Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop fan revving up after SSD install

• 15-12-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 5010 / i5 227GHz / 8GB RAM / Samsung 250GB SSD

Currently:

Clean (no viruses etc.)
    Running Win 7 Home
    Inside thermal paste replaced recently
    Clean fan and inside case
    Used for internet and daily work

I have upgraded the 500gb HD in this laptop a while back to a 250gb SSD. Soon after i noticed the laptop getting hotter than normal, so done a clean and reapply of thermal paste. Still had issues after of heat and fan revving up, so upgraded the 4GB RAM to 8GB thinking it was being pushed hard at 4gb but no change.

It has all drivers up to date and is clean of malware and viruses.

its fan is mostly at 50% and revves up under pressure when multiple chrome windows/ applications are open and hit 90 degrees @ about 4-5gb of RAM being used.

Any other areas i could look at? im at a loss on this one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Sorry... meant to add... ati mobility radeon hd 5470 (1gb) too.

Advertisement