Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cost of being a Recruit

• 15-12-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering how any recruits in Templemore are finding the financial side of things? Would many recruits be in their late 20's or 30's and have mortgages/kids, ect? If so, how do ye manage to survive?

I have a mortgage and am currently in a steady job earning about 32k a year but am considering taking the hit for a few years in order to get a better job with more long term prospects. I just don't know how I would manage living off that amount of money for 8 months.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

JKerova1 wrote: »
    I was just wondering how any recruits in Templemore are finding the financial side of things? Would many recruits be in their late 20's or 30's and have mortgages/kids, ect? If so, how do ye manage to survive?

I have a mortgage and am currently in a steady job earning about 32k a year but am considering taking the hit for a few years in order to get a better job with more long term prospects. I just don't know how I would manage living off that amount of money for 8 months.

I'm in the exact same thinking as yourself , would be great to hear from the recent trainees but they don't seem to be posting here anymore ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Canyon86 wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same thinking as yourself , would be great to hear from the recent trainees but they don't seem to be posting here anymore ha ha

Yeah I suppose there must be a ban on discussing the job on social media and being newbies they are all observing it diligently!

I have heard of people leaving higher paid jobs than mine to do it but it's a huge risk really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

JKerova1 wrote: »

Yeah I suppose there must be a ban on discussing the job on social media and being newbies they are all observing it diligently!

I have heard of people leaving higher paid jobs than mine to do it but it's a huge risk really.

Yep huge risk alright!

Where in the process are you at the moment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Yep huge risk alright!

Where in the process are you at the moment ?

Just waiting for the call for interview.

Advertisement