If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RX-V681 vs Denon AVR-X2300W

Options
  • 15-12-2016 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking into these AV receivers an came across the Yamaha which Im told has a better sound quality! but in spec is very similar to the Denon. I would really appreciate your professional advise on which unit to choose? 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Morn' cableguy..

Apologies for the delay - to be honest there is no definitive answer to this - my own preference is the Denon ( but then I used to work for Denon so possibly I'm biased...) the Denon has taken all the awards this year and is the What Hi-Fi Av Receiver of the year 2016:
    http://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2300w/review

Broadly having listened to both of them side by side I think they are both pretty exceptional the Denon does sound more full bodied and its pretty detailed to boot - however the Yamaha does not appear to have the same weight but typical Yamaha there is bundles & bundles of detail - really I would say that the choice should come down to which speakers you intend to partner your system with and what you are listening to / watching!

Thanks again - interesting post! and keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Good morning John,[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for your reply I know you guys are busy. [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Im planning on going with the speakers you guys recommended - the Audio Bronze 2. [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'll be using it as the centre piece of home entertainment and running the following through it:[/font]
    • 4K TV
    • PS4
    • NAS device
    • iPad
    • Android phone / Spotify
    • PC
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hopefully down the line get a sound bar maybe sub woofer, sats an setup 5.1 ![/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

If you are going with the Bronze 2 I would 100% recommend the AVRX2300 - and of course i didn't mention that the AVRX2300 is significantly more discounted at the moment! that would probably swing the balance!

If you wanted to go with the AVRX2300 / Bronze 2 I can do it for you at £599 / €699

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John - I have a friend thinking or ordering the same system also!

One last one if you dont mind :-) What else will be required to get the system up and running?

Speaker cable I assume? Would you guys have speaker stands that would allow mounting them to the wall?Possible something to mount the Denon?

Thanks again. 

Cableguy wrote: »
    Thanks John - I have a friend thinking or ordering the same system also!

One last one if you dont mind :-) What else will be required to get the system up and running?

Speaker cable I assume? Would you guys have speaker stands that would allow mounting them to the wall?Possible something to mount the Denon?

Thanks again. 
    Cable,

You will need a couple of  HDMI 2.0 cable to connect to your TV and your sources ( if you intend to run at 4K) - without breaking the budget I'd recommend:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200470-pearl-hdmi-2m.aspx

and yep  speaker cable - if you tell me roughly what length you require I'll have a look and do a dedicated bundle for you..

In terms of brackets for the Bronze 2 Monitor Audio make the dedicated MASM bracket but from memory that will only work up to the Bronze 1 - I think you will need the B-Tech BT77:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10926-bt77-black.aspx

..mounting the AVRX2300 - we don't really do a dedicated wall shelf that will hold that weight - we do teh Sanus shelf:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200140-vma401.aspx

But that's not rated to 10kgs... really your best option is a dedicated rack like:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10836-pxhf40.aspx

If you know what you would need in terms of cables / stands etc give me a shout and I'll get back to you with a boardie bundle..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

• Advertisement

Hi John,

If you could price me for the following thanks:

Denon 2300
    AB2 Speakers
    Pair of B-Tech BT77
    3m - HDMI
    2 x 2m - HDMI
    2 x 5m speaker cable to wires the speakers 5m away form the unit.  (Do these speakers require double speaker cable?)

Will I require a base / sub woffer atm or will the sound be adequate for now?
    Thanks

Hi guys - would be great if I could get a price on this soon. 

Just a slight change: 
    • Denon 2300
    • AB2 Speakers
    • Pair of B-Tech BT77
    • 1 x 3m - HDMI
    • 1 x 2m - HDMI
    • 2 x 5m speaker cable 
    • 2 x 10m speaker cable

An a couple of questions:
    • Do these speakers require double speaker cable?
    • Would I require a base / sub woofer atm or will the sound be adequate for now?
    • Would there be any point in connecting a set of Denon SC-39 speakers to the surround? or are special speakers required?

Thanks

Hi guys - would be great if I could get a price on this soon. 

Just a slight change: 
    • Denon 2300
    • AB2 Speakers
    • Pair of B-Tech BT77
    • 1 x 3m - HDMI
    • 1 x 2m - HDMI
    • 2 x 5m speaker cable 
    • 2 x 10m speaker cable

[*]

An a couple of questions:
    • Do these speakers require double speaker cable?
    • Would I require a base / sub woofer atm or will the sound be adequate for now?
    • Would there be any point in connecting a set of Denon SC-39 speakers to the surround? or are special speakers required?

[*]

Thanks
    [*]
    Cableguy,

apologies for the delay:

Denon AVRX2300
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 ( I'm guessing that's what you mean?)
    B-Tech BT77 * 1 Pair
    Audioquest Pearl HDMI * 1 3Mtr * 1 2Mtr
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 cable * 30 mtrs

Retal retail is £799

Boardie bundle £639 including delivery

a: I would advise just single wiring the Bronze 2 from the AVRX2300
    b: A sub will greatly enhance your sound - but I think its better to wait and get a decent one to match the Bronze 2 which are mega speakers rather than just getting 'any' bass box!
    c: You could do a 4.0 surround - the Sc-39 are not too bad - but again if it was me I'd probably just leave it at really good quality stereo to start with and build the system as time and budget allows.

Thanks again and keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, 
    Sounds great, sry but jut thinking on the comments could you include an extra set of brackets and 2m HDMI and price in euros. 
    Nearly there. 

Hi John, 
    Sounds great, sry but jut thinking on the comments could you include an extra set of brackets and 2m HDMI and price in euros. 
    Nearly there. 
    Denon AVRX2300
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 ( I'm guessing that's what you mean?)
    B-Tech BT77 * 2 Pairs
    Audioquest Pearl HDMI 3Mtr * 1
    Audioquest Pearl HDMI 2Mtr * 2
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 cable * 30 mtrs

Retal retail is £862

Boardie bundle £689 including delivery

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Thanks guys,
    How can I place the order?

Thanks guys,
    How can I place the order?
    If you would like to pop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details I'll ask one of the guys to give you a shout as soon as they get a chance!

Thanks for the order - its really appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.