Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Knex. wrote: »
    You'd think they'd allow the standard, one sealed bottle of water.

Have also been to a few outdoor festivals/gigs in Dublin where they do a smell test on any plastic bottles people may be carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Considering water is free inside the festival I think its fair enough they reject outside bottles of liquid, given they're more than likely booze filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Anyone know if Nicolas Jaar is playing live or DJ set?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nechtan wrote: »
    Anyone know if Nicolas Jaar is playing live or DJ set?

Primavera is apparently streaming some of the sets, so you might get a chance to check out his set there before Forbidden Fruit.

From a month ago.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Good god I'm looking forward to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Sunday 2 weeks can't come quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If the weather is even remotely like it was last year, this will an outrageously good weekend.

3-Day Weekend Tickets have now sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

3-Day Weekend Tickets have now sold out!

This post made me get off the fence and buy a Saturday ticket.

Very satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

I have a ticket for the Monday, but I can't decide between the Saturday and the Sunday. I can only go to one, like the artists on both days. Never been before, any recommendations? Is sit likely that Murra Mass will play at any of the after parties?

Selling out it seems, need to decide soon :v

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I have a ticket for the Monday, but I can't decide between the Saturday and the Sunday. I can only go to one, like the artists on both days. Never been before, any recommendations? Is sit likely that Murra Mass will play at any of the after parties?

Flip a coin, whichever day pops into your head before the coin lands, take that day.

You can't go wrong with either anyway, to be fair! Or if its a financial thing, a friend of mine is selling a two day ticket. I can find out what's the cheapest he'll ship it on for.

I'd go with Aphex Twin seeing as this is his first Irish gig in 6 years. I don't know much of Orbital's music so perhaps I'm biased towards Aphex Twin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looks like Aphex Twin has some sort of new house music project coming out. wonder if his set at FF will be a bit more house-y and less....Aphex-y :pac:

http://www.stereogum.com/1942415/aphex-twin-is-teasing-a-mysterious-house-music-project/video/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

doesn't Aphex-y pretty much mean anything goes though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Unlikely but would lose it if he dropped didgeridoo like he did in Cornwall back in the 90s. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any word on stage times yet? At this time last year they'd been released I believe.

When are the stage times going to be released its almost upon us now.

Jeremy Underground is playing in Index after FF on Sunday night which might interest some people. only a 15min walk from IMMA or a few mins on the Luas.
    kind of surprised he's not on the FF lineup if he's playing Dublin that night, he's gdone b2b with MCDE a few times in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/events/274144433046572/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

When are the stage times going to be released its almost upon us now.

I saw a reply (from Forbidden Fruit) to this question on their Facebook page saying Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Stage times are in Hot Press, had a peek while I was in the local Spar

Billy Mays wrote: »

Feck that you have to pay for that, when are they going to be published online, usually Nialler would have them up in his blog.

Edit: I've got the stage and time splits for the 2014 one if thats any help to anyone. :D:D:D
    http://nialler9.com/forbidden-fruit-stage-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Billy Mays wrote: »
    maybe someone could take a sneaky pic of them and share it?

Consider it done! took a detour on the way to get lunch to find it! :D

o77ANge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Consider it done!

huHbBkr_d.jpg

Tycho clash/overlap with Orbital was to be expected I suppose. Have been waiting to see Tycho for quite a few years now and have seen Orbital multiple times over the years ... so easy enough choice for me anyway.

Also, is "Motor City Drum Essemlby" (sic) a tribute act, or the saddest typo ever? Too lazy to do a quick Google, Hot Press?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Man, the formatting in that picture is horrendous. What editor saw that and though it looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Man, the formatting in that picture is horrendous. What editor saw that and though it looked good.

Completely agree, should be done by Sat/Sun/Mon and then by stages.

Looks brutal and difficult to read/understand

yeah it's pretty confusing, when trying to figure out clashes I keep forgetting that the act's time is above it, rather than below.

• Advertisement

yeah it's pretty confusing, when trying to figure out clashes I keep forgetting that the act's time is above it, rather than below.

Some of the other stages are listed at the bottom of the page too.

Advertisement