Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sets of faahve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

SSB: 90kg x 12, 12, 8, 12. Dunno what happened on 3rd set; just felt wrecked. Took some MTFU and completed my last set properly.

BB lunge: 40kg x 12, 12, 8, 8. Just absolutely wrecked. Not sure why.

Seated calf raise: 4x12 @ 40kg. Grand. Leg extension/curl machine was busy so did calves first.

Standing calf raise: 4x12 @ 20kg. Grand.

Leg extension: 1x12 @ 30kg and 3x15 @ 35kg. Hard. Supersetted with below

Hamstring curl: 25kg x 15, 15, 15, 12. Hard.

Have eaten properly and had a decent sleep. Just chalking it down to being a bad day.

This is going to be my last week going PHUL. I'm starting a new job from next week and I won't be able to dedicate the same 4 days to this routine. Which is a shame, because this routine has definitely benefitted me.

Bench: 4x3 @ 85kg. Really, really was my absolute limit. Gonna have to dial this back a bit going forward.

Incline DB bench: 4x10 @ 22.5kg. Tidier than last week.

Pullup: BE x 7, 8, 7, 7. Happy.

BB row: 60kg x 5, 2x5 @ 70kg, 1x5 @ 60kg. Felt weak. Weight was pushing me around at 70, so dropped back.

OHP: 3x8 @ 35kg. Same weight as last week because I wanted to see if it was a fluke. Completed it, but was hard.

EZ skulls and curls: 3x10 @ 23kg. Same weight, still hard. Bleh

Squat: 4x3 @ 120kg. Have also reached my limit here. Form was solid, at least.

Deadlift: 1x3 @ 140kg. Recorded and paid attention to my warmups this time. Kinda got the hang of what I was doing wrong last week (tilt pelvis to pull on hamstrings until feet feel heavier), but still not 100% convinced it was right. Video showed a slightly rounded back that I didn't have once upon a time. Decided to do one top set instead of 4, and called it. Disappointed.

Leg press: 4x15 @ 100kg. Lower back started to get sore here so maybe it wasn't dodgy deadlifts hurting me the last two weeks? Called it after 4 sets, instead of the intended 5.

Hamstring curl: 4x10 @ 25kg. Grand.

Seated calf raise: 4x10 @ 42.5kg. Grand.

Annoying day. At least squats felt good.

As it is my last week on PHUL, I decided to push the weight on some accessories and be on the lower end of the rep ranges.

Incline bench: 4x8 @ 55kg. Grand.

DB chest fly: 4x10 @ 15kg. Grand. Coulda gone for more reps.

Cable row: 4x15 @ 71kg. Grand.

One-arm DB row: 25kg x 10 and 30kg x 8, 8, 8. Grand.

Lateral raises: 4x10 @ 7.5kg. Could afford extra rests so was able to do better on these.

Incline curl: 4x10 @ 10kg. Grand.

Tricep extension: 4x12 @ 23kg. Grand.

Lots of 'grand' today. Not bad, considering I had been working on the garden before the gym.

Haven't trained in just over two weeks. Trying to get used to new schedule of job. Unlikely I'll be able to fit in anything beyond 3 days/week with one of those being a short session.

Paused SSB squat: 3x8 @ 80kg. Think this is my first time with this specific variation. Grand.

RDL: 3x8 @ 80kg. Bit too easy. Wasn't quite snatch grip, but was widening my grip as the sets went on.

OHP/pullup superset: 3x5 @ 40kg and 3x6 @ BW. Grand.

BB lunges: 3x5 @ 40kg. Strength-wise, fine, but I was kinda imbalanced.

More greasing the groove than anything else. Also trying to suss out how much time it takes to do the above.

• Advertisement

Short Wednesday session. Upper only.

Bench: 4x8 @ 65kg. First time benching in approx 3 weeks so was bound to be a bit weak. Couldn't have asked for more than this tbh.

One-arm DB row: 4x10 @ 22.5kg. Grand.

Lateral raise: 4x12 @ 5kg. Grand.

Did some facepulls and tricep extensions at whatever weight that made my muscles kinda tired for 15 reps.

Better than nothing.

Forgot to log for Monday 19th.

