Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon F1 Service

• 15-12-2016 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all, 
    Some may have seen from my other posts today that I was given of a Canon F1 which I'm delighted with. There seems to be an issue with it however, when the shutter is fired the second curtain of the shutter doesn't fire until the film is wound on. It would seem to be that it needs a CLA, but I'd also like to get it a good service before I throw roll upon roll of film in to it. Does anyone know someone who would look at it for me? Preferably Dublin based but anywhere in Ireland will do. 
    Thanks for your help. 
    31517015402_d1d538a1b6_c.jpg

A Whole New World by Stephen Devine, on Flickr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While I wouldn't have a clue, you should drop in to John Gunn camera shop on Wexford St. They will know how to help you and give you loads of advice too. I would certainly trust them more than any other camera shop for such advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Noel P Young of Noel Young Camera Repairs in Dun Laoghaire is the master of all analogue cameras, lenses etc. Many camera shops send their repairs to Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Noel P Young of Noel Young Camera Repairs in Dun Laoghaire is the master of all analogue cameras, lenses etc. Many camera shops send their repairs to Noel.
    That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for thanks so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you're northside, there's a chap out artane direction i've used before, called clive mcdonald. i think he's still in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

sdevine89 wrote: »
    That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for thanks so much.

PM me if you need a contact number, I didn't post it here incase it broke advertising rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement