Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Heuer movements

Options
  • 15-12-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone this is my first thread on boards i am just looking for a bit of advice on Tag Heuer movements i am interested in buying a Tag Heuer formula 1 and i want to get one with a good quality automatic movement but there is alot out there about them so can someone point me in the right direction, is the calibre 16 better than the 1887 or can they even be got in the formula 1 thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

The TH Calibre 16 is a Valjoux 7750, a decent workhorse Swiss chronograph movement but nothing special. There is certainly a Formula 1 Calibre 16.

TH claimed the 1887 was a 100% in-house movement when they introduced it, but then were forced to admit it was actually based on the Seiko TC78 platform. It is a column wheel type chronograph movement and I would say is the better of the two, but afaik it is only available in the Carrera.

If you want a TH with a really good movement, the Calibre 36 is the Zenith El Primero movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 T3svar

Thanks for the prompt reply thats great info to have im new to the watch market and wanted to get something good this will help in the search cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Also looking at getting a Tag Watch, is the quartz movement the best movement or the Automatic ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 T3svar

The quarts is better for keeping time and would be cheaper than an automatic, the automatic can lose a few seconds per day but if your into mechanical things they are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

etxp wrote: »
    Also looking at getting a Tag Watch, is the quartz movement the best movement or the Automatic ones?

Most watch collectors (or enthusiasts) are interested in Automatic watches... Quartz are great, functional, less costly, but ultimately don't have the same intrigue as automatic watches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Most watch collectors (or enthusiasts) are interested in Automatic watches... Quartz are great, functional, less costly, but ultimately don't have the same intrigue as automatic watches...

Automatic it is so 😬

Advertisement