Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turas Nua hassling me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 crystal hedgehog

My fiance was with TN since Feb 2017 and now he has found himself a job, without their help at all; he found them more of a hindrance than a help!. They are now ringing him and he is missing the calls because his working environment is so noisy, but that's a blessing from the sounds of it.However,he is still feeling hassled and asked me to send them an email saying thanks and good luck, which I did.Now they want all the details of his job and I am waiting for him to come home so I can warn him.
    The main advice here seems to be IGNORE! I would agree with this largely; I was a psychiatric nurse and know that ignoring undesired behaviour is a Pavlovian technique that is used in behavioural modifcation and has been shown to quite effective,LOL! However,I am wondering should I send one final email telling them that the details of his job are his own private business and that all they need to know is he is no longer claiming JSA!? A polite " Feck off!",if you will? Then to adopt an IGNORE policy and keep records of contact for a possible complaint! What do people think?
    P.S.My fiance hasn't got his own email address as he is not comfortable with tech and leaves all this sort of thing to me.We find it works well- we play to our strengths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I wouldn't bother replying to them. Ignoring completely seems to be the way to go. Either way they won't stop ringing him!

You're right of course,treat them like Pavlov's dogs in reverse,lol! I realise the part of me that wanted to reply was the part of me that wants to tell them exactly just how completely useless and ultimately,how much stress they have put my partner and therefore myself as well,under for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!:mad: I would LOVE to give them what for but discretion is the better part of valour in this instance I must concede!
    Hopefully soon this disingenuous attempt at profiting from people getting of JSA will self-destruct soon.I have heard that more and more employers are actually refusing to take on people referred from TN because they have sent them so many unsuitable candidates to date!
    Thanks!

If they were only gathering the data of the jobs they helped the people find, that would be acceptable but they have no right whatsoever to know anything about a job one has found for oneself with no help from them. That is a form of dissembling and is their attempt to get credit that is NOT due to them.I hope both Seetec and TN are finished soon as they are based purely on profit and spin and have no integrity.The very fact they are trying to obtain data they have no right to proves this!

Champ13 wrote: »
    I got a job on my own accord last year without any help from Turas nua. I had been assigned to them and attended only a few of there meetings. After I signed off the social welfare, I received numerous calls from Turas nua asking how the job was going and where I was working etc, I refused to answer these questions and thanked them for their help but they had nothing to gain by contacting me again. I knew they just wanted to use me as a fake job start and get paid by social welfare. Now a year later my employer comes to me saying he has been contacted by Turas nua asking if I work for the company full time and asking for a letter stating that I do so with my hours etc on it, I am absolutely furious that they have gone to these lengths to find out where I work and contact my employer without me even knowing in the hope they will get this letter and pretend to the social welfare that they have guided me and got me this job. Surely what they have done here is completely illegal
    This was a few months ago so can you tell us are they still hassling you and how you've dealt with it.My fiance is in the same boat and if they keep this up for months he will get quite stressed as he was already seriously stressed out by TN before he started the job! They really should NOT be allowed to do this to people,it IS a form of harrassment and there should be some form of legal protection from it!
    I hope they are leaving you alone now anyway and all the best with the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

This is story concerning Seetec but they are pretty much the same shower as Turas Nua.I am starting a TUS community work placement scheme next week.I got a letter however asking me to attend a Seetec information session next week as well.I went in to see my Tus work placement officer about this and he gave me a letter to bring in to them, excusing me from going to the information session.

So i went to the Seetec office and explained my story.I was asked to attend an information session with you next week etc.I have a letter here confirming that i am starting a TUS work placement scheme next week.The receptionist refused to accept my letter.I was told in a very clinical robotic voice by the receptionist, you are required to attend the information session in this office on this Tuesday morning at 10.30 am.You will then meet your personal employment adviser and you can then show them the letter.I smelt a rat and asked is this really correct.She went away for a few minutes to see a supervisor and she then just reiterated what she originally said.

Why wouldn't they take the letter excusing me from attending the information session there and then?Why do they want me to waste my time on Tuesday morning attending an information session and meeting an employment advisor for a service i wont be needing?

