Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas LED Lights on carpet

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

As long as they won't be walked on.... :)

I'd say they would be fine, use your own judgement, they shouldn't emit any significant heat but check them after powering them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers, yeh I've taped the wire part across the back of one step, just checked them and no heat off them at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

One other thing that crossed my mind.. the blurb says it comes with a transformer so I *assume* these are low voltage DC.
    Even so, bear in mind the possibility of a pet or toddler chewing on them if you have either in the house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Steve wrote: »
    One other thing that crossed my mind.. the blurb says it comes with a transformer so I *assume* these are low voltage DC.
    Even so, bear in mind the possibility of a pet or toddler chewing on them if you have either in the house. :)

Yes it has a transformer plugged straight into wall socket, one of those yokies with the 8 different choices of light

Advertisement