Paused SSB: 4x8 @ 80kg. Too easy. Should have gone heavier.

Stiff leg DL: 4x3 @ 100kg. Dunno what happened, but became drained of energy and couldn't get my head right.

OHP/pullup: 4x5 @ 40kg/ 6 @ BW. Grand.

Split squat: 5s @ 20kg. Practised these with bodyweight at home and got a great stretch out of them, so just sussing them out with a barbell.

Again, better than nothing.

Bench: 4x8 @ 67.5kg. Easier than expected. Cool.

Incline DB bench: 4x10 @ 20kg. Grand.

One arm DB rows: 50reps each arm with 20kg. Grand, but tiring the way i did it.

Lateral raise: 4x12 @ 5kg. Grand.

Finished with 15s on facepulls and tricep extensions.

Grand evening.

Paused SSB squat: 3x8 @ 90kg. Threw some extra weight on the bar because Monday was far too easy. Moved well but absolutely exhausted me.

RDL: 4x10 @ 90kg. Grand

OHP/pullup: 3x6/6 @ 40kg/BW. Was exhausted at this stage so this was tough.

Leg press: 3x15 @ 75kg. Wanted to do leg extension/curls but machine was being used. Grand.

I'm getting tired very easily these days. Don't think having two weeks off training can explain this; must be the heat and/or humidity

Paused SSB squat: 4x8 @ 90kg. Actually completely the sets i intented on Friday and it was easier to move. Progress.

RDL: 4x10 @ 90kg. Too easy.

OHP/pullup: 3x6 @ 40kg/BW. Grand.

Leg extension/curl: 20/20 and 20/18 @ 25kg/20kg. Legs were tired doing these.

Grand day. It's 5C lower than Friday so could explain why things were easier.

• Advertisement

No session in a week due to family commitments.

Paused SSB squat: 3x8 @ 90kg. Same weight but felt way heavier.

RDL: 3x10 @ 100kg. Up in weight. Felt it in my hammies big time after first set. Usually takes a few hours.

OHP/pullup: 3x6 @ 40kg/BW. Grand.

Leg extension/curl: 30kg/25kg for 15/15, 15/15 and 15/11. Hard.

Another case of 'something is better than nothing'.

Bench: 4x8 @ 65kg. Hadn't benched last week so this seemed right.

Lateral raise/one arm DB: 3x 12/12 @ 5kg/27.5kg. Laterals fine but rows hard.

Finished with 3x15 facepulls and tricep extensions at whatever weight.

Kids were a nightmare to put to bed so got to the gym late. Had to make this a really short session.

Paused SSB squat: 3x8 @ 95kg. Heavy.

Deadlift: 1x3 @ 130kg. Haven't pulled from the floor, aside from getting RDLs se up, in over a month. Just wanted to see where my beltless was at. Was surprisingly ok.

OHP/pullup: 3x7 @ 40kg/BW. Grand.

Belt squat/45 raise: 2x15 @ 50kg/BW. Messed up the belt squat weight and thought it was 100kg. It was easy and only knew why afterwards .

Something is better than nothing.

Paused SSB squat: 3x8 @ 100kg. Milestone achieved. Grand.

RDL: 2x10 @ 100kg. Same weight but less sets as last week.

OHP/pullup: 3x8 @ 40kg/BW. Happy with this.

Leg extension/curl: 30kg/25kg for 2x15. Hard.

I was completely drained this morning and had to rest extra long between sets, which meant cutting back on sets overall. Strength was there; energy wasn't. I'll take it.

Bench: 4x8 @ 70kg. Up from last week. Happy with this.

Incline DB bench: 3x10 @ 22.5kg. Grand.

One arm DB row/lateral raise: 4x10/12 @ 27.5kg/5kg. Rows grand but laterals hard.

Facepulls and tricep extensions to finish, as per usual

No rushing this evening so no need to skip anything. Nice.

Paused SSB squat: 4x6 @ 102.5kg. Yeah, those 5kg jumps weren't going to last forever.

Deadlift: 3x5 @ 120kg. Was good. Beltless. This year, I've had trouble being consistent with more than 3 reps but this was fine. Now to do it with some actual weight...