I am signed up with Galway City Partnership the people organizing my TUS work placement scheme.Yet here were Seetec intimidating me to attend their information session even though i am working that day.So i left and went straight back to see my TUS work placement officer.He was outraged after i told him my story, and he said he will ring Seetec and explain that i won't be there and i don't have to be there.

My suspicion is that Seetec were trying to bluff me into attending the information session and then my assigned Seetec personal adviser would have tried to bluff me into signing a contract with them.I only had a brief encounter with these people and they come across as a really horrible shower.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

If you are going on TUS starting a job with them next week forget all about Seetec , don't show up there
    they can do nothing about it ,but only if you start the job
    The moment you start Tus you re off the jobseekers list and nobody can do anything about it
    So don't worry and go for the scheme and let seetec boil their own waters

If you are going on TUS starting a job with them next week forget all about Seetec , don't show up there
    they can do nothing about it ,but only if you start the job
    The moment you start Tus you re off the jobseekers list and nobody can do anything about it
    So don't worry and go for the scheme and let seetec boil their own waters

Im actually starting work on Wednesday next week.This Seetec crowd want to see me the day before on Tuesday.But my assigned officer with the TUS program said he is ringing Seetec himself to let them know i won't be there.Im doing everything by the book here.Im all signed up with another work placement scheme.Seetec have no grounds to try and intimidate me.

So an update on the events so far.

1 I received a letter asking me to attend a Seetec information session.Despite the fact i am starting a TUS work placement scheme on the same week.

2 I went in to see my TUS team leader.He gave me a letter to bring in to my local Seetec office.Excusing me from attending the information session.

3 The receptionist at the Seetec office refused to accept my letter from my TUS team leader.I was told that i was obliged to attend the information session this Tuesday morning regardless.That i could then give the letter to my Seetec (why would i need to see a Seetec employment advisor when i am starting a work placement with the TUS program?) employment advisor.

4 I went back to see my TUS team leader.He said he will contact Seetec himself and explain my situation.

5 You would think that would be the end of it.Wrong.I was checking my messages on my phone earlier.And there was a missed call from a Dublin number.I returned the call and low and behold Hello this is Seetec.Our office is now closed etc.Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-6pm.I didn't give them my phone number and im pretty certain that no one from Galway City Partnership (the people organizing my TUS placement) gave them it either.Is that not a breach of confidentiality what they did there?Is it perfectly legit for them to get my phone number of the department of Social Protection?

6 So despite me going into them with a letter that excused me from attending the information session.A letter that they refused to accept.Despite my TUS team leader contacting them to tell them i don't have to be there.Despite this Tuesday the day of the information session being the day of the last social welfare payment i will be collecting from the post office.I will be then get my wages paid into my bank account from Galway City Partnership.My first wages from them will be going in this Thursday.Thursday will be the day im starting work.

7 Despite all of this Seetec are trying to contact me regardless.This is their Dublin head office now.Not the one in Galway.I have no doubt that when i ring on Monday morning.I will then be subjected to more intimidation to get me to attend their information session.Surely this is a violation of my rights?Why are Seetec harassing someone who is going off social welfare and starting a 12 month work placement scheme on the same week to attend their information session?

Don't ring them on Monday. Don't answer calls from them. You have your TUS set up. Ignore, ignore, ignore! If you go into that information session you will get signed up!

• Advertisement

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Don't ring them on Monday. Don't answer calls from them. You have your TUS set up. Ignore, ignore, ignore! If you go into that information session you will get signed up!

Im not going in to that information session for love nor money.I presume what's happening is that they want to snatch me from under Galway City Partnerships noses and sign me up to them.So they can make a profit of me.That is a really dishonest and disingenuous way to do business.My only fear is that when my TUS program is over in 12 months times.This might affect me if i need to sign back on the Jobseekers Allowance.

But i am doing everything by the book here.Im signed up with Galway City Partnership.I am their client not Seetecs.Why can't they just accept that?So i think i am well within my rights to ignore any future correspondence from Seetec.I bought a letter into them and they refused to accept it.They ignored the phone call from my TUS team leader explaining my story.Seetec had no need or right to contact me from that point onwards.Im just taken aback by the obnoxious way they are behaving.

If I were you I'd contact your local Intreo office and let them know what's going on. Just to cover yourself for when you next need to sign on.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    If I were you I'd contact your local Intreo office and let them know what's going on. Just to cover yourself for when you next need to sign on.

