Aphex.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

There was a post on FF's Facebook page:

"#ThrowbackThursday - Groove Armada closing out the second stage of the Bank Holiday Sunday last year, this year Maceo Plex will be stepping up".

So would that mean Moderat could be on the main stage before Aphex Twin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

damn, want to see Maceo Plex and Aphex Twin. hopefully someone books MP for an afterparty.

This was the one I meant to pop in, Aphex Twin dropped this at the Oxegen set in 2008 and he recently added it again to his current set, or the last one he played in Houston in December.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 brains481

Would still like some input on the ''under 18'' thing; even though I know the question is ridiculously cliché on here and I cringed at myself asking it a bit, I'd still like some more opinions on it, especially those who have been to previous iterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't understand?

brains481 wrote: »
    Would still like some input on the ''under 18'' thing; even though I know the question is ridiculously clich? on here and I cringed at myself asking it a bit, I'd still like some more opinions on it, especially those who have been to previous iterations.

Question was answered on the previous page, you should be alright. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102791548&postcount=84

Edit: My bad its the same poster I'm replying to from previous page, could someone allay this guys fears about underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

I saw people being ID'd and turned away at it last year.

You're chancing you arm basically, you may be grand. Or you may be refused and have wasted the money/effort. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you a definitive answer because its entirely down to the security staff who're there as you're walking on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Does FF usually sell out or would there be tickets available on the day, the Saturday specifically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Does FF usually sell out or would there be tickets available on the day, the Saturday specifically?

It sold out on the Sunday last year but from what I remember there were still a few Saturday tickets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I was at that set. It was excellent. Before the set I noticed the big screen displayed a message informing the audience that Moderat is a dark set and please refrain from using any flash photography or phones.
    Moderat benefit from playing inside a dark tent so I presumed they would do similar at FF. Has anyone seem them play on an outdoor stage?

Not long to this now, I'll be doing my doodles and skoodles. :) Festival no 1 for me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I am holding off to see will may more be added. Have they downsized it in recent years? I was at the first one I thought there were way more acts than this

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Any word on the night-time line-up for this (The club nights in town)? Hoping for Maceo Plex somewhere as expecting a clash with Aphex or Jaar at the main festival....

Also anyone head in to any of the late night stuff last year - was it a case of buy an additional ticket to your gig and then getting in was fairly straightforward?

One of the first years of FF I went to Caribou AND The Field @ Button Factory. If memory serves (and I wouldn't be trusting my memories of that night too far!) getting in the door was a little messy even though I had an advance ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I was at that set. It was excellent. Before the set I noticed the big screen displayed a message informing the audience that Moderat is a dark set and please refrain from using any flash photography or phones.
    Moderat benefit from playing inside a dark tent so I presumed they would do similar at FF. Has anyone seem them play on an outdoor stage?
    Saw them outdoors in Primavera, indoors is definitely better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Any word on the night-time line-up for this (The club nights in town)? Hoping for Maceo Plex somewhere as expecting a clash with Aphex or Jaar at the main festival....

Also anyone head in to any of the late night stuff last year - was it a case of buy an additional ticket to your gig and then getting in was fairly straightforward?

Ditto, Plex in the Button Factory after would be delightful.

I went to Tale of Us in the Button Factory on the Saturday last year. Bought the ticket in advance, 10 or 15 quid I think. Just walked in with no queuing/hassle. You could also pay at the door, 20 quid I think. Wasn't too packed was grand. Left after 3 and they were still going.

Hopefully on Thursday 1st June Primavera will be streaming some of the sets, some acts no doubt destined for Forbidden Fruit too. I'm hoping seeing Aphex Twin is headlining they might stream his full set, his first gig of 2017. Then he plays Field Day on Saturday and to us on Sunday woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Why is there such a low demand for tickets this year? You can still get tickets for pretty much any day!

• Advertisement

Why is there such a low demand for tickets this year? You can still get tickets for pretty much any day!

Yeah I agree, especially with the line up on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think it was the same last year, for some reason. I'd say its because a big portion of the crowd go to Life festival which is the week before, and then Longitude in July.

Probably improves the overall crowd/atmosphere at FF, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

How easy is it to sneak drink into based on previous years? unfortunately funds are tight so will be trying to smuggle a naggin or two in.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    How easy is it to sneak drink into based on previous years? unfortunately funds are tight so will be trying to smuggle a naggin or two in.

Get two bottles of water. Cut the top off one just below the seal. Place the cut off bit into boiling water and you can jam a knife in under the bottle cover/seal, squish the plastic inside of that a little, and you slide the cover off totally in tact.

Then you can just empty your other bottle of water, fill it with vodka, and pop the lid back on complete with a seal. Literally nobody can tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Casshern88 wrote: »

Handy enough if you just gooch a small bottle or hip flask

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Knex. wrote: »
    Get two bottles of water. Cut the top off one just below the seal. Place the cut off bit into boiling water and you can jam a knife in under the bottle cover/seal, squish the plastic inside of that a little, and you slide the cover off totally in tact.

Then you can just empty your other bottle of water, fill it with vodka, and pop the lid back on complete with a seal. Literally nobody can tell the difference.

but security might say 'no liquids' and you're stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Handy enough if you just gooch a small bottle or hip flask

Kudos for using as a verb

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Plex in the Button Factory after would be delightful.

Your wish is their command!
    Forbidden Fruit Night is a series of after-parties in official locations around the city running until 3am over the three nights of the festival & featuring some of Dublin's best collectives joined by international guests on and off the festival line up. Exclusively for those that attend Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017.

Saturday 3rd:
    Button Factory: Booka Shade & Mulljoy
    Opium Rooms: Snakehips & Lui - DJ, Dan Stritch & Hidden Flux
    The Grand Social: Mall Grab, 67, Bobby Basil, Bobofunk, Tjugo Lax with Welcome.
    Wah Wah Club: Ghost Culture and more to be announced!
    Yamamori Tengu: Special Guests to be announced!
    Wigwam: Hot Chip (DJ Set)
    Mother Club

Sunday 4th:
    Button Factory: Maceo Plex & Gardens of God, Ellum at Sense.
    Wah Wah Club: Denis Sulta & Jack Thompson.
    The Grand Social: District Magazine: Brame & Hamo & more.
    Opium Rooms: KiNK, Hybrasil & Hidden Flux.
    Yamamori Tengu: Peggy Gou, Eve & More.
    Wigwam: Special Guests to be announced!
    The Chelsea Drugstore Basement: Special Guests to be announced!

Monday 5th:
    Button Factory: DJ Deece at NO
    The Grand Social: Wastefellow & more
    The Chelsea Drugstore Basement: Orange Tree Edits & Pear DJ's

** TICKETS **

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ONLY AT THE FESTIVAL, EXCLUSIVELY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A FORBIDDEN FRUIT FESTIVAL WRISTBAND OR RELEVANT DAY TICKET!

I expect MCDE will be announced as the special guest @ Wigwam on the Sunday night.

Is there any chance that Aphex Twin would do a club gig???! I guess not...

• Advertisement

but security might say 'no liquids' and you're stumped.

Crap, you're right. Says it on their website.

http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/info/donts/

You'd think they'd allow the standard, one sealed bottle of water.

Advertisement