Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning for mortgage , self employed question

• 15-12-2016 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am hoping someone could advise me on boards :)

My husband is a full time IT worker and I am a stay at home mother of two young kids. I do make a few bob doing some regular child minding jobs every other day but nothing too substantial ( 500-550 a month).

My question is if banks would consider me as a self employed person when we are applying for mortgage ?

I thought it might be better to show myself as a self employed person rather than a dependent to improve chances of getting a better mortage?

Ofcourse I will have to lodge the little cash earnings into my bank account. I have also registered for TR1 tax ( as childminder).

Do you think banks will even consider this ? We are planning on applying in 2017/2018. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

As self employed you will need to submit 3 years accounts together with 6/12 months business current account statements and 3 years P21 - Revenue balancing statement when applying for a mortgage.

Advertisement