OHP/pullup: 3x5/8 @ 42.5kg/BW. Grand. Will make pullups weighted next time.

Leg extension/curl: 3x15/10 @ 35kg/30kg. Urgh.

Something being better than nothing is better than being weaker than i was last week.

Family commitments meant nothing on Monday.

Bench: 5x6 @ 72.5kg. Up from last week but too heavy for 8s. 6s still hard.

Incline DB bench: 10, 9, 8 @ 25kg. Bit off more than i can chew here. Probably didn't help i used a bench with a slightly higher incline than last week.

One arm DB row/lateral raise: 4x10/12 @ 30kg/5kg. Rows harder than last week but laterals still hard.

Facepulls, tricep extensions and 5xBW pullups to finish. Threw in the pullups because I didn't train Monday.

Paused SSB squat: 3x6 @ 105kg. Was going to do 3x8 @ 100kg because I missed Monday but went up from the last time regardless. It was hard. So hard, that I opted against a 4th set.

RDL: 3x8 @ 110kg. Was kinda hard, but I expected it to be harder. Happy.

OHP/weighted pullup: 3x6/5 @ 42.5kg/5kg. First time doing weighted pullups in literally years when I was about 10kg heavier BW. Happy that a set of 5 felt like piss.

Ab wheel/DB split squat: 3x8/10 @ BW/10kgs (20kg). Decided to switch it up because I never train abs directly. Dis gonna be sore.

Paused squat: 5x3 @ 100kg. Beltless. Haven't LB squatted in about two months so decided to see where my form was at. Kept losing lower abdominal tension between reps and my head wasn't always upright. So a bit to work on. But the good news is that strength was there.

Deadlift: 3x5 @ 130kg. Meant to do 125kg but got plates mixed up. Happy it felt as easy when it did.

OHP/weighted pullup: 3x7/6 @ 42.5kg/5kg. Hard and hard. Still happy.

Leg extension/curl: 40kg x 20 and 30kg x 8. These were kinda AMRAPS because i had an ohjesuslookatthetime moment.

Good day after a tiring weekend 

Forgot to post this on Wednesday...

Bench: 1x1 @ 85kg and 3x6 @ 72.5kg. Single just to see where my top-end strength was at and the 6s were still hard.

Incline DB bench: 13, 10, 10 @ 22.5kg. Went down in weight and thought it would be easier than it was. Oh well.

One arm DB row/lateral raise: 3x10/10, 10, @ 30kg/7.5kg. Rows grand and went up in weight with laterals because I can't be on 5kg forever. They were hard as expected but I'm happy with them.

Facepulls and tricep extensions before going home.

• Advertisement

Squat: 5x3 @ 110kg. Beltless. Just practicing consistent repping. Happy to report that it's coming together fast and strength is there more than expected.

RDL: 3x8 @ 115kg. Grand. Happy.

OHP/weighted pullup: 3x8/7 @ 42.5kg/5kg. Absolute limit on OHP and hard on pullups. Still happy.

DB split squat/ab rollout: 3x 10/8 @ 10, 12.5, 15/BW. Split squat easy but abs on fire.

Squat: 4x3 @ 115kg. Beltless. Didn't have time to do any more because I messed up my morning routine.

Deadlift: 2x2 @ 150kg. Beltless. Just seeing how my top end strength is. Happy.

OHP/weighted pullup: 3x5/8 @ 45kg/5kg. OHP was harder than expected and completed pullups, but not happy with form.

Leg extension/lying leg curl: 2x20/15 @ 40kg/25kg. Hard.

Good day after another tiring weekend.

Got to gym late because children were a nightmare.

Bench: 1x1 @ 90kg and 3x4. @ 80kg. Single because I'm a moron without a plan and backoffs for same reason.

One arm DB row/lateral raise: 3x10 @ 32.5kg/7.5kg. Rows hard and laterals better than last week.

Facepulls and dips because I fancied something different. Did 3x10 @ BW on dips and jad room to spare, so could easily do weighted if i wanted. Happy with that.

Poor time management meant i got to gym late.

Squat: 1x1 @ 130kg and 3x3 @ 120kg. Threw on a belt this morning and see previous post about not having a plan.

