Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking to buy Risk Legacy ASAP

Options
  • 16-12-2016 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain, but I am just wondering if anyone knows any shops in the Meath/Louth/Dublin area which stock Risk Legacy (or shops elsewhere in Ireland which stock it and do delivery). Trying to get this as a gift for someone for Christmas and being the muppet I am I've left it far too late (Amazon, etc can't guarantee delivery in time for Christmas).

Thanks in advance for any help that any of you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Gamersworld on Capel street have been known to stock it. I don't know if they have any in stock currently, but I'd certainly give them a ring and check if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

Thanks for the info. Their website said they were out of stock of it but I might give them a ring as you say in case the website is wrong. Cheers.
    quozl wrote: »
    Gamersworld on Capel street have been known to stock it. I don't know if they have any in stock currently, but I'd certainly give them a ring and check if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You may be able to get it from Amazon either if all else fails.

If you go in to the different sellers list you can choose an alternative vendor. For instance there's one called RedTag Event who say it will arrive before Christmas I think.

Might be different for you based on where you live though, but worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

You could try boardgamer.ie if all else fails. They deliver nationwide for free & are top notch. At a push you might find it in Easons or the boardgames section of Smyths toystore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah boardgamer.ie was my first thought to get it quickly but they seem to be out of stock too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain, but I am just wondering if anyone knows any shops in the Meath/Louth/Dublin area which stock Risk Legacy (or shops elsewhere in Ireland which stock it and do delivery). Trying to get this as a gift for someone for Christmas and being the muppet I am I've left it far too late (Amazon, etc can't guarantee delivery in time for Christmas).

There's a game shop in Navan called Reroll games, not sure what type of selection they have but worth a try.

Boardgamer.ie are out of stock I'm afraid, as are every Smyths I've tried.
    You could try boardgamer.ie if all else fails. They deliver nationwide for free & are top notch. At a push you might find it in Easons or the boardgames section of Smyths toystore.

Thanks for the suggestion, every vendor on Amazon I've tried gives me the 27th as the earliest they'll have it to here by unfortunately.
    osh wrote: »
    You may be able to get it from Amazon either if all else fails.

If you go in to the different sellers list you can choose an alternative vendor. For instance there's one called RedTag Event who say it will arrive before Christmas I think.

Might be different for you based on where you live though, but worth checking out.

I totally forgot that that place exists! I must give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.
    Twigster wrote: »
    There's a game shop in Navan called Reroll games, not sure what type of selection they have but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Boardgamer.ie are out of stock I'm afraid, as are every Smyths I've tried.

The Legacy games didn't make to regular toy shops.
    It is a great game.
    But if you can't get it I'd put in a suggestion for pandemic Legacy.

Similar campaign style play .

RISK is great thou.

• Advertisement

Got it in ReRoll Games on Flowerhill in Navan.

They responded quickly when I contacted them via facebook well after trading hours, they had stock of it, put it aside for me for a day until I could collect it and even through in a free starter pack of Magic the Gathering cards with it. So anyone else looking to get stuff like this I'd definitely recommend ReRoll Games.
    Hi there,

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Got it in ReRoll Games on Flowerhill in Navan.

They responded quickly when I contacted them via facebook well after trading hours, they had stock of it, put it aside for me for a day until I could collect it and even through in a free starter pack of Magic the Gathering cards with it. So anyone else looking to get stuff like this I'd definitely recommend ReRoll Games.

Happy days. I keep meaning to go over for a look, might pop in over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Enjoy the game. Have you got regular crew of players you intend to play with.
    My game has 3 core players with spots 4 and 5 rotating throughout my various nerd herd.
    And it's entertaining to see how other folks deal with the changes.

It's a gift for a friend, he has a group of other friends who like board games a lot and I loved Risk Legacy back when I used to play it regularly for a while and so thought it'd be a good one for him to introduce to his other friends.

I'm sure I'll get to play on his board some time myself. I hope so because if I win a game it'd be the third Risk Legacy board to have my name on the leaderboard.
    MarkHall wrote: »
    Enjoy the game. Have you got regular crew of players you intend to play with.
    My game has 3 core players with spots 4 and 5 rotating throughout my various nerd herd.
    And it's entertaining to see how other folks deal with the changes.

Advertisement