Im going in there first thing on Monday morning and i'll tell them the whole story.Im sure they will get Seetec off my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Working part time for the last few years but was signed up too turas nua a few weeks ago and have do courses every few weeks starting with a CV course

Did anyone here or knw of anyone that has got a good Full time job with Turas Nuas help ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Im going in there first thing on Monday morning and i'll tell them the whole story.Im sure they will get Seetec off my back.

Seetec are a UK company and just want data. They are not bothered about details. If you do not want to see them, you do not have to (with a job starting).

They should never have got the contract to begin with, but now that they have it they are using it to harvest data. All perfectly legal until someone makes it otherwise.

Personally, i would just ignore them, and the next phone call i might be inclined to tell them where to go.

Suckit wrote: »
    Seetec are a UK company and just want data. They are not bothered about details. If you do not want to see them, you do not have to (with a job starting).

They should never have got the contract to begin with, but now that they have it they are using it to harvest data. All perfectly legal until someone makes it otherwise.

Personally, i would just ignore them, and the next phone call i might be inclined to tell them where to go.

I went into the social welfare office and they just told me to ring Seetec myself.The impression i got from them was that this is not our problem.This has nothing to do with us.Anyway i rang the number from the missed call on my phone from their Dublin head office.I explained that i am starting a TUS program this week.The robotic toned telesales voiced person said they would take my name off the attendance list for tomorrow.Im glad that the ordeal is over.But i don't know why the people in their Galway office tried to bs me in the first place.If they accepted the letter from my Tus supervisor, and took my name off the attendance list for their information session there and then.It would have spared me a lot of stress and hassle.:rolleyes: I feel sorry for the poor people that are being humiliated and exploited by this shower of corporate vultures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

One word: targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering what the story was with turas nua I was on there programme for a year done all courses they put me on left in Feb just gone got a part time job doing x and os and then last week they call me again for same thing surely that's harrsment. Even when I told them I had allready done it and I had part time work they didn't care

I don't think there's anything to stop them hauling you back in again. This time they'll want you to either get another part time job to get you up to full time hours. Or find a full time job and give up your current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Bunglebear wrote: »
    Just wondering what the story was with turas nua I was on there programme for a year done all courses they put me on left in Feb just gone got a part time job doing x and os and then last week they call me again for same thing surely that's harrsment. Even when I told them I had allready done it and I had part time work they didn't care

they treat part-time workers the same as the unemployed - same goal to get you working full-time hours, however that may be achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ahooooosaid thefox

Ive been with them 6 months and now there forcing me to look for jobs I don't want, I want to work outdoors and this tme of year in winter there s not much work , when I started it was what I wanted to do and now its changed I have a new person in charge and they don't care about my background, I hate working inside I get stressed and panic all the time I had an indoor job and I struggled with it, panic attacks I got, I need to be outside the wind hitting my face and all that. they say if I don't apply the will send be back to have a meeting with the social welfare, its dosent seem fair im looking for outdoor jobs all the time and im hard working more so than them as I know I have done a decent days work something they would not know

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

Ive been with them 6 months and now there forcing me to look for jobs I don't want, I want to work outdoors and this tme of year in winter there s not much work , when I started it was what I wanted to do and now its changed I have a new person in charge and they don't care about my background, I hate working inside I get stressed and panic all the time I had an indoor job and I struggled with it, panic attacks I got, I need to be outside the wind hitting my face and all that. they say if I don't apply the will send be back to have a meeting with the social welfare, its dosent seem fair im looking for outdoor jobs all the time and im hard working more so than them as I know I have done a decent days work something they would not know

I'm experiencing the same kind of treatment. At the beginning it was all about my strengths, my experience etc. There is only one kind of work I said that I will not do again - and it's only one aspect of a sort of work, I told my PA from the start that working in this sort of job affected my mental and physical health and I will not go down that road again. It was all no problem, of course, take care of yourself first etc. at the beginning. Now not a $h1t is given! But tbh, I play along, I do not say no to any suggestions, and I continue to apply for jobs that I am interested in (which is everything except this one aspect of one line of work!). I would advise you to do the same, so it doesn't become an issue btw you and your PA.
    And good luck, I hope you get the kind of work you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Does anyone know if Revenue or the DSP can share information about your employer/new position with Seetec ?

I assume that the only way for Seetec to find out where your working and who for, in a job sourced by yourself is through you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

marvin2k wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Revenue or the DSP can share information about your employer/new position with Seetec ?

I assume that the only way for Seetec to find out where your working and who for, in a job sourced by yourself is through you ?

It's a breach of Data protection, if they did they wouldn't hound people with phone calls.

Surprised more people don't report the calls as harassment, I mean back in the day I was getting calls from a company regarding an issue. Reported them for harassment, end of calls! Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Ignore and block any Tipperary prefixed land-lines,06, Turas Nua headquartered there, had the same problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Kk333

Turas nua and seetech are subsidiaries of an British based company that have rolled out similar program's in the UK. They have failed miserably in the UK. They only have a 15% success rate here in Ireland and this figure is debatable as they harass you even if you get a job of your own accord to give them the name of your employer so they can claim commission from the DSP.
    They are only here to make FG look good figure wise as you are not considered to be unemployed when with them hence do not have to sign on each month and so are not included in the 6.1% unemployment figure. The real figures with everyone on jobsseekers allowence and benefit included stands at over 8.7%.

This will seriously hurt FG come election time. Everyone knows someone sold to these private companies like second class citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Offalygal.

I just seen these posts since I am in the same situation now. I finished college at the end of May and got a letter for an appointment with TN the week after. I have been to maybe 3 appointments with them since then just to ask me questions about what work I wanted to do. They didnt even get to the stage to review my cv. I had applied myself to loads of jobs and obtained a job myself that I start next week. Now they are asking for my employers details registration number and contact details. I really don't want to give them that information as they had no dealings with them at all. I certainly do not want them contacting them. If they had helped in any way in getting me that job then I would have no problem providing that info but I dont see how they request it when they were not involved whatsoever. Do I just ignore them? If I do will they go ahead and ring my employer anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Kk333 wrote: »

Turas nua and seetech are subsidiaries of an British based company that have rolled out similar program's in the UK. They have failed miserably in the UK. They only have a 15% success rate here in Ireland and this figure is debatable as they harass you even if you get a job of your own accord to give them the name of your employer so they can claim commission from the DSP.

They are only here to make FG look good figure wise as you are not considered to be unemployed when with them hence do not have to sign on each month and so are not included in the 6.1% unemployment figure. The real figures with everyone on jobsseekers allowence and benefit included stands at over 8.7%.

This will seriously hurt FG come election time. Everyone knows someone sold to these private companies like second class citizens.

For the record, Turas Nua and Seetech were introduced by the Labour Party's Minister for Social Protection - her name was Joan Burton.

I'll repeat that, because you appear to be trying to re-write history in order to damage Fine Gael, rather than telling the truth:-

Turas Nua and Seetech were introduced by the Labour Party's Minister for Social Protection - her name was Joan Burton.

Joan Burton's PRESS RELEASE

Offalygal. wrote: »
    I just seen these posts since I am in the same situation now. I finished college at the end of May and got a letter for an appointment with TN the week after. I have been to maybe 3 appointments with them since then just to ask me questions about what work I wanted to do. They didnt even get to the stage to review my cv. I had applied myself to loads of jobs and obtained a job myself that I start next week. Now they are asking for my employers details registration number and contact details. I really don't want to give them that information as they had no dealings with them at all. I certainly do not want them contacting them. If they had helped in any way in getting me that job then I would have no problem providing that info but I dont see how they request it when they were not involved whatsoever. Do I just ignore them? If I do will they go ahead and ring my employer anyway?

Yes,just IGNORE them. You got this job entirely by your own efforts and they have no right to know anything about it and cannot legally force you to give the details. Also,your employer may not be too happy about it as if you give TN their details,they will keep mithering them as well as you!They will keep ringing you during office hours but just put your phone on silent,ignore all unknown numbers or if you recognise a TN mobile or landline number,cut the call or,the ultimate head-saver, even change your mobile number; eventually they willgive up! All the best in your new job and don't let TN bully you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Of course, if you lose your job and need the assistance of Social Welfare again, you can always explain to them that you didn't bother replying to Seetec or Turas nua because some anonymous poster on Boards.ie told you that it wouldn't matter!

Advertisement