Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tragus piercing help

• 15-12-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had my tragus pierced 7 weeks ago. Went and had the jewelery changed Friday. It was fine up until yesterday. It's a ring but instead of the ball being totally free is connected on one side and then she used pliers to close to ring. If was moving good until yesterday this morning. When I got up it turned where the ball is on the bank of my ear, if hurts, a bit swollen and it won't slide back around. What can I do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Could be 'stuck' with the healing. How have you been cleaning it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

I doubt she used pliers to close the ring you likely have a BCR (ball closure ring) but not being able to move it might be just swelling from the ring going in. A tragus won't be 100% healed for up to 6 months but changing jewellery after 6 weeks is good. Once you keep up cleaning you should be okay, the ring might have some dirt or crust on it stopping you moving it.

Basically OP you should just leave it be. Clean it 3 times a day with a 1/4 tea spoon of natural sea salt to a half pint of boiling water, cool it to body temp and cotton swap to wipe of dirt. If there's hard dirt to loosen you can use a cotton ball soaked in warm sea salt water and leave it in your ear for a few mins to soften the dirt never pick or force it off.

Advertisement