Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking App Suggestion

Options
  • 15-12-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a suggestion which I think would be a very useful addition to your mobile banking offer. 

If you've ever used the Paypal app, you'll know that when you send or receive a payment, a little pop-up appears on your phone to notify you of such - if you touch the pop-up you still have to log into the app so it's very safe. 

I think this could be a very useful feature on your mobile app. It wouldn't pose any security risk, it would simply notify you everytime you used your Debit/Credit card in the same way that the Paypal app does. For example you might get a pop-up saying - "Paid €5.33 to Costa Coffee". 

It would be a great way to keep an eye on rogue transactions. I find when going back over statements, it's very hard to recall every transaction particularly the small ones. 

Just a thought!

Happy Christmas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

bemak wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a suggestion which I think would be a very useful addition to your mobile banking offer. 

If you've ever used the Paypal app, you'll know that when you send or receive a payment, a little pop-up appears on your phone to notify you of such - if you touch the pop-up you still have to log into the app so it's very safe. 

I think this could be a very useful feature on your mobile app. It wouldn't pose any security risk, it would simply notify you everytime you used your Debit/Credit card in the same way that the Paypal app does. For example you might get a pop-up saying - "Paid €5.33 to Costa Coffee". 

It would be a great way to keep an eye on rogue transactions. I find when going back over statements, it's very hard to recall every transaction particularly the small ones. 

Just a thought!

Happy Christmas!
    Hi bemak, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards and for your suggestion. 

We always value our customers suggestions for any future updates to our mobile app and Online banking services and we really appreciate you taking the time to send us this here. We'll certainly forward this to our mobile banking team. 

If we can help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement