Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered from Curry's.co.uk, Order not fulfilled

Options
  • 16-12-2016 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Morning all

Just a quick question I'd appreciate a view on.

I ordered a 10.1 inch Android Tablet on 1 December off Currys UK Website via Parcel Motel. Got a processing order e-mail on the same day and Money was taken from my UK Debit Card on 2nd December.

I received no further communication and as this is a Gift I rang their customer service line yesterday to enquire about delivery.

After a bit of faffing around the girl I spoke to initially said it was out of stock but when I pressed for a delivery date she then said well actually the order has been stopped by our security unit.

I expressed my surprise and explained again that my money was taken on 2nd December and I had no correspondence to indicate any issue.

I've had deliveries before using the same card and PM from Currys.

She said she had to cancel the order and do a refund, item is now sold out but had I known earlier the order would not be fulfilled I could have made alternative arrangements.

I logged a complaint and later yesterday a confirmation e-mail outlining that the order had been cancelled 'at my request'.

No attempt to source a different product, provide a different colour of the same product (which is now £50 dearer in shop and online.)

Currys T&C outline that if an order will not be fulfilled for any reason they will send an e-mail. This did not happen.

Have I any recourse to make them respond to my complaint as I don't feel they took it seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Get your money back and move on to a shop, forget about getting delivery for Xmas from the likes of parcel motel at this stage if buying from the uk.

£50 is a big discoubt on a new tablet if it's current generation, it was probably a pricing error they would not have that much profit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You should read through the forum there's plenty of posts like it. Until you get a confirmation email your order hasn't been accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

It's my understanding that once your money has been taken, an order is accepted. I would not be impressed at all. However, unlikely to be fixed before Xmas at this stage but I'd persist with the complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Better things to be doing with your time than complaining to some care agent that doesn't give a hoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Tks for replies folks.

I'm not intending to start a crusade at all but I was hoping to be in a position where Curry's would be made squirm a little and deal with the complaint because only then will things start to change.

1) Ordered and Paid for on 1/12/2016
    2) Bank Debited on 2/12/2016
    3) No communication at all until I rang on 15/12/2016 and spoke to CS agent who advised me the order was cancelled and could not give me an explanation why. Could not have been less interested.
    4) e-mail received from Curry's subsequent to my conversation with Customer Service advising that the order had been cancelled 'at my request'.

As I say I'll purchase elsewhere but wanted to vent at Curry's for their poor service. I presume I'll be some time waiting for my bank account to be credited back.

Tks again

• Advertisement

E30i wrote: »
    Tks for replies folks.

I'm not intending to start a crusade at all but I was hoping to be in a position where Curry's would be made squirm a little and deal with the complaint because only then will things start to change.

1) Ordered and Paid for on 1/12/2016
    2) Bank Debited on 2/12/2016
    3) No communication at all until I rang on 15/12/2016 and spoke to CS agent who advised me the order was cancelled and could not give me an explanation why. Could not have been less interested.
    4) e-mail received from Curry's subsequent to my conversation with Customer Service advising that the order had been cancelled 'at my request'.

As I say I'll purchase elsewhere but wanted to vent at Curry's for their poor service. I presume I'll be some time waiting for my bank account to be credited back.

Tks again

As I've already said you received no confirmation of your order which is when you should have called to query it.

If you read the t&c's you agreed to it states the above so what would you like to change? Curry's aren't to blame.

It's your bank that takes time to credit your account BTW.....

As I've already said you received no confirmation of your order which is when you should have called to query it.

If you read the t&c's you agreed to it states the above so what would you like to change? Curry's aren't to blame.

It's your bank that takes time to credit your account BTW.....

FYI

Currys T&C outline that if an order will not be fulfilled for any reason they will send an e-mail. This did not happen. How are Curry's not to blame?

E30i wrote: »
    FYI

Currys T&C outline that if an order will not be fulfilled for any reason they will send an e-mail. This did not happen. How are Curry's not to blame?

See above where I said you need a confirmation email before your order is accepted??

You didn't get that, hence you should have contacted them.

There's no point quoting parts of the t&c's that suit you but ignoring the pertinent parts that apply to you.

Look, you tried to order from the UK site, they stopped it and you lost out. It was stopped because you're ordering from Ireland which isn't allowed. Plenty of people try it on different sites some get through, some dont.
    You've complained and you've got a refund, they aren't going to do anything else.

It's not the end of the world TBH.

Certainly not the end of the world I couldn't agree more.

I have no idea why this order was stopped and I tried to establish that, I'm not assuming it had anything to do with my location. I have ordered previously from Currys's and had the order fulfilled without question.

I quoted what Curry's T&C's state, I would expect either a Confirmation E-mail or a Cancellation e-mail and got neither.

Hence I rang and found that my money had been taken and the order would not be fulfilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

What people on here don't get is, the money isn't "taken" - a temporary authorization is placed on the funds to ensure they are there - money is only usually taken when the order dispatches. If an order isn't processed for some reason (like in this case), then it's on the bank to release the funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I ordered 3 items in November in Currys and got only 2 items delivered today. All my efforts to contact them through customer care phone line lead me to the unanswered automated message for nearly one hour or more but no one speaking finally. An automated response on phone on entering my order number shows that the order is complete. I am completely pissed up with xmas approaching and item not delivered and also without any idea as to what happened to my order and also with no one who is responsible to be spoken to about it.

What people on here don't get is, the money isn't "taken" - a temporary authorization is placed on the funds to ensure they are there - money is only usually taken when the order dispatches. If an order isn't processed for some reason (like in this case), then it's on the bank to release the funds.

The money was 'taken'. It left my bank account on 2nd December and I received an e-mail this afternoon from Curry's stating that they will organise a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I don't agree with this. The money was 'taken' - as in the the customer has no access to it directly on foot of an order placed with Curry's. They should not have authorised any kind of hold over it until an order is accepted. They cannot just hold funds to ransom until they decide whether the item is available, especially for 2 weeks with no communication.

An example of a decent company is Amazon - they do not take or put a hold on any funds until the item is dispatched. On first ordering with them, they take £1 to confirm the card. The OP is already a customer of Curry's and has ordered via PM in the past, so there's no excuse here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

That's rubbish. (I'm do online retail)

Also those who say that once money is off the card it constitutes a contract are also talking rubbish as they tick a box agreeing to the terms and conditions which state various scenarios that allows the order to be cancelled.

Advertisement