Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Street flats

Options
  • 15-12-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has lived on Market Street before, say around the Connacht Tribune or thereabouts, and how they found it? What's the noise like between the clubs and traffic? Quality of the houses etc.

Looking at a place near there and I'm a bit concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anima wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has lived on Market Street before, say around the Connacht Tribune or thereabouts, and how they found it? What's the noise like between the clubs and traffic? Quality of the houses etc.

Looking at a place near there and I'm a bit concerned.

Depends on the actual place you're looking at. Noise after nightclubs and early morning McDonald's deliveries can be bad at times. Traffic is the same everywhere in town really. Older houses around there can be quite cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Know someone there and they hate the noise from the nightclubs and student nights during the week. Now it's possibly grumpy old man syndrome too, and nothing that a pair of earplugs wouldn't sort, but that's what I hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As well as clubs you also have the council with leaf bolwers and massive vacuum cleaners cleaning up after them . Dont know what time they do market st, but similar areas its 6am ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I lived not far from there. Lots of street noise but it's a trade-off when you want to live in city centre. I got used to it after a while.

Advertisement