Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find rental accommodation

Options
  • 15-12-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. Maybe someone could help. My wife and I are due to be evicted from our apartment January 1st. However we can't find a place. It's not that we are fussy there's just nothing to rent. What should we do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Where are you located and what's your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidan123

Where are you located and what's your budget.

Navan. 1100pm . Restricted to area as my wife doesn't drive and works locally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

What have you been doing to get a place?

I assume the usual re getting the daft app and setting up alerts with regards to your budget and areas that you would like to live.

And of course, come prepared to viewings with references or whatever else the landlord/landlady/estate agent is asking for. Express a keen interest if you like the place and ask what you can do to move the process along. In the last 3 years or so, I've moved 3 times. 2 of those times were to new places, and in both instances, being prepared and expressing a definite interest were, I assume, key in getting a signed lease.

There are a few companies around that you can put your name with and they look for places for you. There's a fee, of course, but having a company work on your behalf might give you a slight edge in terms of potential landlords having everything done for them on your end.

Just be careful that your desperation doesn't lead you to dropping your guard. There are plenty of scams on Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I see about a dozen places in Navan in your price range on daft. Is there something wrong with these in particular or what issue are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Plenty of apartments and 3 bedroom houses for sub 1200 in Navan from what I can see, is your issue that you aren't getting time to put in the legwork? It can be tough over Christmas to be honest, if you could arrange to stay with folks or something and give yourself a bit of time you'd be better off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement