Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap, small physical device to use for RDP sessions

Options
  • 15-12-2016 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey guys, quick question. I am looking for a cheap small device that can run Windows 7 or 10 and will allow me to RDP to it, and then in turn allow me to then RDP to another PC. I want to use it as a 'jumpbox' so people can RDP to a secure server through this unit.

Any ideas welcome!

Needs to be ethernet based

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I think there is a version of Win 10 for the new Raspberry Pi

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Why?

This sounds like you're going behind your well intentioned sysadmins back...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

1) You'll need to get licensing sorted if you're looking to use it as a Remote Desktop Services box for multiple users.
    2) What budget do you have? And what does "small" mean in your context?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭StiffOldMan

Fysh wrote: »
    1) You'll need to get licensing sorted if you're looking to use it as a Remote Desktop Services box for multiple users.
    2) What budget do you have? And what does "small" mean in your context?

When I say multiple users I'm talking 4 or 5 max, non concurrently. And in small I mean physically small to keep costs down for data centre co location.
    This sounds like you're going behind your well intentioned sysadmins back...
    Its for PCI DSS compliance and introduction of a RDP jumpbox to the PCI zone, nothing malicious.

Advertisement