Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I said it in an earlier post in this thread but the marketing of this event has been very poor IMO. They aren't doing much at all to generate excitement. IMO telling people for 2 months that "final tickets are nearly gone" is not going to entice them to go and buy a ticket. People need to be reminded of the acts there, and as I said they need to attempt to generate a buzz and a bit of excitement instead of basically saying the same message for the last 2 months: "hey lads tickets are going fast so buy one before there gone".

"A quick heads up that we have seen a massive surge in sales of our final tier tickets in the last 24 hours".

Grab yours to avoid missing the start of the summer!

Tickets: *link*
    Bus tickets: *link* "

Literally just got this message from LIFE again today. Actually laughed thinking about the post I made about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

"A quick heads up that we have seen a massive surge in sales of our final tier tickets in the last 24 hours".

Grab yours to avoid missing the start of the summer!

Tickets: *link*
    Bus tickets: *link* "

Literally just got this message from LIFE again today. Actually laughed thinking about the post I made about it.

I was going to make a post about it too! They're wrecking my head with all those texts that I am unsubscribing.

Almost identical message again today. They mentioned a few acts today though fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 megan_of

Anyone know if there is a campervan site? Or if not if you can stay in the car park? Is it very far from the parking to the main festival? I have not been since it moved up the country (showing my age) What are the campsites like in general? I have tried contacting the festival but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Planning on getting my ticket Thursday, anyone know the status regarding how much is left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There seems to be no indications that its selling out anyway so you should be OK. Incidentally some of the old heads are complaining that there is no psytrance stage this year. Now this wouldn't be my top form of music, but since I have been going from 2008 onward Neutronyx has always been involved with that side of the festival and was always considered one of the main stages, I can't imagine Life without psytrance and reggae which had a lot more importance back in 2008 with the likes of Max Romeo, Finlay Quaye, Sphongle headlining. It seems to have become a generic house and techno festival although there is some good acts still.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

One month to go! :)

Saturday & Sunday and Sunday only tickets are on sale now.

Breakdown of the main stage district 8 stage has just been announced. No stage times just days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Last time I was there in 2012 I don't remember it being too young - was a good mix I thought. Did get that "aw yeah there's a Garda" from a scobe though, which was pretty laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Long range weather forecast in, she looks decent. Low chance of rain and highs of 21-23. Although at this stage things could change but it's looking promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

While they may enforce the only on first run rule regarding alcohol, I wouldn't worry about them enforcing the quantity. I've been to 10+ festivals, most say that in terms and conditions or whatever. Never once it enforced at life or elsewhere.

For anyone that's been there before, what's the campsite like? Is it rough at all and do people actually sleep or does it go on all night?

It's my first festival and I'm just wondering if I should be worried and be on my guard.

It looks dark and ominous in Galway today I hope the weather is nice to you all up at Belvedere House. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is it gone more mainstream?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Could someone please tell me how they are getting there from Dublin? And does anyone know of Dublin are providing a service?

Bandito909 wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me how they are getting there from Dublin? And does anyone know of Dublin are providing a service?

Looks like Marathon Coaches is operating on Saturday too from Dublin, good luck and enjoy and I hope the weather is nice to you. http://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/offical-bus-service-life-2017-festival/

So how was everyone's weekend at Life?

This was the reviews I got from the Life Facebook page.

'Anyone need a lift up from Limerick direction?'

'Any one travelling up from cork?will pay for petrol.' :D:D:D

No one seems to be talking about it at all, give it a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I ended up wandering up on the Saturday night, wasn't much on that interested me but got a free ticket so why not. Definitely a different crowd go to Life than most other festivals in the country, didn't see anything rough happening but more scauldies than your average festival and 90% of the crowd is in their late teens/early 20s, even most of the DJs.

Saw Ricardo Villalobos who was okay but nothing special IMO, DJ Deece followed who played a good set for the time of day it was. They were both moved inside to the D8 stage as it was raining consistently at this point. Spent most of the day wandering around then once the rain stopped, saw two guys who on the main stage who I thought were brutal, also saw Dixon for a little while who was okay but didn't hang around for long. Went down to the Toast stage then for the rest of the night and had great craic, it was the only stage people were dancing with a smile on their face! Stayed there until around 4.30 before clocking out for the night. Quite busy and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, never any big queues at the bar or to get into the arena, they have changed the site around a lot since I was there last, much improved I thought. Could have done with more toilets in the campsite. I probably wouldn't go again but I don't think I am the target market either!

• Advertisement

Just back from the weekend at Life! Highlights would be Eats Everything and Patrick Topping on Friday, was impressed with Solardo and Maya Jane Coles on Saturday evening on the main stage and the festival was closed off on Sunday with an amazing set from Nina Kraviz which was as good as I hoped and expected!

Have to give a special mention the the Toast tent too, brilliant fun at that tent and being there was the perfect way to watch the sun rise in the early hours of the morning, as mentioned in previous post everyone there was dancing and smiling and it really was the highlight of the festival I think.

Only downside was a horrendous 3 hour queue to get into the campsite on Friday, thank god it wasn't raining. Poorly managed, there has to be a way that can be improved.

Overall a top weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Just back from the weekend at Life! Highlights would be Eats Everything and Patrick Topping on Friday, was impressed with Solardo and Maya Jane Coles on Saturday evening on the main stage and the festival was closed off on Sunday with an amazing set from Nina Kraviz which was as good as I hoped and expected!

Have to give a special mention the the Toast tent too, brilliant fun at that tent and being there was the perfect way to watch the sun rise in the early hours of the morning, as mentioned in previous post everyone there was dancing and smiling and it really was the highlight of the festival I think.

Only downside was a horrendous 3 hour queue to get into the campsite on Friday, thank god it wasn't raining. Poorly managed, there has to be a way that can be improved.

Overall a top weekend

As a matter of interest... did u see any of the homegrown DJs who were getting their break at this event!!!! How would u rate them....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

35min video of Sunil Sharpe's set filmed by 2FM:

Boots and Kats sunrise set was absolutely amazing!

Advertisement