Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit Festival 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Seen on facebook that Five lamps lager well be served. Better than the normal pi55

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Naggin, anyone?

Absolutely worth a try anyway.

I live in the apartments across the road from this. I'm half tempted to pop over later and bury a load of drink in the corner somewhere :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Weather looks good, nothing like Slane thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,909 ✭✭✭✭Basq

With no Bon Iver announced for Glasto today (it was always unlikely), might need to see if I can pick a ticket up. Seems to be plentiful enough for Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Basq wrote: »
    With no Bon Iver announced for Glasto today (it was always unlikely), might need to see if I can pick a ticket up. Seems to be plentiful enough for Monday.

Yeah you should pick one up for 50 on toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Aphex Twin is streaming from Field Day on Saturday night. Off to Kraftwerk myself but I cannot wait for his show on Sunday.

http://nts.live/aphex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dasdog wrote: »
    Off to Kraftwerk myself but I cannot wait for his show on Sunday.

It's gonna be something special lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

What should one expect from the Aphex Twin live show?

Catching up on his work and I'm finding a lot of ambient stuff...presume his actual set will be a bit more lively!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Catching up on his work and I'm finding a lot of ambient stuff...presume his actual set will be a bit more lively!
    less of the ambient stuff, more bat**** crazy stuff

• Advertisement

official after-parties:

18740303_1391826927530895_7356686148050251965_n.jpg?oh=fc06e1f5ec2468a6691dc8c10725a9f2&oe=59A7E201

unofficial;
    Saturday:
    Boys Noize at District 8
    Head Front Panel (John Heckle) at Index

Sunday:
    Altern-8 at District 8
    Jeremy Underground at Index

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Day For Night setlist. December 2016:

1. Refuge - (Baudouin Oosterlynck cover)
    2. Posers - (Andy Stott cover)
    3. Great God Pan - (Sd Laika cover)
    4. Samurai - (EPROM cover)
    5. Nag Champa Breaks - (Heorge Garrison)
    6. 685-471 2 - (NRSB-11 cover)
    7. DMT Usher - (Fis cover)
    8. hmn fshn - (Qebrus cover)
    9. Burning Tories
    10. Krypton 84 - (Der Zyklus cover)
    11.Ryan Davis Rethink- (?lafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm cover)
    12. Guantanamo - (Jlin)
    13. Tamclamp 2- (user18081971 track) Soundcloud dump
    14. Infrared (Bagua) - (Jlin)
    15. Rider - (Powell cover)
    16. Erotic Heat - (Jlin)
    17. Concrete Fence
    18. Aphex Twin - Hedphelym
    19. LUMI - (DJ Nigga-Fox cover)
    20. Set Up 707 - (Edge of Motion cover)
    21. ANGST- (HVAD cover)
    22. Gear Up -(Current Value cover)
    23. Aphex Twin - Polynomial-C (Acid Version)
    24. Brace Yourself Jason - (u-ziq)
    25. Eruption - (X-103 cover)
    26. Nightmail 1 - (user18081971 track) Soundcloud Dump
    27. Rushup | Bank 12 - (The Tuss track)
    28. 13 High Hats Tune Tamclap Orig - (user18081971 track) Soundcloud Dump
    29. Aphex Twin - 73-Yips (On Ep)
    30. The Anti-Citizen - (Hellfish cover)
    31. Yuo're Life You'r Tsois - (Rolando Simmons cover)
    32. Vlcnmtr - (Qebrus cover)
    33. Reconstruction - (Jay Dee cover) (Aphex Twin & Squarepusher collaboration)
    34. Dirty City - (Paradox cover)
    35. Dubplate Pressure RMX (feat. MC GQ) - (Sniper cover)
    36. Deckards Theme - (Dom & Roland cover)

He played tracks from Selected Ambient Works 85-92 (Hedphelym). the ON EP (73-yips). Three tracks from his Soundcloud Dump (Tamclap 2), (Nightmail 1), (13 high hats tune tamclap original). Polymonial C (Acid Version) from Classics, he apparently played that live. A track from his Tuss album Rushup Edge (Rushup | Bank 12). As well as tracks from his label mates Mike Paradinas (u-ziq), Squarepusher and Rolando Simmons. Most of his playlists would feature similar artists to his type of music and he covers a wide genre from house, techno, DnB, Jungle, ambient techno, gabber and sometimes industrial noise.

Edit: When I copied and pasted setlist it was a mess so I tidied it up a bit hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Cheers all - it will be an interesting couple of hours by the sounds of things!

Any recommendations for the Sunday after parties? Maceo Plex would be good but not sold on the idea of the Button Factory...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Hot Chip in Wigwam would be decent, probably be rammed though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jeremy Underground is in Index on Sunday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's a few missing from that list, I think?

http://www.forbiddenfruit.ie/night/

Thinking Snakehips in Opium Rooms Friday, as much for the size of the venue as anything. Will be hard not to go to see Maceo Plex on the Friday, although like WB above, not sold on the Button Factory.

Probably have a great time wherever you end up though, by that stage!

Cheers all - it will be an interesting couple of hours by the sounds of things!

Any recommendations for the Sunday after parties? Maceo Plex would be good but not sold on the idea of the Button Factory...
    Jeremy Underground in Index or Peggy Gou/Eve in Tengu would be my choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Could you not theoretically see half and half, Orbital starts half an hour earlier, so watch the first half of Orbital then watch the second half of Tycho, you'll get the best of both worlds that way. :)

You could theoretically, but for me Orbital trump Tycho, not even a contest!

Loving Mall Grab, anyone know is it a DJ set or will he be playing his own stuff?

District 8 After Party gigs for Forbidden Fruit.

03/06/17 - Boys Noize
    04/06/17 - Altern 8

Five euro off entry with Forbidden Fruit ticket.

http://mailchi.mp/archetype/joseph-capriati-at-district-539938?e=e0b8116604

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

LG1234 wrote: »
    You could theoretically, but for me Orbital trump Tycho, not even a contest!

Loving Mall Grab, anyone know is it a DJ set or will he be playing his own stuff?

hmmm .. have seen orbital probably 10 times over the years and have never seen Tycho ... so for me it is a contest and a tough decision to make.

Half and half has never been a great experience for me as you just don't get the full experience of either show really. Plus it is the second half of Orbital's set that usually makes it an amazing experience. It's a tough tough call and I am still not decided.

• Advertisement

Threw a mix together if anyone's stuck for something to bang on at an afters :)

https://www.mixcloud.com/luke-cameron2/paraplegic-jellyfish/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

2-day tickets have now sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Is there wristbands? Went a few years ago and the ticket just scanned both days (meaning you couldn't go in and out on the one day)

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Is there wristbands? Went a few years ago and the ticket just scanned both days (meaning you couldn't go in and out on the one day)

Wristbands last year for two day tickets

Just trying to suss all my Dublin friends on Facebook, I'm trying to organise a crash after the festival rather than take the overnight bus back to Galway, I can't imagine being twisted having to take a three hour bus journey. Option 2 is that my mate takes the camper and we find a campervan area somewhere in Dublin, but thats 100 euro straightaway in just fuel costs.

Got sorted for a place to stay, woo hoo! Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

It's looking like a fair bit of rain this weekend, does anyone know how the grounds on the hospital will deal with the rain? Should I bring wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dcfc91 wrote: »
    It's looking like a fair bit of rain this weekend, does anyone know how the grounds on the hospital will deal with the rain? Should I bring wellies?

it usually holds up well, grass is long in parts. The only slippy areas could be down the slope along the main stage. I'm not bringing wellies, might throw on a pair of hiking shoes, more comfortable than wellies.

dasdog wrote: »
    Aphex Twin is streaming from Field Day on Saturday night. Off to Kraftwerk myself but I cannot wait for his show on Sunday.

http://nts.live/aphex

Set kicks off at 8.55 pm.

https://www.timeout.com/london/music/field-day-stage-times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Are there any site maps for this year bouncing around online yet? Would be handy to have a map to save to my phone before heading along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

it usually holds up well, grass is long in parts. The only slippy areas could be down the slope along the main stage. I'm not bringing wellies, might throw on a pair of hiking shoes, more comfortable than wellies.

Cheers for that, never been before, so wasn't sure how it would hold up.

Advertisement