Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post? Any deliveries this Saturday?

Options
  • 15-12-2016 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if An Post are working this Saturday? Up the walls in work and I totally forgot about an important birthday for someone who is 40 on Saturday.
    Do you think if I posted my pressie to them tomorrow that they'd have it Saturday?
    TIA if anyone knows anything :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Full deliveries this Saturday. You are still not guaranteed even at a quiet time that an item posted tomorrow will be delivered Saturday - Express Post is a dear (€6.25 for a letter, rises for packages) option that should ensure it.

If it can be got in to the sorting system earlier tomorrow it has a better chance - some smaller post offices only have one, very late, mail collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

L1011 wrote: »
    Full deliveries this Saturday. You are still not guaranteed even at a quiet time that an item posted tomorrow will be delivered Saturday - Express Post is a dear (€6.25 for a letter, rises for packages) option that should ensure it.

Thank you! I think I'll use that, dear and all as it will be :(
    Cheers for the quick response :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

If it can be got in to the sorting system earlier tomorrow it has a better chance - some smaller post offices only have one, very late, mail collection.

Makes no difference whether its posted at 9am or two minutes before collection.

These days all items are brought to local delivery office, put in cages, cages then all transferred to Portlaoise together in the evening and sorted overnight. Then transferred to relevant local area early morning and out for delivery.

Your best chance of delivery is to ensure the address is written very clearly - this allows the auto address sorter read it and avoids any delay.

I was under the impression that there were transfers during the day from regional DSUs - although the van traffic may just be them getting fuel from the local one...

Address point is very relevant - printed is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

I was under the impression that there were transfers during the day from regional DSUs - although the van traffic may just be them getting fuel from the local one...

Address point is very relevant - printed is best.

Not anymore - one big truck at 7pm or thereabouts.

We were doing 2-3 transfers of parcels a day up til this week and first transfers were still there when dropping late parcels off at 6.30pm. (naas dsu)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are there collections this Saturday? Wondering if it will make any difference if I do my cards now and post them before 5:30?

There are collections

"Saturday December 17, 2016 Full collection and delivery of mail"

Advertisement