Deadlift: 1x3 @ 155kg and 2x3 @ 140. The 155 was sort of a rep PR for me. I did 160x8 while doing JTS AI (albeit with awful form) and have done 170x3, but these were all at a higher bodyweight. This is a double bodyweight for reps PR. Kinda happy.

OHP/weighted pullup: 2x6/8 @ 45kg/5kg. OHP was still hard and still not happy with pullups form. Only two sets due to time.

Was hoping to get more done considering i won't be training on Monday. Oh well. Better than nothing.

Bench: 1x1 @ 92.5kg and 4x4. @ 77.5kg. Grand.

One arm DB row/lateral raise: 3x8 @ 30kg/10kg. In hindsight, i wasn't happy with my rows form last week so back down in weight and staying strict. Laterals up in weight because 7.5kg wasn't a challenge any more.

Dips/pullups: 3x10/5 @ BW/BW. Dips because why not and pullups because I didn't do any on Monday.

Facepulls to finish. Didn't bother supersetting with any tricep-ey because I already did dips.

Grand evening, despite the humidity.

Squat: 5x3 @ 110kg. Beltless, just because.

RDL: 3x8 @ 110kg. Grand. Bit too easy, if anything.

OHP/weighted pullup: 3x5/5 @ 45kg/5kg. Upper body just felt weak today so i held back a bit.

Leg extension/curl: 3x15/12 @ 45kg/25kg. Grand.

Decided to change things up a notch for a few weeks. Will do 4 sets of 4-6 on a main lift (gonna include dips), 6-8 on accessories and will deadlift on Wednesdays.

Squat: 4x6 @ 105kg. Beltless. Can't do triples forever. Felt good.

Weighted dip: 4x6 @ 5kg. Was a little too easy. Unweighted sets of 10 were simple so this isn't a surprise. Will move up next time.

Leg extension/lat pulldown: 4x8 @ 55kg/59kg. Leg extension PR or something. Grand. Had more in the tank but not 100% happy with form.

Triceps extension/one arm DB row: 4x8/8 @ 29kg/27.5kg. Rows less than last time because they felt weak during warmup. Everything ended up being grand altogether.

Deadlift: 6, 4, 5, 4 @ 140kg. Was supposed to be 4x6. I was considering going for 135kg but warmups felt great, so went for it. I stopped when i noticed form breakdown and i didn't actually fail any reps. I'll repeat this attempt next week.

Bench: 4x6 @ 75kg. Hard. Last rep was a grind.

45 hyper/lateral raise: 3x10/8 @ 10kg/10kg. Hypers were far too easy and laterals were hard.

One set of hamstring curls before I left before the gym closed. Didn't plan out my accessories properly as i didn't do any rows, which I bhad intended

Squat: 4x6 @ 107.5kg. Beltless. First two sets were harder than anticipated. Blamed Wednesday's deadlifts, but realised while setting up for third set that I was using a wider grip than usual. Fixed that, which made upper back toghter, which made it all easier.

Weighted dip: 4x6 @ 10kg. Started easy but latter sets got tough. Never close to failure though. Will go up 2.5 next time.

Leg extension/lat pulldown: 4x8 @ 55kg/65g. Leg extensions better than last time and pulldowns as hard as expected.

Triceps extension/one arm DB row: 4x8/8 @ 29kg/30kg. Everything kinda hard but ok.

Have been back on a caloric deficit the last few weeks and have really felt the weakness that brings about this week

• Advertisement

Squat: 4x6 @ 110kg. Beltless. Overall, better than Friday. Felt heavy but form felt solid and reps hardly slowed to the end.

Weighted dip: 4x6 @ 12.5kg. Had to rush these because the dip belt was missing a clasp and took ages to find a replacement that fit. Aside from that, felt hard AF.

Leg extension/lat pulldown: 4x8 @ 60kg/65g. Leg extensions hard but lat pulldowns harder than expected. Form not good so sticking with the weight.

Triceps extension/one arm DB row: 4x8/8 @ 29kg/32.5kg. Tricep extensions far too easy but rows hard.

Completely exhausted by the end.

Advertisement